ZFGC CP > Sprites/Tiles

Gerudo Desert and Fortress

(1/6) > >>

SpritingBrad:
I attempted to do the Gerudo fortress with the tiles from the wind palace from minish cap. The roof and palette is from a screenshot I found of ZC.
This is just a wip, I was just messing around with the tiles to see what I could make. :P But it looks good, so if you guys like it, we can use it.
What do you guys think of this?

EDIT: I made the area surrounding the fortress. Note that this is not the desert itself, and there is still a lot of free space to put a desert area, and we also have to make the Valley of death, so both will be to the right.

Miles07:
I see the pre-edited version of the Gerudo symbol on that red banner. Are we going to keep the older design, or switch to the newer one?

Max.:
I like the tiles, they seem like they'll work well for the fortress. I think as far as its layout, it's pretty much right now just based on Ocarina of Time, right? I'm partially guessing since we never specify in the wiki that it's a fortress. It'd be worth it to consider how the Gerudo live, and why they live that way. Like, would they live in a big communal building like this, do we want most of this area to be inside? Or do we want a number of ramshackle buildings? And also, do we want the building to be similar to Ocarina of Time, or do we want something more original to set this game apart?

As far as the plot is concerned, anyway, we do know that we need one area to be a prison (Link gets thrown in), and elsewhere in the desert (preferably somewhere hard to get to) is the tower where the fire and ice arrows are.

Anyway, the tiles look awesome! They fit together pretty well and look like they stack well and are versatile. It's interesting how the ladders always take you up on top of the blockier parts of the walls over the pillars, it seems like it makes sense, as far as how the player would move, to not have it like that. One weird thing is that they have a lot of wooden crates, considering how there's not so many trees in the desert, but it does looks good.

As far as the symbol goes, all of the old concept art I can think of used the edited Gerudo symbol. It might also be better to just use a less detailed scrap of cloth with no symbol on it- it'd be easier to edit as blowing in the breeze too.

Good to see this area coming into being, though : )

pxl_moon (dotyue):
as i saw the wind fortress entrances i thought that you maybe want to exchange them with gerudo symbols... here a link with hyrule writing systems (gerudo is somewhere in the middle) http://www.glitterberri.com/hyrule-historia/writing-systems-of-hyrule/

SpritingBrad:

--- Quote from: Donotfeedthemax on June 04, 2016, 01:40:59 am ---I like the tiles, they seem like they'll work well for the fortress. I think as far as its layout, it's pretty much right now just based on Ocarina of Time, right? I'm partially guessing since we never specify in the wiki that it's a fortress. It'd be worth it to consider how the Gerudo live, and why they live that way. Like, would they live in a big communal building like this, do we want most of this area to be inside? Or do we want a number of ramshackle buildings? And also, do we want the building to be similar to Ocarina of Time, or do we want something more original to set this game apart?

As far as the plot is concerned, anyway, we do know that we need one area to be a prison (Link gets thrown in), and elsewhere in the desert (preferably somewhere hard to get to) is the tower where the fire and ice arrows are.

Anyway, the tiles look awesome! They fit together pretty well and look like they stack well and are versatile. It's interesting how the ladders always take you up on top of the blockier parts of the walls over the pillars, it seems like it makes sense, as far as how the player would move, to not have it like that. One weird thing is that they have a lot of wooden crates, considering how there's not so many trees in the desert, but it does looks good.

As far as the symbol goes, all of the old concept art I can think of used the edited Gerudo symbol. It might also be better to just use a less detailed scrap of cloth with no symbol on it- it'd be easier to edit as blowing in the breeze too.

Good to see this area coming into being, though : )

--- End quote ---

Yes, it is based on Ocarina of time, but I looked at the old concepto you made for the overworld (the complete one, not very detailed) and you can see the fortress of the far left corner. So I based it on that too, notice how the layout is the same: http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=41420.0

The prison can be inside the fortress, on the basement. I am working on the layout of the fortress  from the inside, I made new times for it too.

On the concept of the overworld you made Max, you show the training grounds tower further to the right from where the fortress is. We can make a path that meses from Death Valley and another one leading to the desert where the tower is, but it is locked, and you need permission of Abigail to go through (she gives you a key or something to open the gate). I imagine the desert leading to the training grounds like twilight Princess, holes in the grounds, enemies lurking everywhere, such as sand gliders, which we could use to move from certain areas, maybe quick sand? We can have the player use most of the items he has:
Hookshot: to get from one side of a pit to another.
Magnetic gloves: same as hookshot, but with metal pilars. And to latch onto sand gliders.
Bomb Cannon: destroy rocks in the way... etc.

As for not many trees, we can add palmtrees. Would make sense IMO.

The ladders going up to the pillar will get changed. Where there is a ladders, there wont be a pillar.

Also, how will the player even GET to the Valley of Death from the already done overworld? Maybe through a cave system?
And there is a stronghold in Death Valley where the sheikah live that locks the entrance to the desert?

Max, I can post the area for the desert and Death Valley and we can work on the concept for both?

EDIT: I attached the areas so we can start thinking about the layout, where everything needs to go. Note that there will be cliffs where the desert ends, and I´m thinking of maybe having the sheikah stronghold on the bottom left part of the valley area? And we can also make the desert even larger, making the Valley smaller?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Go to full version