ZFGC CP > Sprites/Tiles

Forest dungeon Tiles

<< < (3/9) > >>

Shane:
Some general critique:
* The walls could use some slight improvement. The "wooden frames" shouldn't blend in with the other wood it's framing, it looks confusing to say the least. Perhaps darken the wood that's not meant to act as frames?
* In TMC, the giant leaves were placed on the edges of the entire dungeon map, just a little note to consider.
* Perhaps it's just me, but it feels weird that we're seeing a tree-like dungeon with wooden walls and stone flooring.It's a start, so let's keep going with it. Personally would like to see the circular Minish Cap trees get turned into a fall fledged dungeon set, but not sure if it's possible. I might fiddle around with a few graphics myself actually.

SpritingBrad:

--- Quote from: Shane on August 13, 2015, 04:07:36 am ---Some general critique:
* The walls could use some slight improvement. The "wooden frames" shouldn't blend in with the other wood it's framing, it looks confusing to say the least. Perhaps darken the wood that's not meant to act as frames?
* In TMC, the giant leaves were placed on the edges of the entire dungeon map, just a little note to consider.
* Perhaps it's just me, but it feels weird that we're seeing a tree-like dungeon with wooden walls and stone flooring.It's a start, so let's keep going with it. Personally would like to see the circular Minish Cap trees get turned into a fall fledged dungeon set, but not sure if it's possible. I might fiddle around with a few graphics myself actually.

--- End quote ---

Hmm, You mean this one (see attachment) It could be used, as an entrance/ bottom floor. Link enters a big tree and the temple starts, the starting room is this treetrunk and at the end there is a door with stairs that go up into the tiles I made? ideas?

If we use this, we can also change the colour of the wood.

Shane:
Yeah, I think it could work, given we make proper outward and inward corner tiles for it. We also need to make it elevation and surface friendly too so we can stack them up, have higher elevation and we can place things like water and pits next next to the walls. We also need to consider if we are planning to use the circular tree interiors for other things too, if so, then we might have some slight issues here perhaps. A lot of work either way...

Also for the record, if people want to stay with the original walls, go ahead. I like them myself (given a few nitpicks here and there). But the MC tree wall tiles were just some food for thought if you will.

Max.:
The MC tree tiles are awesome, and it'd be sweet (and yes, tons of work) to get them optimized for different shapes and sizes than a circle. Personally, I don't think square walls inside the tree are a bad thing, I think the wooden walls Spritonic's got are stellar and just being wooden is enough to make it feel like you're in a tree. Did the Deku tree in Ocarina of Time have square rooms? I feel like it did, but can't remember. It feels constructed instead of natural like the circular tree tiles, but I think it works well that way and the stone floors make sense then.

If we opt to have some of the dungeon outside I think it'd be cool to have a pond where you need to go across some of the giant lily pads, and there could be crumbling stone or wooden walls where the kokori village once stood.

SpritingBrad:

--- Quote from: Donotfeedthemax on August 14, 2015, 05:42:05 pm ---The MC tree tiles are awesome, and it'd be sweet (and yes, tons of work) to get them optimized for different shapes and sizes than a circle. Personally, I don't think square walls inside the tree are a bad thing, I think the wooden walls Spritonic's got are stellar and just being wooden is enough to make it feel like you're in a tree. Did the Deku tree in Ocarina of Time have square rooms? I feel like it did, but can't remember. It feels constructed instead of natural like the circular tree tiles, but I think it works well that way and the stone floors make sense then.

If we opt to have some of the dungeon outside I think it'd be cool to have a pond where you need to go across some of the giant lily pads, and there could be crumbling stone or wooden walls where the kokori village once stood.

--- End quote ---

It would be hard to do the tree tiles with corners and such.

For the crumbling stone structures, we could use some of the wind ruins stone walls from minish cap (unless you want to make the swamp have that? I was thinking the swamp to be more like in MM)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Go to full version