Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: PS3 Falls Further Behind in Japan! :D  (Read 2639 times)

PS3 Falls Further Behind in Japan! :D
« on: June 07, 2007, 02:40:51 pm »

Any hope from Sony that its fortunes were turning around with the PlayStation 3 were dashed Tuesday as data showed it was falling further behind the Nintendo Wii in sales on its home turf.

Japanese gaming magazine company Enterbrain said that the PS3 had only managed to sell 45,321 units in May, far less than the Wii's 251,794 units during the month of May, a five-to-one margin. In April, the Wii was outselling the PS3 by a four-to-one ratio.

Sony's gaming unit is increasingly becoming a liability for the company, and is beginning to cause concern among investors. For the fiscal year ending March 31, the once powerful unit posted a staggering $2 billion loss.(That must have hurt! :D ~ Hyrule_boy)

High losses due to the PS3 are drowning out successes in other aspects of its business, including strong HDTV sales and improving performance in its Blu-ray division. While the results from May do not necessarily mean the Wii has won, the results are not promising.

Sony said it would like to sell 11 million consoles in this fiscal year, which would be double that of the year ending in March. However, one analyst told Reuters that he thought reaching that number would be "difficult."

Heey! don't look at me like I do enjoy seeing Sony failing with their PS3.  8)

Source
Re: PS3 Falls Further Behind in Japan! :D
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 04:40:12 pm »
Fanboy much?
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 04:47:48 pm »
I'm sorry but the Nintendo Wii is a Gimmick, and the 360 is alright, but theres just too many breking.

This Generation of gaming? Total !@#$% failure.

gm112

« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 04:53:19 pm »
I'm sorry but the Nintendo Wii is a Gimmick, and the 360 is alright, but theres just too many breking.

This Generation of gaming? Total !@#$% failure.
That's why the consoles continue to sell.
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2007, 04:57:17 pm »
Guys... I'm not a moderator and I shouldn't have to say this but seeing as the management has joined in. There's nothing in rules against posting topics concerning console sales in this fashion. If you don't like the topic then just don't reply to it. There's no need to out-right flame the topic creator. If making the topic was bad in some people's opinions then they should look at the way they reacted and that their reaction was obviously a lot worse.

Now, I'm not a fan boy. But I can see the point in dissing The PlayStation 3. It is a total failure. The consoles that are leading the market are the Nintendo Wii and the Microsoft XBox 360. The PlayStation 3 is a cruel joke.
Seconded.
Your attitudes, guys, are getting more stupid by the minute... serisouly... nobody is forcing you to open hyrule_boy's posts...
Anyways, on topic, Sony is cruely paying for their arrogance on the PS3 development, they really should have thought of better strategies, now, is kinda late, not impossible, but will be harder...
« Reply #5 on: June 07, 2007, 04:59:12 pm »
  • Fendez Coder
Yeh I can't believe Sony actually believed people would go for such a thing, they're so dumb lol.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 09:28:45 pm by dantheman »

Och vi som väntar på något gott vi väntar alltid för länge jag vet, jag vet
men ett liv med låga krav är som sommar utan sol och vinter utan snö
Och vem vill leva så
  • Fendez Games
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2007, 05:19:10 pm »
http://kotaku.com/gaming/industry/lay+offs-hit-scea-hq-today-266292.php

"Roughly 80 to 100 employees of Sony Computer Entertainment of America's Foster City headquarters were laid off today"

I don't know about you, Hyrule_Boy, but I'm not laughing. Because of those sales, about 100 people are now unemployed.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 09:31:08 pm by dantheman »

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest
« Reply #7 on: June 07, 2007, 05:28:19 pm »
http://kotaku.com/gaming/industry/lay+offs-hit-scea-hq-today-266292.php

"Roughly 80 to 100 employees of Sony Computer Entertainment of America's Foster City headquarters were laid off today"

I don't know about you, Hyrule_Boy, but I'm not laughing. Because of those sales, about 100 people are now unemployed. I hope you enjoy drinking the tears of their children, you heartless !@#$%.
Indeed, Sony isn't just that one rival game company. It's a life for thousands of employees.

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #8 on: June 07, 2007, 05:38:16 pm »
  • b e p i s
Guys... I'm not a moderator and I shouldn't have to say this but seeing as the management has joined in. There's nothing in rules against posting topics concerning console sales in this fashion. If you don't like the topic then just don't reply to it. There's no need to out-right flame the topic creator. If making the topic was bad in some people's opinions then they should look at the way they reacted and that their reaction was obviously a lot worse.

Now, I'm not a fan boy. But I can see the point in dissing The PlayStation 3. It is a total failure. The consoles that are leading the market are the Nintendo Wii and the Microsoft XBox 360. The PlayStation 3 is a cruel joke.
Seconded.
Your attitudes, guys, are getting more stupid by the minute... serisouly... nobody is forcing you to open hyrule_boy's posts...
Anyways, on topic, Sony is cruely paying for their arrogance on the PS3 development, they really should have thought of better strategies, now, is kinda late, not impossible, but will be harder...

Dude, I'm kidding. I don't really care what Hyrule_boy does, and this forum is not serious business.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #9 on: June 07, 2007, 06:37:29 pm »
  • w00t
To everyone in the thread:  I agree with Sol in that this topic is definitely allowed, but if the flaming doesn't stop (in particular, that against H_B), the thread will be locked.
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2007, 06:45:19 pm »
H_B did nothing wrong here. Sure I usually "dislike" him for various other reasons but this is a fine topic. Sure he might be a fanboy but that gives you no right to flame him. And I think Infinitus should stop joining in on H_B Bashing (though it can be fun at times its not anymore at least to me.) ZFGC is dying. Grow up and die with a straight face instead of giggling at dog collared emos.
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2007, 08:17:25 pm »
I want one for Little Big Planet, and Home. Also, I like the browser and the PSN features it has. It's a big clunky machine, but so was the original X-Box. And also, PS3 isn't that family friendly, but atleast they know that there's some people out there who aren't comfortable with a family friendly experience. Even Hyrule-Boy has to admit it isn't so bad.
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2007, 08:24:09 pm »
Grow up and die with a straight face instead of giggling at dog collared emos.
Straight Face .vs. Laughing ... hum ... hard choice.

Anyway I'm not bashing him, its just a bit of joking. I mean no offence by it and I'm sure no once else in this topic does either.
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2007, 08:33:33 pm »
I never really liked Sony. The only good system they has was the PS1... the games were excellent. After that, I just lost interest.
I'm happy Sony is getting their ass kicked by the other systems. Don't ask me why, because I honestly don't know. >_<
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2007, 08:44:07 pm »
I never really liked Sony. The only good system they has was the PS1... the games were excellent. After that, I just lost interest.
I'm happy Sony is getting their ass kicked by the other systems. Don't ask me why, because I honestly don't know. >_<

I'm not happy about that for two big reasons:

1) As I posted before, people are losing jobs because Sony is losing money.

2) If Sony was more successful, there would be even more competition in the industry, causing each of the publishers to strive to go above and beyond to come out on top. With GCN sales suffering horribly against the PS2, Nintendo had to come up with something truly new and special to come out on top, and thusly the Wii was born. The PS2, however, was already sitting on top. Under the assumption that their next console would take over its predecessor's position, Sony merely made an updated PS2.

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2007, 09:14:28 pm »
To everyone in the thread:  I agree with Sol in that this topic is definitely allowed, but if the flaming doesn't stop (in particular, that against H_B), the thread will be locked.

That's an incorrect policy. The topic is fine. Posts in it have been utter crap. They should be removed and the member's should be prevented from vandalising the topic further. Why should a fine topic be locked because of spammers?

Forums love having a lock now, ask later policy

« Reply #16 on: June 07, 2007, 09:25:54 pm »
  • w00t
Sol, that's a good point. 

Alright, topic has been cleaned up a bit to remove blatant spam and some H_B flaming.  Now get back on-topic guys.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 09:29:21 pm by dantheman »
What do you mean I need a life?  =P  Hm... Lives... Isn't that something that you get in Super Mario Bros?  You know, those green mushrooms?  That's a life, right?

My one and only fangame, Link Maze, may be viewed at http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=82.0
  • Link Maze - Zelda mini fangame
« Reply #17 on: June 08, 2007, 03:50:04 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
Now, I do get a little happy when I hear that nintendo is beating sony in this generation because of all the ridicule I took for at least 4 years with a gamecube from all the people who were "cool" because they had an xbox or a ps2. But honestly...its just a video game system. Do you really laugh when wonderbread loses stock to some rival bread making company? of course not its stupid, its absurd, its even a little mentally handicapped, but really is this any different.

And won't this just strengthen the competition anyway? Sony will see they are losing in sales and come out with something better and shocking anyway and the cycle will just repeat for ever.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2007, 10:00:44 am »
lol! I don't know what all happened yesterday but it seems this forum is filled with sony fangirls.
« Reply #19 on: June 08, 2007, 10:14:35 am »
Grow up and die with a straight face instead of giggling at dog collared emos.
Straight Face .vs. Laughing ... hum ... hard choice.

Anyway I'm not bashing him, its just a bit of joking. I mean no offence by it and I'm sure no once else in this topic does either.

Just joking? I understand how it can be fun but it is clear (i think) that H_B does usually take offense.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.122 seconds with 78 queries.