Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Halo 3 movie: Arms Race  (Read 1008 times)

Z-U

Halo 3 movie: Arms Race
« on: October 04, 2007, 06:54:18 pm »
I'm sure you have all heard one way or another about a Halo movie. Yes we all hear about the Zelda movie or a metroid movie, but, like the (insert noun here) Microsoft is, they got a head start before nintendo did. Not that I'm bagging on anything anyway ;3. However none the less it looks really really badass. I made this post to let you guys view what they have done so far. I'm only going to include the 3rd part of it being that I get many complaints that the first two are sucky. I have linked this to a few people but I think it's time now that I let all of ZFGC's community see it, rather than the IRC's #zfgc and #snoopy lol. Anyways, go ahead and take a look, feel free to post comments on what you think could've been better >_>;.

Overall from what I've seen I give it a good 4.8 out of 5.
The good parts where making everything in the surroundings look realistic. Brutes look way more violent in this than the game. The marines look actually USEFULL in this, I don't understand why my driver can't go that fast, but they still act like they don't know what they're doing at points LOL. Banshees and other vehicles where put to reality and were made the way halo should've been, not just a 10mph car that carries nothing more than 1 person, a gunner, and a driver. The ending of this clip was very well done. Acting could've been a tad better, but cmon, it's not like you get to fight huge angry monkeys everyday using a sniper that looks like a plastic Nerf gun.. camera was very well thought of. At points it was from a marine's view and at others it was from 3rd person. Sometimes shaky and sometimes makes you 'wtf', but other than that It's a kick ass clip. This was one of the most impressive movies I've ever seen made from a game.

Here is the Link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yEYRIRupMng
..::Z-U::..

<Jesus> [17:17]   <alex>   Hamlin: how's your quest for puberty going

Z-U

Re: Halo 3 movie: Arms Race
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 03:16:49 am »
Thanks to Limey who moved the topic :D!

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 10:18:33 pm »
  • :D
Thanks to Limey who moved the topic :D!

No problem :)

(From now on, instead of posting again, you should just edit your other post using the MODIFY button :D)

On Topic:  I loved the video;  Saw it a few weeks ago, and I love it.  To be honest it doesn't really remind me of halo while watching it, other than the warthog, but it's still awesome.  Some great action in there, and some serious style.
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2007, 06:06:08 am »
I like and also don't like the video. I like it because it's the perfect advertising tool; it presents a lot of the new elements of Halo 3 in an entertaining format. I like the action and realistic setting. I love the props and costumes; I was very impressed by the visuals. I felt the camera and editing work could have been a bit better, but I suppose they were going for the nitty-gritty feel.

Anyway, apparently Weta Workshop worked on these movies, doing most of the props and such, including the creation of a fully functional Warthog. I suppose that explains why that aspect of the film is so excellent.

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2007, 09:22:11 am »
Wow... this is awesome! they could make a full movie!
« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2007, 09:25:12 am »
If this is what the Halo movie would of been like, then I'd of watched it. Shame the movie isn't being made :(
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2007, 09:32:10 am »
If this is what the Halo movie would of been like, then I'd of watched it. Shame the movie isn't being made :(
It still can happen!
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2007, 09:34:45 am »
It still can happen!

Well the film died the end of last year, and nothings been done since then. So I don't see it ever happening.

(btw; Source: http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=38084)

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2007, 09:45:41 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
meh I dont know who would really, and truely WANT a Halo movie anyway; not because I'm bashing halo or anything, but because movies based off games ALWAYS fail, and they leave a black spot on the franchises that just does not go away... Those who wholeheartedly want a Halo movie are really just kinda fooling themselves into thinking that it wouldnt be a complete and total bomb like every other video game movie out there o.0

<_< I know that comes off kinda blunt but its the truth
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 09:49:44 am by Mamoruanime »
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2007, 09:55:49 am »
meh I dont know who would really, and truely WANT a Halo movie anyway; not because I'm bashing halo or anything, but because movies based off games ALWAYS fail, and they leave a black spot on the franchises that just does not go away... Those who wholeheartedly want a Halo movie are really just kinda fooling themselves into thinking that it wouldnt be a complete and total bomb like every other video game movie out there o.0

<_< I know that comes off kinda blunt but its the truth

My mates really want the movie, heck they even tried making me believe that that Arms Race video was the the movie. They just cant seem to accept, the Halo Movie would fail horribly. I guess now that its dead they might believe me.

Z-U

« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2007, 12:11:11 pm »
Personally, I think it 'could' make a great movie, but they would have to stick strictly to the storyline nad could not change anything. That's what happens in most cases. overall I think they 'had' the wits to do it, they just didn't put it to full throtle :(

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2007, 03:57:48 am »
I believe that if a video game movie was produced with the right production team (good director, screenwriter producers, etc.) and a good budget, it could be a damn good movie. I'm not talking about Uwe Boll crap, I'm talking about a real production team.

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2007, 09:18:40 am »
I believe that if a video game movie was produced with the right production team (good director, screenwriter producers, etc.) and a good budget, it could be a damn good movie. I'm not talking about Uwe Boll crap, I'm talking about a real production team.

I just saw some clips of the Far Cry movie... :'( I wanna slaughter the !@#$% :(
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 63 queries.