Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CGI problems  (Read 1127 times)

CGI problems
« on: November 18, 2007, 01:24:42 pm »
  • Save the Sprites! Save as .PNG
Hi everyone! I am currently trying to add an mail to form to a website i am developing, anyway, i got to the problem with mailto that it only seems to work with outlook, so i found out that the best application is CGI, and i need to get a module for pearl calld MyCGI.pl , which i find impossible to find, if anyone knows how to get this module or another way around to get a working information from please give me a shout, ow an example of the code is here:

Code: [Select]
<FORM ACTION="/cgi-bin/mycgi.pl">
favorite color: <INPUT name="favecolor">
<INPUT TYPE=SUBMIT VALUE="Submit">
</FORM>

Regards,

Norlem
  • Google
Re: CGI problems
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2007, 01:28:59 pm »
  • Minalien
Tell me. What, exactly, are you getting that you need "mycgi.pl" from? A tutorial you found on the internet? You seem too horribly confused for me to explain right now being in my state of needing sleep (I blame WoW... but Ilisia is level 10 now :D), so if you dont get what you need by the time I'm awake, I'll help you then.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2007, 01:39:40 pm »
well what i am doing is an form for a company, and they have time schedules and they usually fill in a piece of paper, and now they want it to work over the net, so the application is supposed to give them the opportunity to fill in a form, and click send, so the one taking care of the time schedules receives email with filled forms. but using mailto wont work unless everyone use outlook which ain't the case.
  • Google
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2007, 01:42:35 pm »
  • Minalien
mailto simply works with the default mail client configured on the computer; on Windows machines, that's usually Outlook. What I need to know is who/what told you to use something called mycgi.pl?
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2007, 01:49:06 pm »
tutorials, told about using mycgi.pl do you know any better options? (have access to mysql CGI, pearl and PHP)
  • Google
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.068 seconds with 44 queries.

anything