Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Backing track?  (Read 3907 times)

Backing track?
« on: October 04, 2007, 11:53:31 am »
Is it possible to rip the song "Safri duo - Played A Live"'s bongo out of it? Like in a midi file. I'm trying to make a video with me playing the bongo's so I need the backing track (only the trance), but I can't find it anywhere.

This is the clip of the original song
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1dAmziKpXE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q1dAmziKpXE</a>
http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=q1dAmziKpXE

Thanks.
  • Virtual Security

uma

Re: Backing track?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 08:42:06 pm »
  • Ghosts can have Aliens too you know.
Ripping the notes would be easy. In any music program, get a decent bongo sample and or soundfont and play it to the same rhythm as the actual song. It might take some time, finding the beat per minute or tempo or some stuff, but its possible.

But if your talking about ripping the actual sound, then no. Without extreme quality loss, its impossible to rip a single sound from a song that has other instruments, if you want JUST the bongo sample. Or put it in a midi file. Samples can't be used in midi files, but that would take too much space to explain.
Ghosts of Aliens
Entire project progress: About 20%

My FurAffinity!
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/umathefurry/

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2007, 09:06:20 pm »
  • hungry..
Why do you want it midi?

I have the original song somewhere... no idea where it is.. ask Hawthorneluke for it, he has it.
  • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 01:30:23 pm »
Why do you want it midi?

I have the original song somewhere... no idea where it is.. ask Hawthorneluke for it, he has it.
I haven't said midi.

Ripping the notes would be easy. In any music program, get a decent bongo sample and or soundfont and play it to the same rhythm as the actual song. It might take some time, finding the beat per minute or tempo or some stuff, but its possible.

But if your talking about ripping the actual sound, then no. Without extreme quality loss, its impossible to rip a single sound from a song that has other instruments, if you want JUST the bongo sample. Or put it in a midi file. Samples can't be used in midi files, but that would take too much space to explain.
I need the backing track (so the trance pieces), not the bongo's. So like removing the bongo's only.
  • Virtual Security

uma

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2007, 04:03:44 am »
Its still impossible, unfortunetly... Well, unless you wanted to spend months or years editting every single shape that has the bongos in them.

Sounds are made up of vibrations, right? Depending on how close or far together these vibrations are makes the sound everything makes. Its how different pitches on instruments are made; For example, on a guitar, depending on how long or short the string is is how deep or high pitched a note is.

Computers don't hear sound, they read it. Sound, in a computer, basically looks like a whole bunch of squiggly lines, or shapes. Shapes make up a sound when veiwed through an Oscilloscope(Like the one in FL). Basically, all the instruments, including the bongos, are on 1 single wave form. Because of this, as far as I'm aware, computers can't remove any sound and leave just 1 specific sound playing without extreme quality loss.

I apologize if thats hard to follow... Sounds are a hard thing to explain.

So it's impossible... If it isn't, some one please correct me if I'm wrong.
Ghosts of Aliens

My FurAffinity!

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2007, 10:13:47 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Well, theres a strict difference between wave based music (mp3, wav, etc) and sequenced music (midi, mod, etc; still needs a wave based sound file to output every time a part of the sequence is hit); of course, in sequenced music you can simply remove whatever part of the sequence is calling the wave sound and telling it to play :P but it would be impossible to remove one single instrument in a full wave based sound file. It would be a whole bunch easier if you had the midi to this song, and resequenced it using high-quality wav samples without the bongos... Find a midi, I may be able to resequence it for you without the bongo

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2007, 04:03:53 pm »
  • hungry..
  • My Blog
« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2007, 06:21:54 pm »
@uma: It's not completely impossible. There is nothing we can do that a machine can't. Professional people use that sort of program to edit things in a recorded music - such as to repair a wrong note in the middle of the song or correct the voice of the singer. That's how some terrible singers get so popular <.<
Anyway, these programs do exist, though they are incredibly expensive.

@TRD: Unless you have some thousands of dollars, you'll have to remake the whole song or get it somewhere in the internet.

uma

« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2007, 09:32:26 pm »
@uma: It's not completely impossible. There is nothing we can do that a machine can't. Professional people use that sort of program to edit things in a recorded music - such as to repair a wrong note in the middle of the song or correct the voice of the singer. That's how some terrible singers get so popular <.<
Anyway, these programs do exist, though they are incredibly expensive.

@TRD: Unless you have some thousands of dollars, you'll have to remake the whole song or get it somewhere in the internet.

Machines can think now!? :o

I'm pretty sure TRD isn't willing to pay like $900 for such software. But don't pirate! You might kill the software industry! ::)
Ghosts of Aliens

My FurAffinity!
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2007, 11:20:35 pm »
I'm pretty sure TRD isn't willing to pay like $900 for such software. But don't pirate! You might kill the software industry! ::)
I think it's more like $19,000. XD
But yeah, and I'm just saying that it IS possible, I'm not telling him that he must the program. :P

And yeah, a programmer has to have in mind that "everything is possible", otherwise he'd give up on the difficult programs... <.< But I'm pretty sure that anything that all the humans can do equally (such as identify an instrument in a song) can also be done by a computer.

If you're trying to imitate emotions, however, you have to remember that they are different in each human; which means they're based on each one's experiences in lifetime - so you'd just have to put those experiences into the machine. That would be difficult to implement, but also not impossible.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2007, 08:26:42 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
uh... I have a SHITLOAD of expensive audio software on this computer and none of which have the power to properly remove an entire instrument from a wave based audio file. The ONLY way to do it is to simulate every instrument and sound that would be behind the instrument you're trying to remove by sequencing it separately, then overlaying that on top of your wave just to give it the effect of that particular instrument not being there o.0... And by the time you finish doing every little spot in the song with that particular instrument, you'd have been better off just resequencing the entire song yourself anyway o.0
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2007, 01:27:03 pm »
I haven't said midi.
Sorry, what?

Like in a midi file.
Saying "Like" doesn't mean I want a midi file >_>

Well, I'm actually just wondering how karaoke backing tracks are made. So if that's easy to, that would be also possible to Bongo's right? I saw many sites where they provide backing tracks for karaoke, or the song without a specific instrument where you can play the cover of. But none of them is the one I was looking for. So if it's too hard to rip the bongo's, is it possible to find the backing track or even the midi? (however, the most midi's I found are bad instruments).
  • Virtual Security

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2007, 02:20:42 pm »
  • hungry..
Karaoke is done during the mix down. The producers create a mixdown without the vocals. The vocals aren't illegal removed and then sold as Karaoke tracks.
  • My Blog
« Reply #13 on: October 08, 2007, 03:50:04 pm »
Karaoke is done during the mix down. The producers create a mixdown without the vocals. The vocals aren't illegal removed and then sold as Karaoke tracks.
Ah right, that means I have to find the official backing track :-X
  • Virtual Security

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2007, 05:13:55 pm »
  • hungry..
With a song like that, I doubt very much that there is one.
  • My Blog
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2007, 03:48:37 pm »
With a song like that, I doubt very much that there is one.
Well, the thing is. When you search on youtube for "safri duo played a live cover" you'll only find like one movie. And that was the one I've played live with the original song where the bongo's aren't removed.
  • Virtual Security
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.298 seconds with 69 queries.

anything