ZFGC CP > Sprites/Tiles

Forest dungeon Tiles

<< < (2/9) > >>

SpritingBrad:

--- Quote from: MG-Zero on August 11, 2015, 07:15:41 pm ---
--- Quote from: Spritonic on August 11, 2015, 06:16:23 pm ---
--- Quote from: MG-Zero on August 11, 2015, 06:06:42 pm ---Looks very nice :) Don't forget that parts of the destroyed Kokiri Forest are part of the temple as well

http://wiki.zfgc.com/KOT:Forest_Temple

--- End quote ---

Is the temple going to be around the kokiri village? It would be cool to have a large room with destroyed houses and stuff.

--- End quote ---

We never really fully established this, but the idea was to have parts of the village be accessible through the temple due to being damaged.  I THINK tree tops were also part of the design, but I can't remember.  Max, can you confirm?

--- End quote ---

I got the treetop idea from Blaze´s design :P

So the temple acts as meeting point sort of thing? cool!

MG-Zero:
Yea, if I remember right.

Also, I'm a bit confused in your sprites about those large pillar looking things?  Looks like they're crossing each other?  Are they supposed to be fallen over?

SpritingBrad:

--- Quote from: MG-Zero on August 11, 2015, 08:02:10 pm ---Yea, if I remember right.

Also, I'm a bit confused in your sprites about those large pillar looking things?  Looks like they're crossing each other?  Are they supposed to be fallen over?

--- End quote ---

yes they are supposed to be fallen over, One is over the other, and the one on top has a shadow

Max.:

--- Quote ---We never really fully established this, but the idea was to have parts of the village be accessible through the temple due to being damaged.  I THINK tree tops were also part of the design, but I can't remember.  Max, can you confirm?
--- End quote ---

I can confirm that it was never 100% established, and I think that's fine as whoever designs the dungeon has freedom that way, it can wander into parts of the ruined village, have treetops involved, have a big hollow stump as a room, whatever the dungeon designer feels will fit. I do, however, feel both of those things are great ideas.

Spritonic, the wall and door tiles and everything are super dope! I love them. The fallen pillars don't work at all, however, since they look the same as we're used to seeing them in the corners. It's very confusing. I'd recommend spriting them from scratch, possibly at regular + type angles instead of /\ diagonal angles, I think it would read better. I'd also say you should try to get your hands on the mushrooms from the Minish Cap Shrinking portals.

Those are exactly what we want, probably. For the dungeon and all throughout the swamp.

Anyway, the tiles are great and you're off to a wonderful start for the dungeon. Just from experience though, I would not recommend tiling entire rooms, unless they're just as a test/example. The dungeon should really be sketched out as it will save so much time. Sooo much, things will inevitably change. I actually spent three days on a train and a couple more when I had some downtime studying how Zelda dungeons are designed, so if you want help/pointers and stuff, I'd love to help (internet is a little spotty from day to day but I'll make it work).

And even if you don't let me help, I'm gonna critique mercilessly because I want this game to be freaking AWESOME. Oh, and again, those tiles are freaking awesome.

SpritingBrad:

--- Quote from: Donotfeedthemax on August 12, 2015, 03:05:13 am ---
--- Quote ---We never really fully established this, but the idea was to have parts of the village be accessible through the temple due to being damaged.  I THINK tree tops were also part of the design, but I can't remember.  Max, can you confirm?
--- End quote ---

I can confirm that it was never 100% established, and I think that's fine as whoever designs the dungeon has freedom that way, it can wander into parts of the ruined village, have treetops involved, have a big hollow stump as a room, whatever the dungeon designer feels will fit. I do, however, feel both of those things are great ideas.

Spritonic, the wall and door tiles and everything are super dope! I love them. The fallen pillars don't work at all, however, since they look the same as we're used to seeing them in the corners. It's very confusing. I'd recommend spriting them from scratch, possibly at regular + type angles instead of /\ diagonal angles, I think it would read better. I'd also say you should try to get your hands on the mushrooms from the Minish Cap Shrinking portals.

[img=http://zeldawiki.org/images/thumb/4/40/Inside_tree_stump_minish.jpg/120px-Inside_tree_stump_minish.jpg]

Those are exactly what we want, probably. For the dungeon and all throughout the swamp.

Anyway, the tiles are great and you're off to a wonderful start for the dungeon. Just from experience though, I would not recommend tiling entire rooms, unless they're just as a test/example. The dungeon should really be sketched out as it will save so much time. Sooo much, things will inevitably change. I actually spent three days on a train and a couple more when I had some downtime studying how Zelda dungeons are designed, so if you want help/pointers and stuff, I'd love to help (internet is a little spotty from day to day but I'll make it work).

And even if you don't let me help, I'm gonna critique mercilessly because I want this game to be freaking AWESOME. Oh, and again, those tiles are freaking awesome.

--- End quote ---

OF COURSE I LET YOU HELP! This is a comunity project remember? I think its awesome the amount of work we have done so far, and it wouldn´t have happened if it weren´t for your amazing artwork that guided me through!

I only did the rooms so you could see how it would look like, but the main thing here is the tiles! I´m glad you like them!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Go to full version