ZFGC CP > Side Quests

The Sword Sages

<< < (2/2)

BlazeBigBang:

--- Quote from: Donotfeedthemax on August 06, 2015, 03:46:11 am ---I think the sword skills are these:

Sword Bream
Barrel Ambush
Pursuit Slash
Shield Attack
Roll Attack
Down Thrust

But I'm pretty sure Zeere the Zen Zora teaches the pursuit slash, but that might be adjustable?

A couple other notes, you didn't change Gerudo the whole way through, you left a couple. We don't have an Ocarina item, or a graveyard but a tomb hidden somewhere would work. Having an entire hidden floating city seems a bit much to add in as it doesn't have any other purpose, but the character could still be on a cloud I figure.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, not the whole city, just a mini-dungeon, like the others. The legend goes that the he defended the city all by himself.

Also, I didn't put the skills because I wasn't sure how many skills were (I thought there were 7 lol).

And I wrote edited this kinda tired, already changed everything about the gerudos this time  XD

BlazeBigBang:
Any ideas or suggestions besides what Max mentioned?

Miles07:
Shield Bash? That way it'd be more useful, IMHO.

Also, some sort of "upper" attack, like Helm Splitter, or something meant to attack a tall enemy's face/head?

Max.:
Shield bash/shield attack is in there.

For the height attack, we've got the down thrust, which is kinda that. The pursuit slash (using the shadow medallion after stunning an enemy, we'll probably have to tweak the mechanics), could also be used to get armored/tall enemies from behind, but we don't have anything like the helm splitter. Could be fun to add in.

So, thought. These dead spiritual dudes being encountered in ghost form and teaching Link moves, are very similar to the hero's shade from twilight princess. However, we also have a core character that is basically that, the ancient hero's ghost/spirit/shade who's working with Maple to try and thwart Link/Ganon from getting the cogs. How do you guys feel these two concepts are/should be related in this game? Does having two ghost from the past features seem confusing, do they reinforce each other, is it common enough that two different ghost systems doesn't really even stuck out?

Also, I had the idea that maybe instead of having them be a line of father/son ancestors passing on sword skills, it could be an order of master swordsman. Some could be Hylian, but there could be Zora swordsman, Deku swordsman, perhaps a Goron could teach you the shield bash but uses his bulky arms instead of a shield, etc? Or does a line on ancestors seem better?

BlazeBigBang:

--- Quote from: Donotfeedthemax on August 14, 2015, 05:30:40 pm ---Shield bash/shield attack is in there.

For the height attack, we've got the down thrust, which is kinda that. The pursuit slash (using the shadow medallion after stunning an enemy, we'll probably have to tweak the mechanics), could also be used to get armored/tall enemies from behind, but we don't have anything like the helm splitter. Could be fun to add in.

So, thought. These dead spiritual dudes being encountered in ghost form and teaching Link moves, are very similar to the hero's shade from twilight princess. However, we also have a core character that is basically that, the ancient hero's ghost/spirit/shade who's working with Maple to try and thwart Link/Ganon from getting the cogs. How do you guys feel these two concepts are/should be related in this game? Does having two ghost from the past features seem confusing, do they reinforce each other, is it common enough that two different ghost systems doesn't really even stuck out?

Also, I had the idea that maybe instead of having them be a line of father/son ancestors passing on sword skills, it could be an order of master swordsman. Some could be Hylian, but there could be Zora swordsman, Deku swordsman, perhaps a Goron could teach you the shield bash but uses his bulky arms instead of a shield, etc? Or does a line on ancestors seem better?

--- End quote ---

Sorry for not answering, been away :/

The ghosts can be from different races, maybe something that they were all from  the same period, they knew each other and decided to teach their techniques to those they consider worth.

And about the other ghost, they can know each other. Like, these blade masters nay know the other ghost, either as enemies or friends.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Go to full version