Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Neat Animation  (Read 1467 times)

Neat Animation
« on: November 15, 2007, 07:36:42 pm »
Hi All! This is an animation that I've been working on for a few days. It's very WIP so any comments/crits would be appreciated. Ideally, it'll be used for my secret fan game. *Whoops* the cat's out of the bag now  XD

There's music, so make sure that your speakers are on. (I'm not sure if the volume is very well normalised, so you may need to turn your volume up or down depending on your computer.)

It's written in Blitz3D btw. Hope you like it!
Re: Neat Animation
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2007, 07:54:47 pm »
  • Master Of Disaster
Whoa, that's pretty cool! Great work!

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2007, 08:16:54 pm »
Thanks! I had the idea when listening to the wind waker soundtrack on TheHylia, and noticed that the music for when T**** becomes Z**** (ww spolers covered up  ;) in case there's actually anyone on this website who hasn't played the game lol) is VERY similar to the opening intro for ALttP, except of higher audio quality of course.

The hardest part was getting the damn glows to work properly! Without them, it just looks like 3 yellow chunks hitting each other!

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2007, 10:46:15 pm »
that is pretty good:O

nice work!

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2007, 11:37:10 pm »
That was pretty darn awesome.  XD
Hm... I should probably put something here...
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2007, 11:37:57 pm »
Not bad.  Not bad at all.  The only thing that I had even a slight problem with is he length of the glow after it is all put together.

Great Job!

under the alias DarkLink6235
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 12:45:16 am »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese
nice, but unfortunately, i don't like the glow at all. sorry...
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2007, 08:12:56 am »
Not bad.  Not bad at all.  The only thing that I had even a slight problem with is he length of the glow after it is all put together.

Yes, I wasn't really sure what to do about that - it seems like there's quite a long period of time in which nothing is happening, but it worked out that way since I wanted the animation to be choreographed with the music. Perhaps I could make the glows pulsate/flicker slightly so that it doesn't appear quite so static at this stage. Any thoughts or other suggestions for improvement?

nice, but unfortunately, i don't like the glow at all. sorry...

Not a problem - we all different personal tastes! However, perhaps you could elaborate? If you could explain why you don't like the glows, perhaps I could improve it.
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2007, 11:02:46 am »

Yes, I wasn't really sure what to do about that - it seems like there's quite a long period of time in which nothing is happening, but it worked out that way since I wanted the animation to be choreographed with the music. Perhaps I could make the glows pulsate/flicker slightly so that it doesn't appear quite so static at this stage. Any thoughts or other suggestions for improvement?
I would probably make it get brighter the longer it goes (during the pause).  I'd also make it so it got brighter, faster in the last few seconds.  Just my opinion of course.

under the alias DarkLink6235
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.073 seconds with 53 queries.