Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Original Rpg Intro Screen Music  (Read 2125 times)

Original Rpg Intro Screen Music
« on: February 12, 2009, 02:11:19 am »
  • Drop down and give me 9000!
I am slowly making my own RPG soundtrack for a game I wish to make. It's inspired by my imagination and not much else. So here is the intro music:
http://www.box.net/shared/xarufnv24a

It's short and cuts out at the end but that is only because the title screen music will then kick in. Can't think of a name for it though, and the game title, any ideas/suggestions?

EDIT: 2nd version with slight volume adjustments, Oboe solo thanks to Darklight and minor pan adjustments:
http://www.box.net/shared/e3tamyinjk

Also the midi file for those interested:
http://www.box.net/shared/9jdzpdzlmb
« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 12:31:32 am by HyperKnight32 »
I like potato.
  • My Myspace

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
Re: Original Rpg Intro Screen Music
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2009, 03:55:17 am »
Typically the title of the game will come after the story is fleshed out. If you start with a title then the story has to revolve around that title. It's more limiting.

As for your intro tune, it sounds really ambient. Like a fantasy style, only calm with no "epic heroic" sound in it.
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2009, 05:26:33 am »
Sounds nice! I can just imagine an oboe soloing over the piece before the piano kicks in... I might give it a go integrating it into the piece XD.
Edits: I had a bit of a listen through my headphones... I think that the harp needs to be turned down a little and panned close to a bottom corner (not right in the corner), if you get what I mean, think of it as the arrangement of the instruments in an orchestra/ensemble. The other instruments also need to be spread over the spectrum.
Also, I had a go adding a oboe solo over those 4 bars before the piano, if you like it I can send you the midi data :D. This sort of thing really is my style, now I want to expand on it tons more!
Listens: http://www.box.net/shared/0qqzazeg9r
« Last Edit: February 12, 2009, 05:44:56 am by Darklight »
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2009, 09:28:36 am »
Wow, what you've done with adding the oboe solo is incredible!
 Yes please send the midi data, i could as sure learn a thing or two :). Thanks for the advice on the harp too, i'll take a look at it when i get home, also i must ask, what is the range for an oboe?
I like potato.
  • My Myspace
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2009, 12:08:07 pm »
Very good!
For that sort of song I would just name it "<Name of the game> Intro", or maybe "Legend".
« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2009, 01:04:00 pm »
Wow, what you've done with adding the oboe solo is incredible!
 Yes please send the midi data, i could as sure learn a thing or two :). Thanks for the advice on the harp too, i'll take a look at it when i get home, also i must ask, what is the range for an oboe?
Alright, I've attatched the oboe solo. The soundfont I used was florestan woodwinds. As for the range of the oboe, I have no idea XD. That would easily be within range though because I've heard them play lower and higher than that.
Dynamics are very important in a lot of orchestral type music, making certain things stand out more or blend is very important. Don't overdo it though, too many dynamic changes in a short time can sound rather bad, I've learnt from experience :P.
BTW, I converted the dynamics for the oboe from slide notes in FL to general midi volume, so if you can edit the envelope with whatever you're using (cakewalk?) you'll see what I mean about dynamics :D. However if you have a second volume envelope like FL does for mastering I'd suggest mabye turning it down a little, I drew the envelope a bit high.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #6 on: February 12, 2009, 02:36:59 pm »
The range of the oboe you can check at wikipedia: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oboe
They have the ranges of all the instruments in there.
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2009, 12:30:10 am »
Thanks for the feedback and such, I've slightly adjusted the volume and panning of some instruments.

Hopefully it's a tiny bit better now. Also thanks for the midi DarkLight :) I do have the same soundfont so it was no problem to load it up. However the settings on the oboe for some reason didn't agree with Cakewalk, it put the oboe up a whole tone, I tried my best with the volume and such though.

Anyway I've now included the second version and the midi, take a look if interested.
I like potato.
  • My Myspace
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.028 seconds with 54 queries.

anything