ZFGC CP > Side Quests

Magic Talismans

<< < (2/5) > >>

Miles07:
The Talisman idea sounds good, since they come in different shapes and sizes, therefore being "equippable" anywhere on the body. (One could be a ring, one a necklace, one a clip to attach to a belt, etc.)

Max.:
Cool, well I switched it to Talismans. I do think that'll eliminate the potential joke of imagining Link with rings on like every hand. Anybody have comments on their actual effects? Some seem like good ideas, other ideas that might be better, etc?

Miles07:
Here's one: some sort of talisman that hides your identity from enemies until you make some sort of non-"boring" move, like rolling or other actions. Basically, you're invisible (or viewed as just some NPC) to the enemy while you simply stand or walk, but once you make any action out of the ordinary, or bump into a the foe, your identity is revealed and the talisman fails to work until you leave the immediate area.
Put another way, it's a talisman that makes enemies view you as an NPC until you do something that NPCs won't usually do.

EDIT: This is, of course, going above and beyond the useful effects of the Magic Rings from the Oracle games.

Max.:
Could be cool. If the talismans are passive, permanent upgrades to Link's abilities though, do you think this could be a little bit overpowered, especially for dungeons? Since there's no EXP and mostly no reason to fight enemies in Zelda unless you need to get get a key/make a door open, do you think this would allow the player to breeze through too many areas that are supposed to be hard and it could make the game kind of boring?

Miles07:
Maybe it only works in the overworld?
My thought was that while Link looks and acts as a non-suspecting character (walking, not dashing or rolling or doing anything acrobatic), he'll blend into the crowd, so to speak. But as soon as he brandishes his sword or uses combat item or a magical tool, his cover is blown.
Recall from A Link to the Past, how some soldiers will just go along their patrols or doing whatever, and then Link does something to nab their attention while not in their direct line of sight. THAT is what I'm driving at.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Go to full version