Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: [WIP] Legend of Zelda fan game  (Read 32384 times)

Re: [WIP] My Legend of Zelda fan game
« Reply #80 on: January 03, 2009, 11:45:04 pm »
Wow, it's starting to look surprisingly accurate to the original.  XD You deserve your props, I have to say, for your work so far. Great stuff.

I have been doing 3D Animation for several years now, but right now it's more in the context of film, not of gaming. So a lot of what I see still confuses me.  :P

So watching your videos, I noticed that you had actual animation data from Wind Waker, and a lot of the animations were taken directly from that game, not just the models. And I noticed that in one of your videos you seemed to still have the rig for controlling Link. How exactly did you export rigging and animation data to a completely different platform like that? I mean, exporting (and importing) models themselves is easy, but I never learned how to prepare an entire animation and rig to be changed to a format applicable to other software. There must have been a lot of variables and such that had to be kept track of. Lol, don't worry, I wasn't asking for a long, complicated explanation or anything, I was just commenting that I was intruiged by it.

I really love what you've done, and can't wait to see how this game shapes up and see what your plans are.  XD

But one thing I notice, the Moblin's reaction to Link is too sudden. He doesn't have the animation where he suddenly becomes aware of Link's presence, then comes after him. It just cuts to him facing Link. But right now that's not too important. You probably have more pressing priorities, like adding important content.

BTW, what kind of stuff are you adding right now? I would love to see a push block or a treasure chest. Maybe even one of those things where you light a torch and a door unlocks.  :P
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 11:49:54 pm by legendarylugi »
« Reply #81 on: January 07, 2009, 07:44:25 pm »
Hey just wanted to update everyone to my progress, im making Outset Island better and then ill add people, trees, chests, etc.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSaqFHcuAfc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bSaqFHcuAfc</a>
« Reply #82 on: January 07, 2009, 08:20:59 pm »
Once again another splended show of your game. I am bewildered by how fast you are making progress....

As you may incountered, 3d games are by far the hardest to program.... WOW you are good.

Blimey! cheers to you :)

Broojo02

Derp
« Reply #83 on: January 07, 2009, 09:00:24 pm »
  • Faster horsey!
Video looks great :)
« Reply #84 on: January 07, 2009, 10:28:30 pm »
Thanks guys, and damn youre right...they are so hard to program but the results are very rewarding.
« Reply #85 on: January 13, 2009, 09:36:18 pm »
Hey some updates, ill let the vid do the talking...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_DJQQARKCI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_DJQQARKCI</a>
« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2009, 02:01:25 am »
Another great video, any new progress regarding loz 3-d, anxios for more you know ;)

Stardog

« Reply #87 on: January 24, 2009, 04:20:36 pm »
Here's something that might be useful to you: giles - a newly-free lightmapper.

Maybe not so useful for a cel-shaded game, but it's good and has Ambient Occlusion etc.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 04:28:31 pm by Stardog »
« Reply #88 on: March 01, 2009, 11:04:53 pm »
Anything new? I really want to see some new stuff!

Fox USA

« Reply #89 on: March 02, 2009, 04:49:57 am »
Sorry I haven't commented sooner but its AMAZING cant wait for updates.
« Reply #90 on: March 02, 2009, 07:04:21 am »
I remember seeing this when you once started the project and i was thinking "ohh god, hes awesome at making 3D games, i cant stop waiting till the day it will be released. But first.... i gotta get something else to do."
« Reply #91 on: March 02, 2009, 08:09:26 pm »
Thanks for all of your kind support support guys but i have some relatively bad news. I have stopped working on this project. Basically i got bored of it. But i did not scrap it, its just simply waiting to be worked on again on my hardrive.

Right now im working on another engine (ut2004) and making a halo total conversion mod...you can check it out here:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VTUfcdncdE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5VTUfcdncdE</a>

I will probably work on my zelda game again but keep in mind that i had to start everything from scratch...meaning EVERYTHING. I had to always work around the engine not like the unreal engine where i always exceed my expectations. Ut2004 has an awesome engine and robust pathfinding, and is not as frustrating to work with as 3d Gamestudio (i hate that engine). Soooo, i might just decide later that i should make this game in unreal engine but i dont know about that.

So if anyone wants to either help me code on 3d Gamestudio or has experience with the unreal engine and knows how to make a cel shaded game or program some simple ai, then im down. But im not going to work on this game either for a long while or until i get some help. Sorry if this is annoying or displeasing but its the truth.
« Reply #92 on: March 02, 2009, 08:15:19 pm »
I dont really care if its Halo or Zelda becouse you made both of them tottaly awesome! But i think you will get bored on that to and you can go back to zelda and so it will continue and end up with Two games, atleast i think thats how it will end.
Awesome work, keep it up!
« Reply #93 on: March 03, 2009, 12:15:45 am »
I am sad that you dropped your windwaker game:( I hope you go back to it! cool video though.
« Reply #94 on: March 03, 2009, 11:02:36 pm »
No offense here, as much as I liked seeing an almost Wind Waker clone (or parody most likely) told me it had no story and was just a test on game development or AI programming in general.

I kind of saw this coming sooner or later if not very soon, this happens to games which have no plans, research, artwork, assets or any kind of work to a story either... it just falls flat on its face with no under-lying architecture.

Now if someone else adapted this project with a story and other things apart from AI programming practice, I think this game would go somewhere :3

Too bad it fell into just practice, this clearly shows something very interesting and fun :D
(Oh and, why not give DX Studio a try?)
Game Designer and Artist

My Zelda Projects Official Site:
http://unicornslair.byethost17.com

I encourage you, please rate my Project here!
  • The Legend of Zelda: Secret Depths of the Unicorns Lair
« Reply #95 on: March 04, 2009, 02:58:13 am »
Well i had planned stuff, it wasnt just practice...it was mostly to see what i could do. I was new to all this stuff and with 3d gamestudio. Dx studio i dont think is for me either but whatever, i can always return to it. I did have a story, just that i wasnt the one writing it. I dropped the game not because i wasnt interested but because i was completely alone working on it and got pissed off with 3d gamestudio.

Oh btw, made a better version of my blood gulch vid. Check it out.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZm8HOZ9dio" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DZm8HOZ9dio</a>
« Reply #96 on: March 04, 2009, 06:56:16 am »
That just gotta be a sniping map, i mean... Its tottaly empty, almost and it got a several stones on it :P
Just stand on your side and sniper every damn thing you can see on the field. ;)
BTW, Very nice game. But i want to see it in combat now :P
Just spawn another guy and kick he's ass. But i dont think your done with the combat system.
Thats all you need.
Thumbs Up!
« Reply #97 on: March 11, 2009, 03:56:48 pm »
How do you rip the 3D graphics and animations? Im wanting to learn some 3D art and animation. How could I get a hold of those programs?

• The Untold Legacy

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #98 on: March 11, 2009, 07:59:06 pm »
  • b e p i s
UT2004 is pretty much old as hell...are you sure you really want to develop for a (great) game that no one really plays anymore.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #99 on: March 11, 2009, 08:01:48 pm »
I wonder why this topic isnt moved to the graveyard yet.
The project that this topic is made for is dead and UT2004 is not topic related expect that its the same person that makes it, he should start a new topic that isnt in the zelda development and explain more about UT there, that would make it easier.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 77 queries.

anything