Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 35   Go Down

Author Topic: Leduardo's Custom Tiles  (Read 261033 times)

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
Re: Zelda's Custom Tiles
« Reply #260 on: January 07, 2011, 04:24:01 am »
  • Silly cat!
Pretty cool, though I agree with what Niek said about the walking animation. I'm also not too sure that that transformation animation would look so smooth, but I think you've done something really cool anyway. It also made me realise that Link was pretty much a werewolf in Twilight Princess, huh. There you go.

A werewolf, also known as a lycanthrope (from the Greek λυκάνθρωπος: λύκος, lukos, "wolf", and άνθρωπος, anthrōpos, man)

No he wasn't, link was a Wolf with Human Mind, not a Half Wolf/Half Man like Creature

Actually I knew that. I guess I got confused, because I just watched the 3rd season of True Blood, which had werewolves, except they were just a bunch of dudes who transformed into a bunch of doggies. I guess their budget didn't allow them to costume for half-man/half-wolf things. So yeah, you're right.

Of course this is all very off-topic.

Hoffy.
« Reply #261 on: January 07, 2011, 01:18:12 pm »
I'll gonna try the other animations...
« Reply #262 on: January 07, 2011, 06:41:07 pm »
Those r cool :-) ..... can't wait to see it finished
Werewolflink with animations
« Reply #263 on: January 11, 2011, 07:59:25 pm »
Here the animations I tried.

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #264 on: January 11, 2011, 10:00:22 pm »
  • .越//
you switched the versions with each other

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #265 on: January 12, 2011, 05:54:56 am »
I am missing a number of intermediate frames. Your animation starts with the right foot forward, goes over the middle and then to left foot forward. But you don't have intermediate sprites that transition from left foot forward over the middle then just before right foot forward again. You really need to study the Link walking animation.

You could say that you could just reverse the animation, but then it would look as if Link is the animation plays and reverses all the time. Remember that Link has separate sprites for standing still.
« Reply #266 on: January 14, 2011, 05:47:37 pm »
my main concern on the werewolf transforming animation is that you are transforming the bottle, what I think you should do  is right after link drinks the potion there is a frame of just link standing viewing down, then he starts transforming. I find it weird that the empty potion merge with his legs lol.
« Reply #267 on: January 14, 2011, 06:15:48 pm »
i'll do the botle breaking and after link transforming.
« Reply #268 on: January 14, 2011, 06:19:38 pm »
Which powers do you think the werewolf can have?
Give me your opinion.

I was thinking of a punch.
« Reply #269 on: January 14, 2011, 06:25:02 pm »
bite, punch , claw attack, rawr!,
« Reply #270 on: January 14, 2011, 08:19:13 pm »
Game-usage-wise, having the bottle break might be weird, seeing as bottles often are limited items in all zelda games. Of course that can easily be solved if someone using the sprites choose to have the (werewolf-potion?) as a buyable in-bottle item. Anyhoooow... And... what IS he drinking anyway? :D Well in any case, your sprites are looking lovely as ever. Keep it up!
- Viewing at the moment: Project Runway [TV-series].
- Reading at the moment: Kuragehime [manga], Uncanny X-men issues 37 - 66 [comics].
- Listening to at the moment:
- Playing at the moment: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles [GCN], FFCC: Ring of Fates [NDS].
- Let's Play in-the-making at the moment: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles [GCN]
- Studying at the moment: University course "French, Preparatory Course" for a re-examination on subcourse "Grammar and Translation" in August, University course "Basic Course in the Humanities" for a re-examination on subcourse "The Concept of Culture" in August.
« Reply #271 on: January 14, 2011, 10:14:34 pm »
this could be a special bottle, that he drink for accident; made by a witch.

or

if he buy the liquid potion, what i do with this bottle in animation. Simply disappears?
« Reply #272 on: January 15, 2011, 06:35:31 am »
I would have Link drink from the bottle and then put it away, before the transformation begins. You probably are better off sticking to the MC bottle, because this one is rather big. Or you could change it to a mask transformation or something.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 09:18:33 am by Niek »
werewolf link 3.0
« Reply #273 on: January 17, 2011, 09:53:57 pm »

Bottle animation - solved.
Werewolf animation - solved.

I was just thinking about the attacks...
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 10:11:48 pm by Leduardo »
« Reply #274 on: January 17, 2011, 10:07:06 pm »
For attacking he could us his hands like a sword he has claws ... or he can bite
« Reply #275 on: January 18, 2011, 06:12:05 am »
The transformation and the walking animation are looking great. For other stuff you can do I suggest that you do a claw slash for an attack with an exaggerated large claw. You can start the attack with one arm and for each well timed consecutive slash you could use the other arm or make an uppercut slash. I don't think a bite attack is right, because you need to be concerned with enemy sizes. You have small, medium, large and king size enemies.

For other animations, you could make a digging animations. Going into a dig cave in a cliff, digging up treasure from the ground or digging a hole next to the wall to enter a building.  And you can have a waiting animation, just like Link's blinking, when the player is not doing anything for a while. This could be Link scratching his neck, because he gets flees in this state  :P
« Reply #276 on: January 18, 2011, 07:55:25 am »
I second Nieks suggestions. Something I also thought about was that the MC animations/sprites for the Mole Mitts might come in handy as inspiration.
- Viewing at the moment: Project Runway [TV-series].
- Reading at the moment: Kuragehime [manga], Uncanny X-men issues 37 - 66 [comics].
- Listening to at the moment:
- Playing at the moment: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles [GCN], FFCC: Ring of Fates [NDS].
- Let's Play in-the-making at the moment: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles [GCN]
- Studying at the moment: University course "French, Preparatory Course" for a re-examination on subcourse "Grammar and Translation" in August, University course "Basic Course in the Humanities" for a re-examination on subcourse "The Concept of Culture" in August.
« Reply #277 on: January 19, 2011, 10:16:28 am »
I was thinking, it looks more like Anubis-Link rather than a Werewolf. Maybe it could be used as a Gerudo or Zuna-themed dungeon. Regardless of that, I think one of his abilities can double as the Mole Mitts. Also, maybe he could, like, pick up incrediably heavy stuff. You can create animations for that. His pants are too bright compared to his body. I would suggest:

1. Making furry legs instead.
2. Making his body brighter.
3. Making his pants darker.

Also, I don't get how a tunic turns into a pair of pants. I mean, they don't have a leg gap. It just goes down sort of like a dress.
« Reply #278 on: January 19, 2011, 05:11:48 pm »
well, let's go.

About the body, it is in the style minish cap, not in four swords  style. So the legs are short.

About the colors of the wolf, they will respect the colors of the wolf link in twilight princess game.

Have you ever wondered that underneath the tunic, he wears a pair of pants?
Usually the pants are brown, but to keep the reference to the tunic, I let it green. It doesnt appear in MC style (Its all green).
The color of pants are in style mc, if I darken it, I think I'll lose reference with Link's tunic.

As for skills, I agree, it must be incredibly strong. The point of breaking large stones, or simply push them.
 I'm working on other animations that Moffett1990, Niek and Eleo suggested.

Like you, I had also thought about using the werewolf link in a maze of zunas. In my case, is expected to be within a large library.
Maybe some Anubis statue can help in this theme. Thanks.
« Reply #279 on: January 19, 2011, 05:55:59 pm »
Hmm, some basic actions are always nice. It will be a rather extensive sheet. Some basic actions are:

- Walking (already done)
- Standing (could be done)
- ledge jumping
- pit falling
- drowning
- pushing
- grabbing/pulling
- Lifting (+walking)
- Throwing

Wow, if you succeed in doing that than you've got one valuable sheet. But get the things done that you want to get done.

Also, I don't get how a tunic turns into a pair of pants. I mean, they don't have a leg gap. It just goes down sort of like a dress.
How did Link's green tunic become the Zora Link's pants in MM. Don't take it that seriously. However, some reference green to Link's cap might be nice. Maybe a green stripe over the back. But that is not necessary. It is basically a pretty pretty.

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 35   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.207 seconds with 77 queries.

anything