Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Zelda game styles? WW or MC style? SCREENSHOT  (Read 3909 times)

rshoel

Rshoel
Zelda game styles? WW or MC style? SCREENSHOT
« on: January 15, 2013, 07:19:08 pm »
  • rshoel
HEY LISTEN, HEY LISTEN, HEY LISTEN, HEY LISTEN!!!

Hey guys and girls!
I'm working on a new 3d zelda fan game but are a bit stuck in the project since I'm not sure what style the game shall have! And by style I meen the known zelda styles we have seen before, like:
- Horse riding zelda game, like Ocarina Of Time.
- Ocean adventure zelda game, like Wind Waker and Phantom Hourglass.
-Train adventure zelda game, like Spirit Tracks.
-In_the_sky zelda game, like Skyward Sword
And soo on....

I have currently been thinking about another Ocean adventure zelda game, but I'm not quite sure, I've also been thinking about some kind of desert/sand style were you sail on a boat-looking vehicle with sail on it, in the desert/on the sand! I also kept in mind the earlier idea I had that was pretty much the same just in snow.

At this moment I am standing between Ocean adventure and Desert adventure but are not really sure yet!
If anyone know about any other good styles as I just spoke about above please comment or send a PM  :D
Keep in mind that this is going to be a zelda 3d game! and if screenshots is highely wanted I will add some :)
A screenshot of how some of it is looking ATM

The WW Link is an alternative look, but the original sprites I've used is minish cap
(WW Link is ripped by me)
NB! Keep in mind that Link and any other stuff from WW is not models but self-ripped sprites/I took quality screenshots and ripped Link into a sprite.
Movment wound be like in WW, you move forward and backward by using the up and down key and you rotate your screen around by using left and right button.

Thank you and hope for good response

-rshoel
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 12:07:56 am by rshoel »
rshoel / ICU Game development team
Re: Zelda game styles?
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2013, 07:42:24 pm »
Two words. Mechanical Camel. Aha but all jokes aside a desert themed one would be cool, although it feels like a lack of scenery could be difficult to overcome? Or would the desert vary, from desolate to semi sandy, from mountains to flat. Also an area like the haunted wasteland would be cool. Would then instead of islands would there be like oasises and patches of life?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2013, 08:29:16 pm by Whitay »

rshoel

Rshoel
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2013, 08:28:52 pm »
  • rshoel
Haha^^ Well, I agree, a desert styled zelda game would really be something else than usual, and alot of the knowns stuff from zelda games like the normal common enemies, and game-start in a forest and soo on would not relly fit that much into it when the whole world is desert!

Kienamaru

The Idea Man
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 01:01:39 am »
  • I can think of many things for anything.
I'm a fan of horseback riding. If I had to go secondary I'd use sailing but why not do this instead? USE BOTH!!!

You have maybe for (lets just say the game takes place in Hyrule) Hyrule, a horse that you can ride to get to and from places quickly enough. But then at maybe a midway point the game forces you to go out to sea to find the next region. (Let's say Holodrum) You end up doing some seafaring somewhat like WW where you sail a pretty vast sea to get to the next place. Once there, you might find yourself in a large new land that you can explore on foot until you can buy another horse. It would give the world a massive sense of realism. Like, why be restricted to one place when you can have multiple? You could even dot the sea with islands to explore.
Need someone to grammar check your game? Message me.

Team Project:
Mythos: Shadow of Liimina- http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=39897.0
SoL Sprite Thread: http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=39913.0
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 08:01:34 am »
Traveling between Hyrule and the Sacred Realm. =)

rshoel

Rshoel
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 03:05:18 pm »
  • rshoel
It could be cool, with like a massive sea world just with larger islands, large enough that you will need a horse or something:)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.043 seconds with 47 queries.

anything