Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: Greatest...Anime...Ever  (Read 7595 times)

Re: Greatest...Anime...Ever
« Reply #60 on: April 10, 2008, 07:38:46 pm »
Neon Genesis Evangelion isn't stereotypical, overrated, or that I hate emo kids.

It's just terrible.

How is it terrible. You made a statement without backing it up with any facts. It's an unsupported opinion. I want to know: why do you think it's terrible?
This is why it's terrible:
I'm surprised and disappointed that there hasn't been so much as a whisper of Neon Genesis Evangelion in this topic. I know that the majority of you are going to say that it's stereotypical, overrated, or that you hate "emo" kids, but I honestly love the show. If you watch it from beginning to end and are smarter than the average anime fan, you can see beyond the typical anime conventions and delve into a deeper work that remains true to its interesting characters and philosophies. People who don't like this show most likely only accept it superficially and fail to look into what's really going on between the lines. It's an extremely deep work that deals with several important, relevant themes as well as exploring thought-provoking ideas. But if all you see is emo kids piloting giant robots, then I suppose there's no hope of convincing you otherwise.
  • Google Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 10, 2008, 08:46:21 pm »
  • I put this here for the sake of that one thread
Basically, it's an action anime with giant robots that's trying to be deep just to hide its shallow concept behind a veil of mystique and philosophy? Lol boring
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 05:14:50 pm by Easy_D »

I </3 Sol

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #62 on: April 10, 2008, 08:55:35 pm »
Basically, it's an action anime with giant robots that's trying to be deep just to hide it's shallow concept behind a veil of mystique and philosophy? Lol boring

That, and also the fanboys.
« Reply #63 on: April 10, 2008, 08:57:35 pm »
Basically, it's an action anime with giant robots that's trying to be deep just to hide it's shallow concept behind a veil of mystique and philosophy? Lol boring

At least the fanboys are entertaining!
  • Google Profile

ali

« Reply #64 on: April 11, 2008, 05:43:43 am »

A challenger appears.

Also, 95% of all anime sucks.

Like the one you posted.
I seriously love you

This topic not being about TTGL makes me sad.

GURREN LAGANN!  SPIN ON!  ORE WO DARE DA TO OMOTTE?

Yeah that one is good too
« Last Edit: April 11, 2008, 05:47:02 am by ali »
« Reply #65 on: April 14, 2008, 12:51:50 am »
Basically, it's an action anime with giant robots that's trying to be deep just to hide its shallow concept behind a veil of mystique and philosophy? Lol boring

Shallow? The themes present in Evangelion are far from shallow. The characters are far from shallow. The entire show is an argument for Human Instrumentality, expressing through its wacky "veil of mystique and philosophy" as well as the relations of its characters how one could believe that Instrumentality is the answer to our problems, expressing the importance and pain of the bonds we make between ourselves and those we love, expressing our paradoxical need for human contact and suffering caused by it. But perhaps, unless you can empathize with the characters, I suppose one would have difficulty understanding the fact that the themes and concept of Evangelion are much more than they seem to be on the surface.

Is Evangelion perfect? God no. Although I enjoy the nice twists it adds to some classic Anime conventions (the Evangelions in relation to mechs--because they definitely are not mechs), I despise some of the anime cliches that occur throughout the series. I can do without the dry anime attempts at humor, the "fan service," and the over-the-top sequences that occasionally occur between the characters. But despite all this, I still believe Evangelion is the best anime I've ever seen. Because although it's full of anime conventions, there's enough substance to this series to make it a work of art.

This I agree with.

It would be a never-ending cycle really, but why do that to John?  He's godlike among the average member here. You know this. Save the exploits for the less intelligent members, (god knows they make up the majority here anyway).  They set themselves up to have their comments taken out of context much easier, so why not?

This made my day, Domo. Glad to see there's at least one person who respects me among here. You and Knivu are at the top of my intelligent ZFGC members list.

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest
« Reply #66 on: April 14, 2008, 01:23:43 am »
  • When you express in one word, “the anus”
sup
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0N3L-pcGdc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0N3L-pcGdc</a>

ali

« Reply #67 on: April 14, 2008, 01:42:54 am »
sup
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0N3L-pcGdc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0N3L-pcGdc</a>
Outlaw Star was okay
« Reply #68 on: April 14, 2008, 02:02:28 am »
  • When you express in one word, “the anus”
Outlaw star ruined your !@#$% via the TV it was so awesome.

Swoftu

Super Fighting Robot
« Reply #69 on: April 14, 2008, 02:33:47 am »
Shallow? The themes present in Evangelion are far from shallow. The characters are far from shallow. The entire show is an argument for Human Instrumentality, expressing through its wacky "veil of mystique and philosophy" as well as the relations of its characters how one could believe that Instrumentality is the answer to our problems, expressing the importance and pain of the bonds we make between ourselves and those we love, expressing our paradoxical need for human contact and suffering caused by it. But perhaps, unless you can empathize with the characters, I suppose one would have difficulty understanding the fact that the themes and concept of Evangelion are much more than they seem to be on the surface.

Summary: emokids. Seriously, that isn't a complicated theme at all. If you've taken a basic psycology course you'd know that (or if you have common sense). Here's a great quote that I dug up on google about it:

Neon Genesis Evangelion starts as a sub-par giant robot show. About halfway through the show, all characterization gets abandoned in favor of shallow angst and pseudo-philosophical claptrap. Then it just...stops.

This show is *boring*. I like shows that ask me to think. I like shows where the characters learn, grow, and change. This show does neither. I do not have to think, because the show has its own philosophy and leaves no room for other points of view. The characters never change, they just stumble and whine their way through each crisis and go back to the way they were once the crisis is over. I just can not care about a story with conclusions that are forced on me and characters who never learn and develop. For me, watching this show is like eating cotton candy. It looks substantial but when I bite into it, it just melts away into nothing.

It would be a never-ending cycle really, but why do that to John?  He's godlike among the average member here. You know this. Save the exploits for the less intelligent members, (god knows they make up the majority here anyway).  They set themselves up to have their comments taken out of context much easier, so why not?
This made my day, Domo. Glad to see there's at least one person who respects me among here. You and Knivu are at the top of my intelligent ZFGC members list.

So I guess arguments are decided by who posts them and not by their actual merits?

!@#$% this stupid elitism.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2008, 02:35:54 am by Swiftu »
« Reply #70 on: April 14, 2008, 03:33:47 am »

So I guess arguments are decided by who posts them and not by their actual merits?

!@#$% this stupid elitism.
"Prestige" posters only, bro.
  • Google Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 14, 2008, 05:01:52 am »
  • I put this here for the sake of that one thread
You, know I'd post a pretty long rant about shitty animes and fanboys and people being god like and what not but I'm just too tired to care. Don't feel like adding more to the clusterfuck that is this topic anymore :(.

I </3 Sol

ali

« Reply #72 on: April 14, 2008, 05:03:23 am »
Locked cus Easy_D thinks this is clusterfuck, whatever that is
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 64 queries.