Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: The Lord of the Rings: The White Council  (Read 927 times)

The Lord of the Rings: The White Council
« on: July 18, 2006, 04:02:56 pm »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
REDWOOD CITY, Calif., July 13, 2006 ??? Electronic Arts (NASDAQ: ERTS) announced today the development of The Lord of the Rings???, The White Council???, an all-new role playing game (RPG) for the Xbox 360??? video game and entertainment system, PlayStation??3 computer entertainment system, and PC. The game, inspired by the New Line Cinema feature film trilogy that grossed more than $3 billion, will feature an original storyline derived from J.R.R. Tolkien???s The Lord of the Rings novels under an agreement with EA. The game is scheduled to ship in late 2007.
???Our extremely talented and dedicated team is committed to creating an incredible new experience for fans of The Lord of the Rings and role playing gamers,??? said Steve Gray, executive producer, The Lord of the Rings, The White Council. ???With its next generation gameplay and epic new storyline, we think The Lord of the Rings, The White Council will be a huge success.???

Players have the freedom to explore the open world of Tolkien???s Middle-earth??? in The Lord of the Rings, The White Council. Players can choose their role as a man, an elf, a dwarf, or a hobbit. Each role???s destiny is to become a hero allied with the White Council, whose members include the famed characters Gandalf, Saruman, Galadriel, and Elrond.

A combination of stunning graphics and expansive environments, along with the freedom of movement demonstrates the innovation and quality of the next-generation RPG, where players can create their own adventures.

Looks like we get the latest LOTR RPG on the PC... but not on the Wii or GCN (as originally anticipated).  It'll also be going to the XBOX360 and PS3 (lol).

Here's the site from when it was still codenamed...
http://www.ea.com/official/projectgraycompany/

And the new site is http://www.ea.com/lordoftherings/thewhitecouncil/index.jsp

But the old site has tons more media and such.

I'm so stoked... and I'm downloading the Developer Diaries right now ;p
« Last Edit: July 18, 2006, 04:06:52 pm by 2awesome4apossum »
Re: The Lord of the Rings: The White Council
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2006, 09:33:12 am »
  • odens knop
The White Council? Is that some kind of black-joke?
|LEUS HERTAN MINAT|

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2006, 09:34:35 am »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
i cant stand this "Only on Xbox360 and PS3" !@#$% so I wont be getting this. I do have a 360 but still, pisses me off.
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2006, 03:10:17 pm »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
i cant stand this "Only on Xbox360 and PS3" !@#$% so I wont be getting this. I do have a 360 but still, pisses me off.
They plan on having graphics of a modern calibur in their game.  So of course it won't be on the Wii.  Let's face it: the Wii's processing power sucks.  This is how it's gonna be with most 3rd party games.

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #4 on: July 22, 2006, 03:46:48 pm »
  • b e p i s
Good thing I plan on investing in a 360 :)

Wii comes later.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.406 seconds with 47 queries.

anything