Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: [Solved] 4 Giants+a little bit of other MM sprites  (Read 14576 times)

[Solved] 4 Giants+a little bit of other MM sprit...
« on: April 30, 2010, 09:11:48 pm »
I would like/need the 4 giants from MM sprites please. No one has made them and they are needed.

Also is there any ikana canyon sprites like garo, the little girl and dad,the zombies, the bosses from the castle and tower, and the ghost from the cave?
« Last Edit: September 05, 2011, 11:45:50 pm by Xiphirx »
Re: Request 4 Giants+a little bit of other MM sp...
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2010, 10:33:11 pm »
  • You heard of the thing from the place with stuff?
You didn't say what style.
Sorry, I can't think of a more interesting sig. > .>
« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2010, 11:07:19 pm »
For zeemo it doesn't matter, because he won't be using it in a game. He just wants to add it to his collection.
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2010, 12:45:51 am »
Kind of a big request too,

But yeah, I haven't seen anyone make the Four Giants yet.
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 01:26:06 am »
That would be a huge job..

I may attempt them one day in the future, but definitely not interested in doing them as of now. Plus you'd really need all 4 directions, as well as walking animations.

If I ever implimented them into a 2d Majora's Mask, I'd make them a background element, much like the top of the pyramid in ALttP.

And then maybe have a full-sized front view sprite for each time you beat a dungeon.. hmm..
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2010, 01:28:51 am »
You mean like thier appearance in SSBM in the background of the great bay temple? I'm not sure if whether he wants ALttP style or not though.
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2010, 05:08:32 pm »
 ;) ok ok I asked for them for 3 reasons:.  1st for my collection like liek said, 2nd for any mm2d cause there is like 3 out there, and 3rd and most important I am making a game that is a mix between oot and mm and a custom game (btw I have made a world map for my game but ineed to post it) but the world is very huge and like 20 dungeons but I might post it t zfgc

Dark-Hylian

Silence
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2010, 05:11:29 pm »
Umm, I'm planning on spriting MM2d in MC style, but it would be just about completely customl, and until I'm done most likely un-collectable. However, I agree with Niek. I would probably do the giants as a background thing, like the moon. And, since all of my Temp files have been wiped, losing about 90% of my progress on my z3 demo for my game, I'll probably be spriting a bunch until I can recover them.
  • Dawning Hour
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2010, 05:15:11 pm »
Ok and btw I still collected the sprites you made because I collect sprites even if icant use them

Ethelon

Awesome Resized Avys
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2010, 05:26:22 pm »
Hm, I'd suggest you not attempt a mix between oot and mm with 20 dungeons. That'll take longer than OoT2D AND MM2D. Between them, there are like 15 dungeons including final boss "dungeons." Making something even bigger... a bit ambitious.

Xfixium: "Leader"/Lead Programmer/Lead Spriter,  Cypras: Programmer, Ethelon: Tiler/Spriter, Darklink45: Spriter, Noseblunt3: Spriter,
SinkinDevil: Spriter, Dotyue: Spriter, Tompel: Tiler/Spriter, 
Mamoruanime: Tiler, DJvenom: Spriter
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2010, 05:37:46 pm »
Yep and there is extra dungeons like or the gerudo and twili as a kid but there is 3 time periods kid teen and adult and as a preveiw info the oracle of ages is SLIGHTLY involed

Dark-Hylian

Silence
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2010, 05:47:42 pm »
Collecting kind of means all in one place, and that place would no doubt be avaliable to everyone, and I'd rather avoid that until I'm done. As well, I agree with the others sentiments about the 20 dungeon game... not going to work well =/
  • Dawning Hour
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2010, 06:46:49 pm »
Well half of them are revamps and the other half are new and 3 of the new ones are optional
« Reply #13 on: May 01, 2010, 10:14:31 pm »
Please make a topic for your project. I'd like to hear more about this. But you still didn't say what style you want your giant's in.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #14 on: May 01, 2010, 10:22:13 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
Ok and btw I still collected the sprites you made because I collect sprites even if icant use them

I think I should probably reiterate what I said in your first thread-

Collecting sprites means you're going to horde them, and eventually distribute them. The more you collect, the less *creator info* you have, which means there will be more sprites distributed without credit to the creator. You saying you simply plan to "collect sprites even if you cant use them" is a load of crap, because unless you plan on sharing them in some way shape or form (which is "using them"), there's no point in collecting.

Trust me, no self respecting spriter approves of what you want to do, because it leads to a lot of peoples work being used all over the place with no credits. It's people who do exactly what you're talking about doing that make people *not* want to sprite at all.

This is why people don't care to do what you request.
« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2010, 10:37:23 pm »

I think I should probably reiterate what I said in your first thread-

Collecting sprites means you're going to horde them, and eventually distribute them. The more you collect, the less *creator info* you have, which means there will be more sprites distributed without credit to the creator. You saying you simply plan to "collect sprites even if you cant use them" is a load of crap, because unless you plan on sharing them in some way shape or form (which is "using them"), there's no point in collecting.

Trust me, no self respecting spriter approves of what you want to do, because it leads to a lot of peoples work being used all over the place with no credits. It's people who do exactly what you're talking about doing that make people *not* want to sprite at all.

This is why people don't care to do what you request.
I agree with this. I have ripped a number of graphics already and made maps and spritesheets. I have posted some already here on the forum and added a few to the resource section. I have not yet put my signature on them, because the most of them are not ready. I would not want to find my rips among your collection already. They are for ZFGC and not to be stored or posted anywhere else. It would be to easy for other people to claim the work as their own. And I only rip the sprites and do not create them. It must be a lot harder for those who actually create their own.

Dark-Hylian

Silence
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2010, 10:44:52 pm »
My sentiments exactly Mamoruanime. I've thought that for a while as well, and it doesn't makes sense to hoard without using, it really doesn't make sense, and to tell the truth, makes me not want to post any of my latest work, especially when it has to do with MM2d, and several of the things being things zeemo has requested. Seconded Mammy.
  • Dawning Hour

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2010, 10:48:14 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
I should probably also add; if you want people to give you sprites for your *collection*, make a site and let people submit them. Don't go around passively snagging every sprite you see.

Until you start doing it the "right way", every thread you make requesting sprites will result in posts stating that you're stealing sprites. I'm pretty sure people don't take too kindly to you being deceptive in your threads. (IE not mentioning right off the bat that it's for your "collection".)

At first, I was a bit choosy in saying you're stealing sprites, but honestly, it's exactly what you're doing. You're helping the spriting community diminish, and stealing the spirit away from it.

Ethelon

Awesome Resized Avys
« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2010, 11:06:20 pm »
Mm, I agree with all the above.

And I'm a bit confused, did you agree or disagree with me about making a 20 dungeon game?

Xfixium: "Leader"/Lead Programmer/Lead Spriter,  Cypras: Programmer, Ethelon: Tiler/Spriter, Darklink45: Spriter, Noseblunt3: Spriter,
SinkinDevil: Spriter, Dotyue: Spriter, Tompel: Tiler/Spriter, 
Mamoruanime: Tiler, DJvenom: Spriter
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2010, 11:21:40 pm »
Okay, only one person needs to say it. If 20 people say it, it is just going to make him feel terible instead of convincing him to stop. I'm not saying its good to collect sprites in that manner, but stop negitivly presuring him.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.393 seconds with 79 queries.

anything