Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: [Pre] Castlevania fangame  (Read 4177 times)

[Pre] Castlevania fangame
« on: June 07, 2007, 08:06:36 pm »
  • If words are scarce they are seldom spent in vain

Jerusalem 640 BC

Unknown to humans there has been a secret war between angels and demons,
a war that has just  reached its peak.

This war, between angels and demons, has been raging for the better part of a millenium,
will soon be concluded.

With the angels emerging victorious the future seems bright for the human race,
however not all is wel.

In the last days of the war, one of the great commanders of the angels, Asmodeus, was lured into a trap.

Nevertheless the mighty warrior could not be brought down  easily,
so he fought believing his comrades would arrive to help him soon.

However after five days of fighting the Seraphim was finally overwhelmed,
and subsequently left to die.

Just as Asmodeus took his final breath the devil himself appeared before him,
offering to give him a new life in return for his wings.

Asmodeus cursing god was willing to accept the offer,
the being whom he believed had forsaken him.

And so Asmodeus became the first,and most powerful, of his new kind,
he became Dracula, first of the Vampires.

500 BC

Dracula has been plaguing the lands for more then a hundred years now,
and there is only one hope left.

This hope comes in the form of a boy not even twenty summers old,
a boy who was made into a weapon against Dracula.

This boy, named Caim Rosier, was born with enormous magical powers and a thirst for vengeance,
for a week after he was born Dracula slaughtered his entire family.

Now, after many years of training, he is finally ready to destroy Dracula,
and Castlevania in the process.

This is a story that depicts the downfal of a noble man, and the difficulties deriving from one fatal decision. But in the end it is also a story of atonement. And above all, it is a story of forgiveness.

Random ideas, random ideas. Well anyway this is an idea i got while feeding my turtles. I'm not completely happy with how it turned out, but I liked the general idea. And for theose who know the actual storyline of the Castlevania games, if this game is realised I would have an idea how to implement it into the Castlevania line.

Well that was it I believe, C&C please.

Re: [Pre] Castlevania fangame
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2007, 02:34:56 pm »
Not bad for a story,but if you want to stay somewhat true to Castlevania, make him a Belmont.  You dont have to.  Not all Castlevanias had Belmonts, but if this is the beginning then the Belmonts need to be introduced in some way.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2007, 02:37:21 pm »
And you're going to make it with what?
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2007, 05:23:30 pm »
I think it's a little bit too early to decide with what i'm gonna make it, my first concerns are the design of the characters(main characters, bosses etc.), and the design of the castle itself (the game itself will most likely be like the snes games, or Symphony on the PSX). Afterwards I'll think about the program it will be made with (most likely gamemaker though, seeing as that and my commodore are the only things I know how to program with).

And theforeshadower, you're right. The Belmont clan is important for the story, but exactly how it will be implemented is a suprise. 'Sides I like the thought that the "hero" of the game is named after two Nefilim  XD.

Dascu

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2007, 12:19:32 pm »
So you're ignoring the entire Castlevania storyline and placing it in a BC timeframe, a time where there were no castles like Castlevania, where there is no Christianity, where there are no Crusades?

Are you just throwing away everything in the vampire, Dracula and Castlevania mythos? That's not a fangame anymore, my friend.
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2007, 02:05:00 pm »
Nah, i'm trying to make a prelude to the other games, so I wanted a time so far back in the past that it could be considered forgotten when Lament of Innocence starts. Also I wanted to show the origins of the castle of Castlevania (or is that already given in the mainstream games? I haven't played them al so I'm not really sure 'bout that). But you have a point with the time, maybe I should put it 'round the sixth century AD or something?

Dascu

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2007, 02:12:58 pm »
Nah, i'm trying to make a prelude to the other games, so I wanted a time so far back in the past that it could be considered forgotten when Lament of Innocence starts. Also I wanted to show the origins of the castle of Castlevania (or is that already given in the mainstream games? I haven't played them al so I'm not really sure 'bout that). But you have a point with the time, maybe I should put it 'round the sixth century AD or something?

Hmm, a prelude... Castlevania doesn't need a prelude. The Castle is Matthias' Castle, only further warped due to his dark Dracula power.

How about you set your game AFTER the current games? Ever seen Vampire Hunter D? How about a Castle in a dystopian post-apocalyptic world? I mean, what if, in the future, one of Soma's grandchildren becomes Dracula? Doesn't have to be futuristic.
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2007, 02:57:36 pm »
While i'd like to do something like that I haven't played Aria of Sorrow nor Dawn of Sorrow, so the story would most likely conflict even more with the mainstream games. So until i manage to find/buy those games it isn't really an option. And for Castlevania itself, for the mainstream games I believe you are right, but is it specifically stated in the games that it was also Matthias' castle before his ascension to Dracula? I can't remember that it has been said in the games but I admit my memory is pretty bad, so it could be.

Dascu

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2007, 04:28:37 pm »
It was Matthias/Dracula's powers that turned the castle into Castlevania. It was just an ordinary castle before that.
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2007, 07:05:52 pm »
Dunno it could very well be. But it still makes me wonder, the castle does change every time Dracula is resurrected. In one of the games (Symphony I think) it is even said that the castle is somewhat sentient.
I can only come up with tho scenarios for this phenomenon.
The first one is that the castle itself is/became a minion of Dracula as well, much like Death etc. this would mean the castle could change itself at will (within certain limits of course).
The second scenario is that the castle is actually a construct created bij Dracula from his memories, and because memories change (they blur etc.) the catle itself would change.
Either way it would mean that the castle at least originates from Matthias' old castle so I'll agree with you on that one.
Wat I want to show is actually how Matthias gained those powers to 'create' Castlevania one way or the other, and thus the origins of the red stone. 'Cause Lament only states that the red stone was said to be created as an side effect of the philosoper's stone, I can take certain freedoms with that because it is only an old, and fairly unknown, legend (the creation of the red stone I mean). Therefore it could be that they messed up two (half-forgotten) legends to create one.
I'd like to explain more 'bout wat I'd thought up for the story, but then I'd give away a large part of the ending that I thought up (which I wouldn't mind doing, but only through the means of a PM).

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2007, 11:06:49 pm »
If you continue with this, please make it Metroidvania (Symphony of the Night, Dawn of Sorrow).
« Reply #11 on: June 22, 2007, 12:02:22 pm »
I am planning to make the gameplay like Symphony, (dunno 'bout Dawn, haven't played that one yet) but I'm still not sure 'bout the graphics (though most likely somewhat like Symphony or Rondo). But before I decide on that I want to think out the story and the characters more. So this might take a while to even start spriting and programming with.

« Reply #12 on: June 22, 2007, 12:13:44 pm »
  • I put this here for the sake of that one thread
It was Matthias/Dracula's powers that turned the castle into Castlevania. It was just an ordinary castle before that.
Dascu you silly, Castlevania IS his power. You know the whole deal in SotN "This castle is a creature of chaos bla bla bla" And how in Aria of Sorrow it tells you that CHAOS is the source of Dracula's powers? :D

I </3 Sol
« Reply #13 on: June 22, 2007, 06:16:38 pm »
  • Oh.
Dascu you silly, Castlevania IS his power. You know the whole deal in SotN "This castle is a creature of chaos bla bla bla" And how in Aria of Sorrow it tells you that CHAOS is the source of Dracula's powers? :D
*Sigh*  Its a conspiracy, silly.
Hm.

Dascu

« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2007, 06:31:59 pm »
I wouldn't go down the Metroidvania route like SotN, if I were you. It's a lot more difficult to program and design.

I suggest a more classic approach like Rondo. It's a lot cooler too.
« Reply #15 on: June 23, 2007, 12:39:12 pm »
You might be right, but does Rondo play like Dracula X for the SNES? 'Cause I've managed to acquire the game, but seeing as I don't have a Turbografx-16, nor can I get any emulator to worl with it I don't have a clue as to how it plays.

« Reply #16 on: June 23, 2007, 04:28:02 pm »
  • <3 goggles
You might be right, but does Rondo play like Dracula X for the SNES? 'Cause I've managed to acquire the game, but seeing as I don't have a Turbografx-16, nor can I get any emulator to worl with it I don't have a clue as to how it plays.
RoB and Dracula X play exactly the same.  The differences where mainly cheaper enemies, lack of Maria as a secret character, and slightly worse Graphics and sound.
EDIT: The things I mentioned were what was wrong with DX. :)
« Last Edit: June 24, 2007, 02:29:16 pm by FlamingKyo »
« Reply #17 on: June 23, 2007, 05:26:07 pm »
I see, thanks for the info. And for the gameplay, well let's call it a toss up 'tween Symphony-esque, and Rondo-like for now. (Perhaps a little bit of both?)

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2007, 02:28:12 pm »
  • <3 goggles
I see, thanks for the info. And for the gameplay, well let's call it a toss up 'tween Symphony-esque, and Rondo-like for now. (Perhaps a little bit of both?)

If you do add the Rondo "Hit-up-to-suddenly-be-on" stairs--for the love of god make Down be a crouch button...I cant tell you how bad it bugs me when Im playing RoB/DX and Im on the stairs--and Im so used to ducking under Medusas in the newer Cvs--and Baam, right in the face cause I cant duck.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.263 seconds with 75 queries.