Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: So I just bought a Wii Freeloader  (Read 1576 times)

So I just bought a Wii Freeloader
« on: April 26, 2008, 11:17:59 pm »
  • If words are scarce they are seldom spent in vain
I have a PAL Wii, and I wondered what were to happen if I, by accident, would put an NTSC update on my Wii (For example my Wii is an older one so if I were to update it with update from an NTSC version of Mario Kart Wii). Would it be fine or would it completely !@#$% up my Wii (it hasn't happened yet, but better to be safe than sorry).

Re: So I just bought a Wii Freeloader
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2008, 11:24:49 pm »
I can't imagine it would do your wii much good no, best advice is not to.
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2008, 11:36:39 pm »
I don't believe it would be well either, still I am not the only one that uses my Wii (I have two younger brothers and they are not careful with what they are doing). So I really hope, for the sake of my Wii, that it would not be that bad.

« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2008, 11:38:57 pm »
  • :'O
I think you should, I doubt it will do anything. I used to update my PSP with Japanese firmwares all the time and nothing ever happened except I had it before most other people :P
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2008, 11:41:51 pm »
I think you should, I doubt it will do anything. I used to update my PSP with Japanese firmwares all the time and nothing ever happened except I had it before most other people :P
If the firmware changes things that are reliant on hardware settings (things like voltages and such), this could cause all kinds of hell when it runs, could even result in it getting bricked. You don't know whats in the firmware update so its not a good idea to assume its something safe.
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2008, 01:29:25 pm »
I wondered about something else as well, would the freeloader work for Gamecube games as well? (I do not possess any import Gamecube games so I cannot test this)

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2008, 01:06:55 am »
I still have my Gamecube freeloader i bought from EB years ago, i never once used it.

gm112

« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2008, 04:44:01 am »
I have a PAL Wii, and I wondered what were to happen if I, by accident, would put an NTSC update on my Wii (For example my Wii is an older one so if I were to update it with update from an NTSC version of Mario Kart Wii). Would it be fine or would it completely !@#$% up my Wii (it hasn't happened yet, but better to be safe than sorry).
The sad part about your Freeloader is that Nintendo will continue patching it so you will not be able to run imported games. I heard that the latest firmware nocks out Datel's Freeloader. But, then again, I do not own one... I'm not sure how the Freeloader takes updates from Datel so maybe your purchase wasn't wasted. I have no clue, though.
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2008, 09:43:09 am »
I know, but I've only bought it for Okami ('twas that or waiting three months and I really don't want to do that). Still I don't think that the Freeloader actually updates itself, so when Nintendo patches it i'll give it to a friend o' mine who never updates  (the Freeloader not Okami)

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #9 on: April 28, 2008, 09:47:13 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
ah yes Freeloaders...

although :s they're not worth a damn on new systems... I have one for GCN from when I imported FS+ (haha bitches, I get to play Tetras Trackers), but I dont imagine I'll ever get one for the Wii :P
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2008, 07:57:41 pm »
  • Your expression has changed too
I've heard that if you instal an update from a different region it bricks your Wii, and Nintendo won't fix or replace it.
Ghoster Poster
  • I have a Twitter if you're into that kinda thing
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.065 seconds with 59 queries.

anything