Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: <DEFEATED> The Nevermind *UPDATED AGAIN! - New art, abilities, character*  (Read 4603 times)

<DEFEATED> The Nevermind *UPDATED AGAIN! - New a...
« on: July 12, 2007, 11:12:13 am »
  • Never try, never fly
NEW ART at the end of this post, abilities among the others
Greetings! This is my contribution for this contest; I was quite unaware of the other characters entered, so he might be a little different than them all, but anyway... Here he is.
The Nevermind
Description / background:
The year is 2035. A crazy man named Lord Everett Evermind has the world in a tight grip. Everyone knows about him, everyone hates him, but due to his power, no one has the guts to face him. But the reason he's hated is currently just because of his obsession of flamingos, which has recently covered the entire world. Oh, the horror!
What the people don't know, however, is that he's planning something more horrible than that...

Richard Ryans lives an unhappy life; he has no family or friends, and his boss keeps bombing him with deadlines at work. What should a 30-year-old red-haired man do? Getting hit by a car isn't the most obvious solution, but that's what happens anyway, whether he wants it or not.

Ryans hates to leave work unfinished, and that's what he'd do if he stayed dead the time he died. Devon mcDevil lets him return to earth to complete this task, on one condition; he has to kill himself directly thereafter, or else terrible things will happen. Ryans returns, finishes his work but ignores the deal. He's going to get to hell anyway, so why would he be in a hurry? Devon mcDevil is truly pissed; he can't let such a thing leave a spot in his protocol. He decides to keep sending curses to Ryans from hell, wishing that they will kill him, or at least torture him enough for him to commit suicide.

This would've worked, if the gates of hell weren't placed next to a radio station. The curse waves get corrupted and transmitted wrong, giving Ryans all kinds of mystical and odd abilities. Using these abilities, the ex-worthless half-old peep decides to fight Lord Evermind under the secret identity of... "The Nevermind".

List of 13 of The Nevermind's super abilities (Devon mcDevil keeps casting those curses, which means that they practically never end):

¤ He can fire spider-webs out of his ears; never one ear at a time, however.

¤ Whenever he falls asleep, he turns into a dragon. When he wakes up, however, he turns back. He doesn't know about this ability; only his roommate, Josh mcIntyre, knows it. He keeps The Nevermind's alternate identity a secret, and also becomes Ryans' first pal. Whoa!

¤ If water reaches his feet or hands, a raging rhino comes running from the closest phone booth. Because of this, he wears gloves and boots made out of rubber to keep him and his surroundings safe.

¤ Whenever he gets body contact with a woman, he falls back in time ten minutes. This curse actually turned out kind of evil; good work, Devon!

¤ If he is hit by a snowball or a water balloon, gravity lets him down and he levitates away like a helium balloon. It stops after a few minutes. He keeps a water balloon in a bag, which he always carries with him, just in case he gets stuck in a pit or something.

¤ He can nearly completely delete friction from his body; while it grants him infinite slippery, he can't do anything while in this "mode". On the other hands, he can't be picked up, shot, squished, sliced, blown up or anything like that. This story isn't completely scientifically correct, so spare me such comments.

¤ If a tree falls in the woods and nobody's there to hear it, he will. That is, when someone speaks to himself, that one might also speak to The Nevermind.

¤ If he picks his nose, his pre-school teacher will appear in some way. The odd thing is, she is not surprised that she got there; she's always there for a reason, and thereby not teleported there.

¤ By running and tripping, gravity will once again let The Nevermind down as he starts to fall east instead of down. That is, horizontally instead of vertically. This could be useful if he wants to hunt criminals quickly, but thinking that he is not flying, but falling, the landing can be quite painful. Youch. Therefore, he sometimes carries a parachute in a backsack with him.

¤ He can move his centre of gravity as he likes. This means that if he falls out from something, all he has to do to get up is to lay his finger on the edge, move his centre of gravity to it and easily throw himself up, because his body weighs so little. Also, he can become hard to push to the floor by moving it to the bottom of his feet. Or easy to push to the floor, if he wants to.

¤ If The Nevermind dies... Oh my gosh, big spoiler alert.

¤ By laying down on the floor with his arms and legs straight out (making him look like a cross), the floor will crumble apart if it's mostly made by wood. Touching.

¤ By pushing his Adam's apple in, he can change his voice to the one of another person. The bad thing is, he can only imitate women.

How does he find out about all of these abilities, then? Some of them has got to be hard to find out about. Tricia Float, a young professor studying the mysterious waves coming from somewhere near the radio station, has written down every ability The Nevermind has. She sometimes co-operates with him, but never shares the whole list.

And what about the goldfish, you might ask? That goldfish has ended up in the same situation as Ryans; fleeing from mcDevil, bombed with curses. Ryans wins the fish, Gooplet, at an amusement park, and soon finds out about one of her abilities; to talk every time someone asks her a question. They become close friends on the quest to secretly finish Lord Evermind off... and possibly, to try to not make it feel like a job doing it.

But the flamingoes are watching them...
//End of description

I know there's a lot to read, but yeah... Right.

Update: I don't know if people is all up-and-go at all about The Nevermind, but in any case, I've made a support banner. Just to have one. Ya.

Code: [Select]
[url=http://www.zfgc.com/index.php?topic=18725.0][IMG]http://img489.imageshack.us/img489/8918/nevermindjo9.png[/img][/url]
« Last Edit: August 07, 2007, 07:02:36 am by NeoGeo-x »
  • My DeviantArt
Re: The Nevermind
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2007, 12:45:53 am »
  • puck you
Oh man, this has to be the most creative character (in ability-wise) I've seen so far.
:D
My good sir, in the immortal words of the late Mr. Wrong: STFU.
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2007, 05:35:20 am »
Nice character! Good quality. But the story is way too long. :P

Looks like I'm going up against you in a while for the elimination rounds. Good luck, in advance.
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2007, 01:42:46 pm »
  • Never try, never fly
Looks like I'm going up against you in a while for the elimination rounds. Good luck, in advance.
Good luck to you, too, and may the best man win. :)

Alchemist: Thanks, fellah!
  • My DeviantArt

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
Re: The Nevermind *Updated - banner*
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2007, 04:13:20 am »
  • Silly cat!
I like him. He's drawn well (you have a cool art style) and he's story is pretty interesting too. Definitely a creative character. He's got my vote.

Hoffy.
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2007, 08:06:32 pm »
  • Never try, never fly
I like him. He's drawn well (you have a cool art style) and he's story is pretty interesting too. Definitely a creative character. He's got my vote.

Thanks a bundle! I keep wondering if people really like my art style, so yeah, your comment hit the spot. :P
  • My DeviantArt
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2007, 08:25:12 pm »
  • Issac_Amisov
Good luck, but I still hope retarded cheesy wins :P

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2007, 11:55:38 pm »
  • hungry..
Decided that I'm going to vote for this guy all the way because he's cool, random and funny but not "lol he raps bois!" like most of the characters around.
  • My Blog
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2007, 02:37:02 pm »
  • Never try, never fly
Decided that I'm going to vote for this guy all the way because he's cool, random and funny but not "lol he raps bois!" like most of the characters around.
That was my intention; to keep him relatively realistic, but still make him odd and random at the same time. This is the result. :P
Thanks a lot!

Isaac: By all means, do so. Sticking to a solid opinion no matter what people say is definitely respect-worthy. :P
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 07:04:29 pm by Corniune »
  • My DeviantArt
« Reply #9 on: July 16, 2007, 12:58:44 pm »
The movie of I, Robot took place during the year 2035. Will we find out that secretly the Nevermind defeated the robots :O ?
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2007, 08:12:31 pm »
  • Issac_Amisov
I'm still hoping retarded cheesy will win lol.
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2007, 07:25:14 am »
  • <3
I didn't read the whole story, but what i read of it made me laugh. Good character XD
I'm not on ZFGC a lot anymore, but I'm on the IRC channel.
Online Multiplayer Uno Card Game!

Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
  • My Website
« Reply #12 on: July 20, 2007, 02:23:17 pm »
  • Never try, never fly
Thanks, and thanks for voting, as well. :D
  • My DeviantArt
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2007, 08:54:57 pm »
  • Issac_Amisov
Nice character! Good quality. But the story is way too long. :P

Congratz on losing jordan.

Congratz on winning Cornuine :D
Re: The Nevermind *UPDATED AGAIN! - New art, abi...
« Reply #14 on: August 02, 2007, 09:06:31 am »
  • Never try, never fly
Ya, thanks. And thanks to those who voted, as well!

I'm thinking about adding pictures of different characters than just Ryans, but my computer is pretty anti-Flash right now, and I really don't want to make stuff in Paint instead. ::)
So, whenever...

EDIT: I've updated the first post. Checky-checky. :D
  • My DeviantArt

Dayjo

shut the fuck up donny.
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2007, 01:20:03 pm »
  • hungry..
Congrats on winning the Flood Division! You deserved it!
  • My Blog
« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2007, 02:14:07 pm »
  • Never try, never fly
Thanks, fellah! Yeah, I'm glad to have made it this far. Thrilling stuff, this competition is. At first I didn't really care, then I got a little too carried away, perhaps. :P
I've made it further than I'd ever expect, and if I can make it further even, that'd be cool. :D

Thanks for the support, people!
  • My DeviantArt
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2007, 02:16:11 pm »
If I beat Hane then I will have to face you. :( You will win.

If I lose to Hane then Hane will have to face you. You will win.

Although I want Fissure to beat Mr. Tommy Wrongkudan, I think Mr. Tommy Wrongkudan will win the whole competition.
« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2007, 02:24:04 pm »
  • Never try, never fly
We'd be pretty even, I'm sure. :)
Time will tell. Chopik is cool and original, Hane is cool and original. Either way, a worthy character will reach the final destination. I bet we'll all get our noses blown by Fissure / Wrongkudan. XD
  • My DeviantArt
« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2007, 02:46:13 pm »
Definitely. The Left Side of the Brackets is way harder. Especially Inferno Division. Yikes.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.084 seconds with 79 queries.

anything