Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fistful of Badgers  (Read 1092 times)

Fistful of Badgers
« on: November 06, 2006, 04:09:21 am »
  • Surpass the impossible & kick reason to the curb!
www.myspace.com/fistfulofbadgers

This is our band, comprising of my friend Tom and myself.  Unfortunately, we both play guitar and have no one to play other instruments, although I can somewhat play the keyboard.  Currently our percussion section is drum loops on a keyboard.

We're not really sure how to classify ourselves as far as genre, but I can say Tom has a lot of metal influences and I'm into prog rock and whatever it is They Might Be Giants are.  So our sound falls somewhere between there.  We have a few finished songs already, and have 3 or 4 that we're working on right now.  You can hear some of them on the Myspace, but since only 4 are allowed at a time, here's a list of songs and I'll have download links eventually.

Completed:
-Things I Have in My Basement: Basically a checklist of things I have in my basement set to music. (available on the Myspace)
-Man vs. Banana: An instrumental I made myself mostly last summer, but I recently added the organ and bass parts. (available on the Myspace)
-Anthem of Vicodin: Tom's first song; it's -you guessed it- about little white happy pills. (available on the Myspace)
-Ode to Tabasco: A tribute to everyone's favorite red pepper sauce.  Wikipedia was my source on some of the more obscure facts, such as the use of Tabasco sauce by astronauts.
-Jam Session: Not so much a song as just a recording of me and Tom playing together. (available on the Myspace)

In the works:
-Hey Lady: Tom's lyrics about a woman on her cell phone paying attention to everything but the road.
-Eamon Doesn't Suck: Our friend Ben commissioned me to put his lyrics about our friend Eamon to music.
-Jesus in a Time Machine: NOT a religious song by any stretch of the imagination.  It could be anyone in a time machine, but having Jesus in it made it awesomer.

I'll upload the mp3s somewhere soon and have them available for download.  Until then listen to the 4 that are on  the Myspace

Hope you enjoy it! ;p
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth.

God's in his heaven, all's right with the world.
  • Exploding Foot Studios
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.118 seconds with 36 queries.

anything