Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: ALTTP Styled Sprites - Colorful  (Read 13172 times)

ALTTP Styled Sprites - Colorful
« on: July 30, 2013, 05:29:20 pm »
  • ^ Jugglink ^
Well I figured i might as well put up some of the sprites i've made/edited mostly all of them are from Alttp but some from other games may appear later  :) ,in alttp style of course. But here are a few previews, feel free to leave comments, criticism, questions, or anything else.

Edit:Just updated my Items a little.
Edit2: Updated the swords on my Items.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2013, 10:51:22 pm by Dervilacus »
The First Link, Was A Dark One... The First Zelda, Was Not Royalty... The First Midna, Was Still Torn... And... The Soul Of Ganon, Is Vengeful For A Reason.....
Re: ALTTP Styled Sprites - Colorful
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 05:35:42 pm »
Wow, they look really nice!
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 05:49:53 am »
  • ^ Jugglink ^
Messing around with my King of Red Lions Sprite  :)

Edit: Messed around a little more and came up with a very bad day for link  XD
« Last Edit: August 17, 2013, 07:30:53 am by Dervilacus »
The First Link, Was A Dark One... The First Zelda, Was Not Royalty... The First Midna, Was Still Torn... And... The Soul Of Ganon, Is Vengeful For A Reason.....
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2013, 05:14:45 pm »
  • ^ Jugglink ^
Been trying to make the octoroks from Wind Waker in Alttp style  :) , it seems to be coming along decently. what do you guys think of whats done so far? I tried to do the water effects like it is on link when he's in the water and i haven't gotten to the 2 large tentacles yet.

Edit:Update to the Octo, got the tentacles done

Edit 2: Took Majoras advice and tried to go with the WW design on the octorok, also changed the top of the head a little bit.

Edit 3: not much of an edit but positioned the Octos so they kinda look like the statue of them in WW
Edit 3.5: heh, I just noticed that it looks like they're making a heart. :)  >:D Aaaawwww Octo Love   :huh: :o :o :-[ lol......

Edit 4: Just updated the SeaOctos, i think they might be done (don't know if i want to do other directions or not) but if anyone does find something missing or something they would like to see please let me know.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2013, 05:59:59 pm by Dervilacus »
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2013, 09:07:26 pm »
Too cool!
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2013, 08:49:12 pm »
Let me start by saying that is one of the best sails for the king of red lions I have ever seen sprited. I much prefer the version without the black outlines.

I'm very impressed with a lot of the other sprites in this thread, I don't have time to go over them all as I am in a bit of a rush, so I'll review the Octorok as its the most recent.

The water effects seem very good, they replicate the style that alttp used and so it fits in quite nicely.

The shading of the Octorok is very true to the wind waker style. However I'm not entirely certain that such a large open area fits too well in alttp. I think you should try and include the pattern on the head of the octorok (seen here: http://www.zeldauniverse.net/images/games/tww/enemies/octorok.png) as it breaks the sprite up a little bit and I think that would fit better with the lttp style.

I'd love to see more, so keep posting.
  • Elliott Parkinson
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2013, 02:37:27 am »
  • ^ Jugglink ^
Thanks for the complements  NaviSH and Majora :) . And I agree that the black out lined KoRL look bad, I started off trying to put it in the style that the PZE team have most of their stuff sprited (the painted look) , but they use the black outline so i tried to switch it over.... it kinda blacked a little too much though... I might get around to fixing it (unless the PZE team finds it and decides to take a go at it) but until then Do look forward to more sprites, I have a few in the works, right now I've been trying to do the whole octorok family. I started on Cyclok but right now i only have a mini one (hence why i'm working on the Big/Sea Octo) , so until i get the big one it'll be hidden ;) ;) (maybe  :P )

Update: Here is a quick preview of cyclok as of now, the tentacles seem to be giving me a little trouble
update .5: Done a little more to Cyclok, changed the eyes and swapped colors a little. The eyes make it look More like Cyclok but i'm not sure if it fits in to well with everything else.... I could be wrong though.

Update 2: took Cyclok down to 4 tentacles instead of the original 6, don't know which i like better, the newer one does look a bit more accurate, but the second and first ones look as if they might fit the style better... (also added a x2 size for easier viewing and a painted version of the new Cyclok)
Update 2.5: Got bored and made a Fire version of Cyclok, which I've named Magmok,.... or Lavok... (might need a change to the swirl, open to suggestions)

Update 3: I've Done alot more with Cyclok so here is what I have so far. Walking, Hurt, Jumping/shooting(?), Floating/Falling, and a slight edit to the baby Cyclok. Enjoy :)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 01:46:57 am by Dervilacus »
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2013, 09:47:36 pm »
  • ^ Jugglink ^
sorry for the bump but thought this was worth more than just an edit/update. Thought it might be nice to show what I have done in the Octo family (not much but..), I also put the baby Cyclok I done plus one of my Link sprites for comparison (It's what I usually compare everything to). would like some feedback on theses because i do realize that the regular octos dont quite compare that good and that baby cyclok could use some work also, but that is why i would like feedback, let me know what you all think the best route would be to make them all come together nicely, and a thank you in advance for Anything said about them :)

Update: Put Cyclok and Baby Cyclok on the Octo Family sheet .
« Last Edit: August 25, 2013, 02:12:02 am by Dervilacus »
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2013, 08:08:15 pm »
  • ^ Jugglink ^
Been working on Link, (YAY!) I have him doing 21 1/4 things not counting the basic standing sprites and it's all left handed where appropriate. Still need to finish the Megaton Hammer ones  and then I have another 21 planned including Digging with shovel and mitts, Ball+Chain, Deku Leaf, Rocs Cape, and more. If you think of something you would like to see done post and let me know, i'm sure there are some i cant think of. But anyways let me know how they look, and Enjoy.

Edit : I think the count on actions is now 25... I think
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 03:27:34 pm by Dervilacus »
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2013, 09:04:57 pm »
These look nice! Is it okay to use (or base sprites upon) these? With credits given obviously.

As for additional interesting actions. How about:
- drinking from his bottle (facing in the 4 directions)
- swiping his bottle in all 4 directions (like in OoT)
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2013, 10:06:32 pm »
  • ^ Jugglink ^
Absolutely you can use them, that's why i make them :). They are Free to use,edit,or whatever to ZFGC Members (mostly because I've noticed guests can't view them, but that's eyet).
I almost forgot about the bottle swiping action I'll add that to my list, thanks. 

Anybody have anything else to add to my to do list, i'm more than open to suggestions :) :)

oh and I really really would like to hear what Anyone thinks of the skull hammer swinging sprites... . . .  .  .  .  .   .   .   .     .      .
« Last Edit: September 07, 2013, 04:39:29 pm by Dervilacus »
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2013, 05:08:00 pm »
  • ^ Jugglink ^
Sorry (again) for the bump but i thought i would let the few who are interested in this know that I am still working on these, just haven't had time here lately to do any more. I am about to start continue on this so, if you are interested in this please leave your ideas of what you would like to see. Also if by any chance anyone does want to lend a hand then please post a Alttp version of what you want to help with (and whether or not you consent to me editing it), OR if You need help with a sprite i'll make one up in the Colorized style and the style of your choice, AND I say this b/c doing one for someone else would probably be a little bit of a motivational kick-start for me..

Actions in the works include
    -Bait Set-Rod
    -Bait Set-Ground
    -Ball+Chain
    -Bottle Drink (Done)
    -Bottle Swipe
    -Bottle Dump
    -Burnt
    -Climbing
    -Confused (overlay?)
    -Crossbow (W/Target Cursor)
    -Crying
    -Dashing
    -Deku Leaf / Sail (IP)
    -Dig-Mitts (Done)
    -Dig-Shovel (Done)
    -Eating
    -Fishing
    -Frozen
    -Ground Stab
    -Hurricane Spin
    -Jumping
    -Kneeling
    -Limping(???)
    -Magnet Gloves
    -Mesmerized
    -Napping
    -Open/Close Chest
    -Paralyzed
    -Poisoned (overlay?)
    -Quitting
    -Reeling Rod
    -Rocs Cape Jump
    -Seed Shooter
    -Sliding
    -Tossing (bush,pot,etc...) (IP)
    -Wind Waker
    -Waddle (??? after shock or frozen???)

And that's all of them that i can think of right now, I know it seems like quite the list but i'm sure i can do all of 'em..... just not sure how long it'll take me....
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 02:50:10 pm by Dervilacus »
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2013, 10:52:10 pm »
Woah, the ALTTP sprites look really cool! That link looks like he's from the new Zelda game ALTTP between worlds!

Apart from the list you made maybe you could make some animations including:
~fancy sword sheathing like from twillight princess
~Sword throw
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 11:18:35 pm by NaviSaysHEY »
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2013, 08:53:33 pm »
  • ^ Jugglink ^
Link rummaging through his pouch to pull out an item. done in my colorized style link and in another style as requested by Martin. the animation sequence will eventually cover multiple items, most will just be idle animations of link playing around with different items, but some might be useful for play (like the already done ocarina that i chose for improvement). And I will take suggestions for Idle or Other sprites.  :)

Oh and NaviSH, the sword sheathing from TP was it just link doing a cross cut b/f sheathing? And Sword throwing might not be that hard I'll have to give it a go  :)

Edit: Added Link Waving to the player the last seven are to be repeated as seen fit, and if you stop the animation short and replace sprite 8 with the last sprite (the one all by itself) then it can also be Link saluting the player :)
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 04:10:47 am by Dervilacus »
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2013, 05:30:24 pm »
  • ^ Jugglink ^
Sorry fur the bump and delay, BUT I come bearing a gift..... A gift of Link juggling in 2 Different Styles  :) :) Hope you all enjoy

Note: to be used AFTER Link searching his Pouch

Note: there isnt a Stop animation and the one W/ Black outlines Might need some Extra work.....

Edit: Forgot to mention that i left the feet kinda uneven, to remedy it (if it bothers you) then just move the lower foot on each sprite up 1 pixel.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2013, 10:29:56 pm by Dervilacus »
« Reply #15 on: October 27, 2013, 10:57:34 pm »
Wow, the sprites are looking great! (you can probably skip the sword sheathing since there is no sheath on this link).
« Reply #16 on: October 30, 2013, 12:13:48 am »
  • ^ Jugglink ^
Link with some Bottle Animations in 2 styles, The top 2 rows are link drinking from a bottle (and yes its empty...) with the top one being W/O a bottle, and the third is an animation with link Examining a bottle then almost dropping it. The ones withlines above them are to be repeated as desired if at all.
Note: To be used After Link Searching his Pouch

@ NaviSH - Thanks, and I thought about nixing the sheathing animation but after thinking about it I might go ahead and do it eventually and just have the sword disappear once behind his back, or just make up an over/under lay of the sheath, not sure yet though.

Edit: A little off topic but i started doing tiles in the "Colorful" Style i've been working with and so I thought i might put the trees that I recently done. The ground is not part of the tiles, just the trees..
Edit 2: just added a blankish screen mock-up.. don't really know why i made it but oh well
« Last Edit: November 13, 2013, 05:31:50 am by Dervilacus »
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2014, 08:39:53 pm »
  • ^ Jugglink ^
 :-* YAAAAWWN  :-* .... Well after a long Hibernation I'm back to doing Alttp sprites, at the moment I'm starting off trying to do the 4 Giants from MM. They are made to be put into the world map, because, well, they're giants. Gonna attempt to do any animations that they need for a MM style ending (where they catch the moon) both failing and succeeding at Saving Clock Town.Also Ima gonna need to do an Evil MM Moon, and Clock Town + Terminus. After I'm done with these I'll be going back to work on Link, prob going to start by finishing his Megaton Hammer Animations (W,N,E).
Here is a preview of them at Kokiri Village just to see how they look... Let me know what Yins think, Thanks :)

Edit : Put what I have done of the Giants up... they look kinda Meh IMO think I'm going to go ahead and start working on Link again. Doing the giants just kinda seems a little too much at the time, might pick 'em back up eventually.... maybe. But back to link

Edit2: And I think Megaton Link is Finally done :)

EDIT 3: Just noticed a Major Error on my part.... That is the Skull Hammer NOT the Megaton Hammer, Sorry for the Mis-Information But the animation sequence can still be used for either. And I have started on the digging animations, gonna do the shovel and mitts, the shovel animation wont be the same as the one from Alttp.
Edit4: Link with Shovel is now Diggingly done, now fur the mitts. :)

Quick tip, for a more old timey Alttp feel to the digging animation take out the 2nd sprite in the seqence

« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 02:51:53 pm by Dervilacus »
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2014, 02:57:29 pm »
  • ^ Jugglink ^
Sorry for the Dbl/Trpl post But I updated the LinkPreview Sheet  Finished the Bottle Drinking Anim's for Link And I've Started on Link sailing with the Deku Leaf.

Update: got some more done to LinkDekuLeafFly. I got about halfway through the side view and decided to put the backside (kinda) on the S facing ones,can't tell if it needs more work or not, but the side view does need work kinda at a stand still on it not sure how to make it match the S facing ones... Also the 3rd frame on the side view still needs his feet and Tunic redone to match...

Edit : Still having trouble getting this to look right, made a preview gif to see it in action. Anyone have any tips or want to have a go at it?

« Last Edit: April 16, 2014, 10:31:04 pm by Dervilacus »
« Reply #19 on: August 19, 2014, 04:31:10 pm »
  • ^ Jugglink ^
Alrighty I'm back fur a bit, gonna have some free time on my hands for a while so i'm more than likely gonna get back to spriting. I never did get the Deku leaf link finished, mainly cause i couldn't get the leaf to look right... would still like to see some one take a go at it or give some advice for it, but not really important. Anyways i'll prob do some more enemies in my Colorful style, unless anyone wants to see something specific done  :huh:  :huh:   :huh:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.351 seconds with 77 queries.

anything