ZFGC CP > Management

Plot hole?

<< < (2/3) > >>

MG-Zero:
Yea option two we'll have to rearrange Hyrule Field a bit (not that we ever decided on a finalized design).  Currently the only way into the Valley of Death is through Goron Mountain.  Or we could just make the entrance to the valley not so deep into the mountain so they don't have to backtrack aaall the way there

Max.:
Well, Hyrule Field already borders the valley of death. There's no story reason for the only way into the valley to be through the Goron mountain that I can see, I think it'd make everything simpler if we just made it connect to the field, regardless. Then the player would be more inclined to visit Hyrule town in between the Goron and Sheikah areas, which there will probably be sidequests to do anyway.

That being said, we set it up so Link would have to sneak back into the Castle if he comes back after he talks to Ganon before the Zora area. If there's no reason to come back between any other dungeons, there's not much point in setting this whole "you'll have to sneak past the guards!" thing. So I guess I'd vote make Link come back thinking the last cog is with the royal family. Then we have more plot going to at Hyrule Town, more chance to reunite Link with his hang, access to sidequests throughout, etc.. And the only downsides are having to keep this in mind when designing the field and mountain (so basically, changing nothing :p  ), and having to add in a bit more stealth, but we should probably have the steal mechanisms in place from other parts of the game anyway.)

There's different ways Link finding out the cog has been moved to the Sheikah, too. He could meet Ganon at the room where he thinks the cog is hidden but it's gone, it's a mystery they have to figure out where it went (stealthily stealing letters?).

Or similar, but they could see a Sheikah taking it (more action- try to chase the Sheikah).

Or Link could arrive at the castle, sneak in, and Ganon could just tell him outright that it was moved, the game's gonna be longer, kid.

Maybe Ganon could say he's found the cog's location in the castle, and the two of them go to get it, Ganon creates a goofy diversion and Link opens a chest and- oh! It's gone!

Maybe Link sneaks into the room where it should be, finds it missing, turns around and Zelda is there! She tells Link she's on to him, look I can tell you've got a good heart but you shouldn't be stealing from the royal family. This Gerudo King is trying to destroy the balance of Hyrule, you shouldn't be following him. I'm going to give you one chance to get out of here and turn your life around or something.
...oh, but then how would they know where the cog went?

Maybe they find the cog's chamber, but as Link or both of them enter, they see a Sheikah opening the chest and taking the cog. "Oh no, they stole it first!", and we just get a hint now or later that Zelda actually ordered the Sheikah to take it.

Anyway, there's a bunch of ways this could go, that's enough brainstorming for now, haha.

Max.:
So! I was going to wiki this big long doc culled from the posts of story we figured out to update some plot stuff, and I realized we still haven't answered this quite. So, I'm gonna lay down the law a little. If anyone thinks there's a better way to do this, or has any issues or whatever, speak now, otherwise we'll just go with this.

When Link comes back to the castle after the Goron dungeon, he sneaks into the Gerudo King's chambers. He is greeted and complimented on his success on finding the first three cogs. The king believes he's discovered the location of the final cog within the castle, through a secret passage somewhere or something. He gives Link the approximate location, saying that he will be following right behind Link, but they should both avoid being seen.

Link sneaks through the castle, Ganon following him and occasionally causing distractions for guards or pushing down items or stuff Link needs from a higher point down to where Link is, that kind of thing. They eventually reach a door with a triforce mark above it and Ganon pauses before walking in. "Strange-" he says. "But no matter." Link walks up to the big chest and opens it to reveal... nothing.

"What!?" The Gerudo king shouts. He looks in the chest himself and thinks for a moment. Quickly, he realizes that someone must have realized their intentions. "One of the royal family must be trying to prevent us from finding the triforce and uniting our people. They sent the cog off, but where?..." He paces up the room, pauses at a window facing north. "Link, to the north lies the valley of death. At the end of those treacherous lands lies the fortress of the Royal Family's servants, the Sheikah. They must have sent the cog there for safe keeping. You must travel to the fortress of those oppressors." He walks back toward the door. "However, Link... the Sheikah keep the path to the desert, home of my people. The desert is inhospitable and deadly. Avoid its sands at all costs."

With this new information, Link heads north to the valley of death.

So unless that seems like we should do something else, that's what'll happen.

Miles07:
Well, SPOILERS, Max. >:I

J.k.

MG-Zero:
One problem I see with that is from the wiki on the Shiekah:

--- Quote ---He meets with the elders, however they obviously won't let Link anywhere near the cog since they know to protect it. They also think that there is no danger in Hyrule, since the Gerudo are still kept out.
--- End quote ---

If they don't think Hyrule is in danger, why would they take the cog?  Is there something in that doc that contradicts this?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Go to full version