Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Haunted in the Rain  (Read 2066 times)

Haunted in the Rain
« on: August 15, 2007, 06:22:45 pm »
A horror fiction I wrote a few months ago. Not my best - I, personally, don't like it - but I've been told it's good, so I'm uploading it anyway.

Click here.
Re: Haunted in the Rain
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2007, 07:24:49 pm »
That's a good story, I liked it, but I think it's not very... well written. It could be more descriptive and have more connectors to make the text sound more articulated.

luigi

MoFD
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2007, 07:36:47 pm »
I think it's pretty good.
­200th post (09/20/07)
300th post (12/01/07)
400th post (2/11/08)
500th post (5/07/08)
600th post (7/21/08)

MK Wii: 2750 1625 1262
Brawl: 3523-1727-8440

Gamertag: cyborgwhale
  • Cyborg Whale's Twitter
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2007, 02:29:16 pm »
That's a good story, I liked it, but I think it's not very... well written. It could be more descriptive and have more connectors to make the text sound more articulated.

1) I'm awesome at descriptions, like I have been blessed with a power by a holy deity, but I'm afraid I normally can't ... incorporate them into the story very well. It always looks too forced.
2) Connectors?
3) Articulated?
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2007, 06:05:15 pm »
When I said connectors I meant conjunctions... sorry if I didn't explain it very well.

I meant that, the sentences of the text are too numerous and short. For instance, when you wrote: "I dropped it in the mud. I picked it up again, pulled out a match, and lit it. The wind blew it out before I could light the candle. I cursed silently and felt around in the mud for the matchbox again. I pulled out one more match and lit the candle."

You could've written: "But I dropped it in the mud. I picked it up again, pulled out a match, and lit it, but the wind blew it out before I could light the candle. I cursed silently and felt around in the mud for the matchbox again. Then I pulled out one more match and finnally lit the candle."
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2007, 09:38:59 pm »
When I said connectors I meant conjunctions... sorry if I didn't explain it very well.

I meant that, the sentences of the text are too numerous and short. For instance, when you wrote: "I dropped it in the mud. I picked it up again, pulled out a match, and lit it. The wind blew it out before I could light the candle. I cursed silently and felt around in the mud for the matchbox again. I pulled out one more match and lit the candle."

You could've written: "But I dropped it in the mud. I picked it up again, pulled out a match, and lit it, but the wind blew it out before I could light the candle. I cursed silently and felt around in the mud for the matchbox again. Then I pulled out one more match and finnally lit the candle."
The buts are redundant...But you're right...needs more conjunctions...They way you wrote your story,Soapie,seems..
tacky...
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2007, 12:27:33 pm »
Thanks for the criticism, I will be sure to remember this next time I write something :). Like I said, I didn't like this story too much. I'll put more effort into the next!
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2007, 01:40:50 pm »
Whow! That was a very exciting story!

If you could make a movie of this, it would be really scary 8)

And also, you have to write stories for manga's. Deku_stick's manga's has bad stories about samurai's which ain't serious enough, and I believe you could write some adventurish-stories for his manga's.
  • Virtual Security
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2007, 09:53:19 pm »
D: All my good is the I don't like. Dammit, why is my gift such a curse? WRYYYYYYYYYYYY
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 55 queries.