Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPhone and iPod touch hecking.  (Read 1721 times)

iPhone and iPod touch hecking.
« on: April 13, 2008, 02:32:04 pm »
I bought myself an iPod touch a while back. Awesome device. Two hundred quid is a bit of an overcharge, but yeah. Seriously, though, you think it's just an iPod? Wrong. With a little tool called ZiPhone, one can "jailbreak" the iPod touch or iPhone and run 3rd party software on it. Yes, it's awesome.

I already have a VNC client, FTP server, SSH server, and WiFi packet sniffer installed.

And now somebody happens to have leaked the iPhone and iPod touch firmware version 2.0. The latest is 1.1.4, btw. There's a torrent [Removed By Infinitus] :D. To install, go into iTunes, go on your iPod or iPhone, hold the Control key and hit Restore. That'll let you restore from a file of your choice. Choose the 2.0 beta and you can install it!

I'm looking into dual booting so I don't lose my 1.1.4 software. If anybody tries 2.0, tell me how it goes.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2008, 03:17:57 pm by Infinitus »
Re: iPhone and iPod touch hecking.
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2008, 02:36:07 pm »
  • (y)(;>.<;)(y)
And with a little software I can heck my iPod Video and play third party software on it via Rockbox or iPod linux and a boot-loader.

What's your point?
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2008, 02:50:09 pm »
This one has a touch screen :D ...? And built-in WiFi? And Bluetooth and EDGE if you have an iPhone?
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2008, 02:50:31 pm »
And with a little bit of tinkering with my Ipod Nano  I can...oh wait no I cant. Nevermind.
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2008, 03:18:24 pm »
I'm not sure on the legality of posting leaked firmware, so for the moment I've removed the link.
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2008, 03:42:38 pm »
Oh, right, sorry 'bout that. Although I imagine anybody who knows their internets will find it quickly enough.
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2008, 04:48:53 pm »
There is a leaked 2.0 firmware available indeed. But to use this you'll first have to "pwn" your iPod using Pwnage for mac or winpwn for windows. Though winpwn isn't released yet. The problem is, that using this tool incorrectly you can brick your iPod/iPhone which can never happen when your jailbreaking..
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2008, 04:58:25 pm »
Mm. I have to wait till winpwn is out, since I don't have a Mac. Well, I do, but it's pretty suckish. 400Mhz Power-PC architecture iMac running Mac OS X 10.3.
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2008, 05:42:18 pm »
Well, the developer says it will be released any day now.. For more information look at winpwn.com or visit the ipodtouchfans.com forums. A lot of information about iPod hecking/jailbreaking available there..

I will stay with my jailbroken 1.1.4, because the installer apps won't work (yet) on the 2.0 firmware and I'm scared to mess up my iPod XD..
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2008, 06:41:30 pm »
Well, the developer says it will be released any day now.. For more information look at winpwn.com or visit the ipodtouchfans.com forums. A lot of information about iPod hecking/jailbreaking available there..

I will stay with my jailbroken 1.1.4, because the installer apps won't work (yet) on the 2.0 firmware and I'm scared to mess up my iPod XD..

I'm a member of ipodtouchfans.com for a while now. My username is EightGigabytesOfWin. Anyway, yeah, I'm also a bit scared about that. I almost bricked it when I tried to jailbreak an already jailbroken device. It couldn't overwrite the files so it spazzed up and showed up an error and I couldn't turn it off or cancel or anything D:

But I managed to fix and restore it ... somehow. I don't remember how O_o

Anyway, weren't there screenshots of a jailbroken 2.0 circulating? I thought the dev team cracked it already. Whatever.

-Eight Gigs

gm112

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2008, 06:43:55 pm »
I'm fine with my PSP, thanks. I'm not too fund of iPhones or anything of the i<X> brand. I've went through 2 iPods over the past month with them breaking on me due to my headphones applying pressure on them while being in my pocket. !@#$%, I put it in for not even a minute just to get on the bus, I pull it out and I see a broken LCD. My fuckin luck.
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2008, 06:47:14 pm »
I'm fine with my PSP, thanks. I'm not too fund of iPhones or anything of the i<X> brand. I've went through 2 iPods over the past month with them breaking on me due to my headphones applying pressure on them while being in my pocket. !@#$%, I put it in for not even a minute just to get on the bus, I pull it out and I see a broken LCD. My fuckin luck.

The iPod touch is really, really durable. I mean, seriously. It's almost impossible to scratch the screen, as proven by this kind of video.

gm112

« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2008, 06:50:18 pm »

The iPod touch is really, really durable. I mean, seriously. It's almost impossible to scratch the screen, as proven by this kind of video.
Holy crap! If the iPhone's price wasn't so high, I'd probably get one >_<. I'm in need of an alternative video/music player that can go on the internet with holding more than 4 gigs at a time. I don't have the money for an 8 gig memory stick D=.
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2008, 07:00:06 pm »
You could get an iPod touch then. The iPhone has a phone and Bluetooth, and that's all the more it has.

ali

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2008, 10:42:37 pm »
I has 370$ saved up I am gonna get an iPhone :D, I just need someone to pay for my service >_> which means I need B's and higher in my classes and at least 2 A's. !@#$%!!!!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.072 seconds with 66 queries.