Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: I feel this isn't ZFGC anymore.  (Read 11478 times)

I feel this isn't ZFGC anymore.
« on: September 14, 2006, 02:39:02 pm »
And I don't think it is at all.
At the ezBoard times, and the times before GA, I visited ZFGC because it was fun, and a great community, filled with Zelda fangames of a good quality, and amazing sprites. And then we got the non-Zelda game sections. Nice, slightly leaving Zelda, but it added lots of new games and members, which was awesome.
Then we got the Off-topic boards, which were pretty much pointless, as it was almost all spam, anyways.

Then we got the whole Project X thing (Gamers Advanced) and then DSRevolution, then the crap ZFGC-X.

Then this...and what is this?! This is some kind of weird barely Zelda forum centered solely upon one thing...

the obvious way to stop the spam in the Off-topic folder would be to destroy Off-topic ... but no, the admins didn't do that ... they went and added a Spam board.

And now I'm honestly thinking of leaving ZFGC, even though I've been here since the Early Ages of the Founding of the ezBoard ZFGC.

There's barely any good Zelda fangames, only edited walking engines somebody else has made, where every character is a recolour of Link.

And the sprites in the graphics folder are nearly all total rubbish. We've lost almost every good spriter.

Barely anyone from the Early Ages of the Founding of the ezBoard ZFGC is still around, they've all left, and now I know why.

Unless this picks up within a month or so, I'm leaving.

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
Re: I feel this isn't ZFGC anymore.
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 03:37:36 pm »
  • hungry..
This isn't the old ZFGC. This is a new version. ZFGC hasnt been Zelda oriented for the longest of times, and you've only just noticed?

You know that YOU can do something about this... sitting back and hoping the admins make it a better place and more Zeldary is the reason it's become like this in the first place.
  • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 03:53:25 pm »
  • Master Of Disaster
I agree with the part, that this isn't the same zfgc it was. But times change and people change and there's nothing no one can do about it. It's up to the members to make the change!

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 04:16:02 pm »
I don't have anything big against the new ZFGC, it's all fine and dandy, it's just... I don't enjoy it compared to the old ZFGC. I don't come here anymore for the sprites and the games and the fun conversation, I now come here because there are people here I still like. Nowadays I ignore the Zelda bits and everything because it's not ZFGC Zelda bits anymore... I stick with the rest, because even though they're not ZFGC, nothing else on this site is either.
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 06:01:01 pm »
  • Credits to BaB
I feel exactly in the same way and shall leave in due time.
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2006, 06:09:33 pm »
nothing ever stays the same

change is good

« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2006, 06:15:30 pm »
This place has gone to hell because of a string of weak leadership from the admins who wanted to change the focus to now.

Gilgamesh

« Reply #7 on: September 14, 2006, 06:48:10 pm »
Let's see:
- Zelda fangame related stuff has degraded a lot.
- A lot of old members (DJ, Tssf, Mamoru, Metal, Kirby etc) are gone or inactive.
- Spam and idiocy is quite abundant.

No, this isn't ZFGC anymore. It's a forum comprised of some old members, new spammers/idiots and a pathetic fangaming section.
« Reply #8 on: September 14, 2006, 07:06:35 pm »
Let's see:
- A lot of old members (DJ, Tssf, Mamoru, Metal, Kirby etc) are gone or inactive.

No, this isn't ZFGC anymore. It's a forum comprised of some old members, new spammers/idiots and a pathetic fangaming section.

How is your fangame doing?

« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2006, 08:09:03 pm »
Guys, the only thing ruining ZFGC is comments on that its going downhill. Its like a paradox. Who cares if this isnt the old ZFGC. Things end. And its never going to go back. Just have fun here with anything. I know a lot of people here and having a great time. A better time than ever. Maybe the old ZFGC had its moments. And it was nice. But it cant stay like that forever.

The spam isnt that excessive at all. I dont see the big problem. Its the people complaining about stuff like this that are the only things damaging the forum. Im not saying that you are doing that now. But we had a whole wave of topics a few months back that ZFGC was dying and exactly those wave of topics were turning this place into a hellhole.

You are free to leave any time if you dont like it. Nothing is keeping you here. If you continue to come here then obviously you enjoy it. So who cares if it isnt the old ZFGC.
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2006, 08:57:11 pm »
  • =/
Let's see:

Kirby is still here just not very active.
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2006, 09:50:23 pm »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
z3 was fun! :D
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2006, 09:51:07 pm »
yeah it was

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2006, 09:52:48 pm »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
Although I agree... I don't find this place AS fun anymore... but it's not like I feel it's unfixable.
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2006, 09:53:07 pm »
We need things like z3 to keep us together, that helped, alot.
And yeah, this isn't like ZFGC, this is more of a ZFGC2 IMO.

.TakaM was here.
so my friend stole a giant bag of ketchup out of the ketchup pumping things and brought it to our table and we took it in the bathroom and i smashed it over the sink and kicked it around the bathroom and smeared it everywhere and we all took turns kicking the ketchup out of it and when we were done it looked like an african village was murdered in the bathroom
XFD.
  • Awesome Land

Pyru

« Reply #15 on: September 14, 2006, 09:59:26 pm »
Why do we always get people saying "OMFG I PREFER THE OLD DAYS WHEN THERE WERE LIKE THREE MEMBERS AND TRM WAS AN !@#$% TO EVERYONE".

Oh, well. Take off the rose-coloured glasses and stop being so fuckin' nostalgic. Live for the now, not the past.

Nebetsu

Harbinger
« Reply #16 on: September 14, 2006, 11:07:17 pm »
Why do you think I got bored of coming here. I didn't officially "leave" and make a "I'm not coming here" topic. I just kinda forgot about it. This place isn't that interesting anymore. All I came back here for was to recruit some sprite artists and no one wants to be in my project anyways.

• Yiddish Nebbish

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2006, 11:10:06 pm »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
Barely anyone from the Early Ages of the Founding of the ezBoard ZFGC is still around, they've all left, and now I know why.

I feel the same. If something doesnt happen pretty soon even im leaving.
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2006, 11:21:53 pm »
*abcgum09 Takes a dump,AHH that feels better*

kk somethin happend.So you cant leAve.

Nebetsu

Harbinger
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2006, 11:30:09 pm »

I feel the same. If something doesnt happen pretty soon even im leaving.
I'm here from the ezBoard days. ^^ I havn't been posting much, but I've been posting.

• Yiddish Nebbish
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 78 queries.

anything