Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Iwata admits Nintendo's E3 sucked (for core gamers)  (Read 2121 times)

Iwata admits Nintendo's E3 sucked (for core game...
« on: July 22, 2008, 10:01:23 pm »
Responding to criticism that the Nintendo's E3 showings lacked a major first-party Wii title aimed at the hardcore gamer, president Satoru Iwata has apologized to those who felt betrayed.

"We are sorry about [the E3] media briefings, specifically for those who were expecting to see Nintendo show something about Super Mario or Legend of Zelda," Nintendo president Satoru Iwata told Forbes.

During Nintendo's recent E3 press conference, the company appeared to focus on casual-oriented titles, such as Animal Crossing: City Folk and Wii Sports Resort, and quickly glossed over major hardcore announcements, such as Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars on DS and word that the teams for Mario and Zelda were working on new, unspecified titles.

"If there is any perception that Nintendo is ignoring the core gamers, it's a misunderstanding and we really want to get rid of that misunderstanding by any means," he continued. "The so-called big titles need a long, long development period...we really didn't think this year's E3 media briefing was the time to do so."

One of the biggest E3 revelations for hardcore Nintendo fans, news that a new Pikmin game is in the works, came about as a unplanned response to a question from former Shacknews editor Chris Remo.

"I think we're addressing both [hardcore and casual gamers]," marking VP Cammie Dunaway informed Wired, expressing hope that third-party games like Call of Duty: World at War would be enough to sate the desires of hardcore gamers.

"We don't talk about stuff until we've got a great degree of confidence that we're close enough to release it."

The marketing VP confirmed that "the extent" of the Wii's remaining 2008 lineup had been detailed at E3, and also mentioned that despite her announcement of Grand Theft Auto on DS, she had not yet seen the title.

As for a solution to increase the Wii's 512 MB of internal memory, which is used to store downloaded content and has been chastised by developers as limiting the system's potential, Dunaway noted that Nintendo did not yet have a solution to announce, but suggested deleting old, infrequently used content.

Lastly, she expressed her belief that the recently unveiled Wii MotionPlus controller add-on, which increases the precision of the Wii's motion detection capabilities, is likely to "very rapidly" spawn sequels of current and upcoming Wii titles, "because it is a heck of a lot of fun."

Source

Awesome, yes? Many of you will say "I expected this", but didn't just about everyone say that Nintendo abandoned us?
Re: Iwata admits Nintendo's E3 sucked (for core ...
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2008, 10:14:15 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
I expected this (sorry, lol) but people get too worked up over nothing. It is pretty obvious Nintendo is working on the main series, they just didn't want to unveil them.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2008, 10:15:59 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Solution to the 512mb?  Add USB Harddrive and flashdrive support.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2008, 10:21:10 pm »
MG-Zero, the only way that wouldn't look atrocious is if someone incorporated that into a heat sink.
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2008, 10:40:12 pm »
  • Wu tang Forever
MG-Zero, the only way that wouldn't look atrocious is if someone incorporated that into a heat sink.
what? he's talking about support for USB drives, I don't see why looks or heat sinks have anything to do with those.

It's not E3 that should make people think that Nintendo has abandoned the core gamer, it's everything they've done before it..
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2008, 10:56:24 pm »
what? he's talking about support for USB drives, I don't see why looks or heat sinks have anything to do with those.
The heatsink would hide the USB drive sticking out the back.
« Reply #6 on: July 23, 2008, 12:49:31 am »
  • Taste the soup of my brain!
Having the console turned in the intended direction would hide the usb drive sticking out the back.

...Nintendo's suckage is all Reggie's fault.  I don't know how... it just is.
She'll pull out your feathers for her brand new hat and when she's done that she'll feed you to her cat.
People you love will turn their backs on you.  You'll lose your hair, your teeth. Your knife will fall of its sheath, but you still don't like to leave until the end of the movie.
If I threw my guitar out the window, so far down, would I start to regret it?  Or would I smile and watch it slowly fall?

Kyubi

GET ON THE BALL!
« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2008, 01:08:30 am »
  • :3
Iwata also said in an interview they were in fact working on a storage solution.
Gannon-banned brother.

« Reply #8 on: July 23, 2008, 02:56:21 am »
  • Surpass the impossible & kick reason to the curb!
Having the console turned in the intended direction would hide the usb drive sticking out the back.

Reggie makes me rage like no other.  !@#$% him for not bringing awesome Japanese only games stateside.
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth.

God's in his heaven, all's right with the world.
  • Exploding Foot Studios
« Reply #9 on: July 23, 2008, 03:09:47 am »
  • Hookshot to the Future!
is it me or is that cammie person a complete dumbass , who thinks we are complete dumbasses?
Dunaway noted that Nintendo did not yet have a solution to announce, but suggested deleting old, infrequently used content.
Check my ZRPG development blog at rev2k9blog.spaces.live.com
  • My Blog

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2008, 06:29:43 am »
  • Silly cat!
At least Nintendo realises this. Well, Miyamoto and Iwata do, anyway.

NoA are !@#$% up everything. They're not doing anything right.

Iwata also said in an interview they were in fact working on a storage solution.
He announced that this year. I'd say they're still looking into it :S
« Last Edit: July 23, 2008, 06:31:24 am by Hoffy »

Hoffy.
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2008, 06:37:43 am »
Hmm, how do the japanese feel about this casual gamer appeal? Does anyone know if they're more pissed off, less, or about the same?
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2008, 01:00:06 pm »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
is it me or is that cammie person a complete dumbass , who thinks we are complete dumbasses?
Dunaway noted that Nintendo did not yet have a solution to announce, but suggested deleting old, infrequently used content.
I hate that Cammie chick. She spoke to everyone as if they were three and told crappy stories that no-one cared about. NO-ONE CARES WHAT YOUR SON WROTE IN YOUR CARD! Reggie, Miyamoto and Iwata are the real nintendo unveiling team.

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2008, 02:39:44 pm »
  • Modrill made the avatar. I command you to like it.

Reggie makes me rage like no other.  !@#$% him for not bringing awesome Japanese only games stateside.

Same here. When asked about Mother 3 coming to the U.S., he responded "What is a Mother 3, guys?". Although the decision to localize games isn't his, I think.

My Brawl FC is 1289-8196-4511. Don't expect me to be on all the time though.
  • Super Smash Karts
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 66 queries.