Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: I feel this isn't ZFGC anymore.  (Read 11477 times)

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
Re: I feel this isn't ZFGC anymore.
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2006, 11:48:59 pm »
  • hungry..
I'm here from the ezBoard days... and still active... shows how much i care about this place...

lol.. actually it doesnt :P
  • My Blog
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2006, 11:58:02 pm »
I've been here from the EZboard days and still active.

« Reply #22 on: September 15, 2006, 12:03:22 am »
same but close to when they left ezbords and i never posted at ezbords.started wonce they switched.
« Reply #23 on: September 15, 2006, 12:10:17 am »
  • =/
Barely anyone from the Early Ages of the Founding of the ezBoard ZFGC is still around, they've all left, and now I know why.

Unless this picks up within a month or so, I'm leaving.

I feel the same. If something doesnt happen pretty soon even im leaving.
Well.... if you leave.. I leave too. So eat that.
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2006, 12:38:57 am »
i came here after ez board,so this is home for me,but cb has a point.there arent any new good fangames and the only good sprites are from the spriters resource,not here.i wont leave,but when i went to look at the leftovers of the old zfgc,they looked better.if anybodies been to zeldafn forums,they are more humble.

id really love to see a better zfgc.

*gets idea*
what about all of us work together to gather spriters,gamemakers and make ideas to make this place better
i.e. make a banner "join the zfgc today" for your sig in other forums!

*sleeps*

Hikij

« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2006, 12:44:42 am »
Yeah, we never advertise. But then again, this is a nice, small community.
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2006, 12:53:47 am »
  • =/
 What could we advertise, though? We have the record for the most game failures!, dosen't sound too good on a banner.

We need a web-page with tonnes of crap on it (Custom music, sprites, backgrounds, models, etc), a zelda maker type program (A program to be posted only on ZFGC to help newbs make Zelda games) and a few completed projects.

« Reply #27 on: September 15, 2006, 01:06:53 am »
i was thinking of making a site for Surrender co(my company-thing),so i got an idea!we can make my site a site of sprites bgs,and other resources like that!we can name it the zelda fan games portal or something.
but ill need pros at html to do this
« Reply #28 on: September 15, 2006, 01:19:02 am »
well.. i might leave but i will help before that happens.
-Lets make a tutorial to begin new spriters(i remember one long ago) so they know how Lttp or      MC style work.

-Lets delete spam. There are obvious reasons to do this so don't ask why.

-Lets Create a Sig that says that you are helping a game. Ex.(I AM HELPING *Insert zfg name* by *Insert profesion*) or a sig saying that you are willing to help in a game.

-Honestly i haven't seen anything new made by the Admins, if they actually cared about the forum they should start to act.

-Spriter of the Month Game of the year, etc..

-Game Creation contest, lets see who  can create a mini zelda fan game in a week? :P
« Reply #29 on: September 15, 2006, 01:30:54 am »
  • =/
-Game Creation contest, lets see who  can create a mini zelda fan game in a week? :P
That reminded me of the old competition idea I had. I should post it soon... =/ Maybe when winter comes.
« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2006, 01:51:02 am »
soooo...when do we start?
btw spam deleted?no spam limited?yes(as in time spent)
« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2006, 02:07:09 am »
I agree as well. Though I can't go back as far as most of you, I'm not sure if Hal can as well. Right now we're in a tough transitional stage. Most improvements we were waiting on for our new hosting package.. I think right now we're in a bit of a slump of sorts. Maybe it would be helpful if we did some sort of 'open forum' on opinions of what could be done. I really want to assist in getting the show on the road. I can't make this like the 'old' zfgc. But we can improve it from its current state. We have had some weak leadership the past few rounds, but I hope to change that with the assistance of Hal and his group of moderators.

EDIT:

I also want to note that the orginal project-x was drafted up by kirby and myself. It was a plot/plan to expand the way ZFGC currently is by adding more than just a 'portal' to the site. A place with resources, list of fan games, and things like this. That died down, and Project-X became something Justin and I tossed around idea wise, which was a 'gaming network'. I do appologize to everyone of you guys for that project idea failing. ZFGC should not have been killed in that sense, but left alone, and untouched. Given off to someone else, so the other project could be managed. Clearly you cannot take a fan game making community and changte it into a gaming network, thats entirely impossible. GA merging with DSR was the 'best' thing we could think of, which again was another failure, however that has since been worked out by DSR administration.

Again, I am sorry how things went down, and my goal at the moment is to give back to you guys what I took away unfairly.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 02:12:41 am by Andrew »
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2006, 02:53:08 am »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
GA pwned.  And vash, I think I can help you with a similar idea!  After all, I've always wanted "the ultimate fan game" resource with info, multimedia, etc.

I'll post a little video (simply because music with words is better than simple words alone) soon.
« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2006, 03:18:10 am »
GA was good, in terms of the forum setup, but if you looked at GA from the inside (ie, where I as, where justin was... and everyone else0 there was no organization and poor management.. that would lead to a quick demise. We really had no other options. Unfortunately the DSR thing turned into a huge mess too after E3.. At the moment we've been working hard on some DSR improvements that are going to be pretty awesome, I can't wait to get them up and running.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
« Reply #34 on: September 15, 2006, 03:25:55 am »
Edit: Not significant to the topic.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2006, 03:43:30 am by Andrew »

Hyperhal

Certified DSL Owner
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2006, 04:09:02 am »
  • Rock Howard
As a member of zfgc since the says of invisionFree, I can't go back to the early times. I can't say I was a part of EzBoard. I don't KNOW what EzBoard is like, so for somebody to recreate something he has no clue about is pretty impossible. I won't lie, I really don't like this zfgc compared to the good old Summer '04 days. That was zfgc at its prime there, where people wanted to make games on a legendary forum, with a legendary game being created(OoT2D). Now that the faith in Barras has diminished to virtually nothing, there really isn't any reason to post games on this forum. I mean, come on. There are way better sites out there with a MUCH better rep than us currently. If someone were to post a pawsome game here, what are the chances of the rest of the net finding out? Its pretty slim.

ZFGC is a "Tell your friends" website. Its one of those things that you don't find while searching on the internet, but something you hear from a good friend. My best friend Al, aka rogueyoshi, told me about the #rom room on shellux before Windfyre. I found out #zfgc shortly after Vampuske, another member in #roms, told me there was a main room to it. Bam, now I'm in my first web community. It was great, it was awesome. But you know, awesome things can't last forever. N ow here we are, with this reincarnation of zfgc. I wish we could get back to the olden days, where everybody K.N.E.W. how to type proper english on the forum. I wish we could have random topics of LUE on the boards, sparked by walnut. I wish all the good old members were back, even though I'm pretty sure they don't remember me. But we can't, and thats what the entire community has to realize before we can get any better.

My personal goal for zfgc, is to build it to a respectable forum, then give it a respectable website, then give it some internet recognition. Yes, it'll be hard to do, seeing as the community has the "We wanna stay as a little group" mindset. But you know, if you want us to have better fangames, if you want us to have much more intelligent members, if you want us to actually take the time out to work on this site with all our hearts, then we need your help in assisting us. Everyday I log onto IRC, I hear some type of crap about somebody badmouthing me because I shouldn't have been admin. Yeah, I've never even BROWSED the forums that much, even back then. I was and am still a IRC man. But you've gotta understand that I WANT to help ZFGC with all my power, and that it saddens me to see members badmouthing me.

Have a little patience, we're trying to gather what we need to get this party started here. I really don't have the slightest clue as to why I wrote this long-ass rant, but I'll post it anyways. D:

When you leave ZFGC because it doesn't live up to your standards, your just making it worse. You may leave if you feel you need to, but I just want you to know that every member counts in the long run.
I guess I should start visiting this website again. ._.

LttS

« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2006, 04:16:17 am »
the only thing that has stayed the same over the years is #zfgc
GO #ZFGC  :D
« Reply #37 on: September 15, 2006, 04:33:43 am »
the only thing that has stayed the same over the years is #zfgc
GO #ZFGC  :D

I have to disagree with that. :P #ZFGC had some rough times.
~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2006, 05:10:58 am »
Indeed it has.

things change though. Change is a good thing.

This isn't the same old zfgc.

But nothing stays the same forever.

« Reply #39 on: September 15, 2006, 05:42:01 am »
I agree this ZFGC isn't so good as the old ZFGC but the old one is killed and Resurrected with some changes. Accept the changes and you still see the old ZFGC.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 78 queries.

anything