Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Opera DS lol  (Read 2675 times)

Opera DS lol
« on: August 16, 2006, 03:45:53 am »
http://www.opera.com/
(omgz website)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QR2yfhBSvR0
(testing Japan version....)

http://dsrevolution.com/article.php?articleid=1336
(DSR Article)

Yeah so.....Opera on DS. In Japan, I guess.
I mean, it's slow, but it's the net on my DS, so I'm surely gettying it if/when it comes out in CANADA.

Pedlya

Pederp
Re: Opera DS lol
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2006, 04:37:29 am »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
How dare you link to DSR from here, but I probly wont get this now :P
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2006, 07:39:27 am »
I think its cool.
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2006, 08:05:06 am »
  • :3
wow realy cool
  • daniel-kun
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2006, 03:35:50 pm »
How dare you link to DSR from here, but I probly wont get this now :P
i was thinking that meyba the people were saying it was so slow because they're so used to hispeed, but seeing that video......man, 2 minutes a page?

Buuuut I'll probably still get it. It's the net on DS! I can go here, to ZFGC, while I'm......OMG in INVERMERE!
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2006, 03:38:16 pm »
  • 笑い男
as long as you can access a wireless network and get on the net
i wont really have a need for it, or money :P
and 2 minutes is an extremely long time O_O i saw soem youtube video that said some site took like 4 or 5 mins to load...
but i love its zoom, scrooling and other features i cant remember :P

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World

tippz

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2006, 03:32:00 pm »
it's slow

That is only because you in America it is still connecting to the Japanese server. Reporters said it was faster at E3 where the wifi networks are packed full, probably because it was actually connecting to a local server. I expect much better load times when other regions get their official release.
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2006, 03:35:54 am »
  • w00t
What I'm wondering is if it will accept www.iyhy.com or other sites that convert normal websites into text-only modes, useful for browsing on handheld devices with limited bandwidth.

Like tippz already mentioned, it's possible that your request goes through a Japanese proxy before sending the content to you, so speed will understandably be slow.

Until it's released in the US, we can't really judge anything.
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2006, 03:42:11 am »
  • =/
I wonder how long it would take to load a wikipedia page? =/

What I'm wondering is if it will accept www.iyhy.com or other sites that convert normal websites into text-only modes, useful for browsing on handheld devices with limited bandwidth.

Like tippz already mentioned, it's possible that your request goes through a Japanese proxy before sending the content to you, so speed will understandably be slow.

Until it's released in the US, we can't really judge anything.
That would work much better. If I get a ds browser I'll try that.
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2006, 04:23:58 am »
DS browser to hit Europe this fall

Soon you won't have to smuggle your DS browser from Japan! With a release date scheduled for October 6, 2006, DS fans will soon be browsing the Internet with Opera at WiFi hotspots all over Europe. Let the countdown begin.
OMFG FROM HERE!!!: http://www.opera.com/

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2006, 11:25:02 am »
The DS-browswer is pretty cool, but... it's absolutely a waste of money if you don't live nearby a lot of hotspots. Because when you can access internet at home via your DS, you can as well use your own PC, which is a lot faster, actually. And more useful. OperaDS can't even show Flash-animation and I heard it got problems with XHTML and similars... I think.

So, it's only cool if you're outside in a restaurant, or a hotel with hotspots, so you can access internet there, yes. But everything else is useless...
  • Me on deviantART

tippz

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2006, 02:03:19 pm »
well lets face it, internet browsing on anything except a computer or laptop can be pretty useless, but just being able to do it makes it cool!

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2006, 03:35:22 pm »
Not for 60???+. XD
  • Me on deviantART

tippz

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2006, 05:35:38 pm »
Sorry stuff is overpriced over there... It is expected to be the regular $30 here in the states, isn't it? I checked on lik sang and it is the same price as all the other import games, so yeah I would espect the same old price tag...
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2006, 06:24:47 pm »
Lol the psps internet is only 5x as fast.and plus you gota pay seperate so its retarded.A cheep gimmick.

Pyru

« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2006, 07:47:41 pm »
Lol the psps internet is only 5x as fast.and plus you gota pay seperate so its retarded.A cheep gimmick.

Except you get the touch screen, which, I would imagine, would make web browsing a whole lot better.

Besides that, the DS has a better variety of games, lower price tag with or without the browser, and has not been plagued by the same problems that the PSP has been.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.202 seconds with 70 queries.

anything