ZFGC CP > Sprites/Tiles

menu select mockup

(1/4) > >>

MG-Zero:
Took it upon myself to take a shot at this.  Used a background from Minish cap and made my own buttons.  Just a mockup obviously.  Thoughts?

To the right of each file would show which cogs you've collected.  Didn't include them here since we don't have sprites for them

pxl_moon (dotyue):
maybe it should fit the theme of the game...

"King of Thiefs" so when you read this you think of:

1: The Gerudo King

Desert, Red/Yellow brownish Colors

Maybe a "OoT2D" type of screen with Desert instead of Grassland

2: Darkness (Thiefing & Ganon)

Night, Blueish/Violette dark Colors

A Nightsky Background

3: Combining 1-2

A Desert Night, Blueish dark Colors with Golden Corners

A Desert with a Nightsky, Arabian Nights Themed like Alladin or Prince of Persia

_____

I assume that you go there from the Titlesceen (Title-> Select Start->Menu)

_____

Just a few Theme thoughts to go by, would need a little bit custom Sprites but i'm sure there are some who can handle a desert bg :P

Max.:
Dotyue's got a good point, the lush green background and the cool teal colors don't make the most sense for our game's tone. It would be cool to have some custom art of like, Hyrule Town at night with a figure standing on a roof in front of the moon. Or the desert with some of the Gerudo town in it, or the tower where you get the fire/ice arrows. I don't yet have enough experience with pixel art to whip something like that out :/

But I think a good placeholder for the background would be if we could just recolor the mountain background you have now (which is from climbing the beanstalk) so the mountains aren't a lush green but instead have a desert at the bottom. We could get rid of the river too. Shouldn't be too hard.

Anyway, as far as everything else, it looks fine. A few questions.

We have an erase button, will we have a copy feature? I've never personally used that feature, but I like the idea of it.

What are the numbers to the right of the player names?

Would it be easy so when you select a file, that box gets bigger and shows the character sprite and stuff like what sword they have or number of hearts? That's never really super important information, it's just fun. Low priority for sure, but it's one of those touches that makes the game more professional and stuff.

MG-Zero:

--- Quote ---We have an erase button, will we have a copy feature? I've never personally used that feature, but I like the idea of it.
--- End quote ---

Ah, I knew I was missing one!

--- Quote ---What are the numbers to the right of the player names?
--- End quote ---

Number of deaths

--- Quote ---Would it be easy so when you select a file, that box gets bigger and shows the character sprite and stuff like what sword they have or number of hearts? That's never really super important information, it's just fun. Low priority for sure, but it's one of those touches that makes the game more professional and stuff.
--- End quote ---

Yup! That's the idea actually.  I just don't currently have all the sprites needed to make a mockup for that.

As for the overall theme, I agree.  Something more desert-ish would fit better.

SpritingBrad:
What if the number of death overexceed the amount 999, will it turn to 1000?  I think that is unnecesary IMO. We should have a languages button also, so you can change language whenever you want.

I think I can try to edit something for the BG, as a place holder.
The colours of the buttons should be red with silver outlines, since the sand is yellow and putting golden borders wouldnt be a good idea.

Edit: Minish Cap has a simple menu select where when you selected one, on the right there was a big box that showed the progress: amount of hearts, what primary objects (elements) you had, rupees etc...
Therw is a language button right below them and when selected, the big box shows the languages.
After you choose the fule you are going to play in, it shows the file only with the objects shiwn on the big box, and the erase and copy buttons below it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Go to full version