Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: When did jesus die?  (Read 4761 times)

Re: When did jesus die?
« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2008, 10:30:01 pm »
  • Wooper Don't Give a !@#$%
He lived to be 33, so assuming that 1 AD is the birth of Christ, he would've died sometime in 34 AD.
ROLL TIDE WHAT? **** YOU!!! Geaux Tiga

~The Gaurdians of ZFGC~
Kirby, metallica48423, Max, Vash, walnut100
  • Gamers & Developers Unlimited
« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2008, 10:33:15 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君
He never died, he's about to come back during the destruction of the earth along with the last living prophet.

But he died 2008 years ago.

That's when he was born.

gm112

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2008, 10:57:13 pm »
He never died, he's about to come back during the destruction of the earth along with the last living prophet.

That's when he was born.
Actually, Jesus was born 4 BC... The Europeans had the Christian Calender off by a couple years.
« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2008, 11:02:56 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君
...Jesus was born 4 BC...

Time paradox!  O:
« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2008, 11:03:57 pm »

Time paradox!  O:

That just shows how awesome he is. He's so great he can be born before he is born!

gm112

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2008, 11:04:50 pm »

Time paradox!  O:

That just shows how awesome he is. He's so great he can be born before he is born!
I wasn't asking for spam, I was being serious. I learned this in Global Studies that Jesus was born a couple years before the believed year of his actual birth.
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2008, 11:26:11 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.

Time paradox!  O:

I wasn't asking for spam, I was being serious. I learned this in Global Studies that Jesus was born a couple years before the believed year of his actual birth.
Are we talking about "Son of God" Jesus or "inspirational Jewish Rabbi" Jesus?
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2008, 11:28:22 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
<_<... you know...

It also bothers me when people say Jesus was born in December.

It was in September; December is when he was conceived, according to Luke. It gives a full on time frame >_>

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2008, 11:47:57 pm »
<_<... you know...

It was in September; December is when he was conceived, according to Luke. It gives a full on time frame >_>

Really? I thought december 25th was when he was born. Oh crap.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2008, 11:57:28 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
<_<... you know...

Common misconception lol
« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2008, 12:06:42 am »
  • 虫めづる姫君

Time paradox!  O:

Are we talking about "Son of God" Jesus or "inspirational Jewish Rabbi" Jesus?

The magical zombie, according to the first post.
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2008, 01:16:31 am »
lol religion

on a more serious note, jesus rose from the dead seven days after being crucified. dis is known as easter. he is now zombie. on that same day i would assume he flew to the heavens and lived with god.

^ no im not religious. hell, i'm not even christian. and im certain with enough effort, zfgc can turn this topic completely into a religious debate. this is my segway to that.
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2008, 01:59:37 am »
lol religion

on a more serious note, jesus rose from the dead seven days after being crucified. dis is known as easter. he is now zombie. on that same day i would assume he flew to the heavens and lived with god.

^ no im not religious. hell, i'm not even christian. and im certain with enough effort, zfgc can turn this topic completely into a religious debate. this is my segway to that.
Why does anything to do with religion have to devolve into a mad game of "who can be the most atheist first!". I'm atheist too, but how about we show a little respect and NOT turn this into a religious debate.
« Reply #33 on: May 07, 2008, 03:21:56 am »
So can someone explain to me why it's all "JESUS DIED FOR YOUR SINS" when he came back?

Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of being a martyr?
  • Google Profile

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2008, 08:57:35 am »
  • Silly cat!

That's when he was born.
Actually, Jesus was born 4 BC... The Europeans had the Christian Calender off by a couple years.
Yep, it's true.

<_<... you know...

Common misconception lol
And that's true to.

But yeah, after he resurrected he just wandered around for a little bit grinding on lower level noobs and completing a few dailys, but God was taking too long to release the new patch, so Jesus decided to go to Heaven so he could QQ, but he never got another gc :/
« Last Edit: May 07, 2008, 09:01:00 am by Hoffy »

Hoffy.
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2008, 09:12:00 am »
lol religion

"On the third day he rose again, in accordance with the scriptures. He ascended in to heaven, and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again, in glory, to judge the living and the dead, and his kingdom will have no end."

Yeah, he was crucified Friday, left Saturday alone, rose on (Easter) Sunday.

By the way, I'm not religious. My folks just think I am, and so I have to go to mass every Sunday.

Mario Kart Wii Friend Code: 4468-1342-3783
« Reply #36 on: May 07, 2008, 12:19:24 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
I think the real question is...

When DIDN'T Jesus die? ;)
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2008, 03:52:39 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
lol religion

on a more serious note, jesus rose from the dead seven days after being crucified. dis is known as easter.

<_<... no.

Easter has nothing to do with Christianity. Easter celebrates Ishtar, the fertility goddess. Quick like a bunny, my friend.

The day Christians celebrate (or rather should celebrate <_<) is Passover. But yeah at the 7 days thing :p
« Reply #38 on: May 08, 2008, 04:03:38 am »
  • Super Hero Time!
lol religion

on a more serious note, jesus rose from the dead seven days after being crucified. dis is known as easter.

<_<... no.

Easter has nothing to do with Christianity. Easter celebrates Ishtar, the fertility goddess. Quick like a bunny, my friend.

The day Christians celebrate (or rather should celebrate <_<) is Passover. But yeah at the 7 days thing :p

He takes Computer Science III. He knows what he's talking about.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2008, 12:17:13 am »
  • Maybe I'll just sit here and bleed at you.
lol religion

<_<... no.

The season of lent pretty much exists because they forgot when Jesus actually died and needed to put it back.  He died roughly 40 days away from 'easter', if I remember this right.

So can someone explain to me why it's all "JESUS DIED FOR YOUR SINS" when he came back?

Doesn't that defeat the whole purpose of being a martyr?

I quite agree, and in fact there's actually a song by Tool about that very subject (Eulogy).  According to the Christian belief system however, the consideration is that his death on the cross is symbolic of the weight of humanity's sins being lifted.  Even though he came back, so I don't see how it's really death at the end of the process. 
  • Chaos Colosseum
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 73 queries.