Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Forum (The game)  (Read 8106 times)

Piers

Forum (The game)
« on: April 01, 2006, 06:43:32 pm »
I've always thought about doing an online game like a forum but you can walk and talk. an example of this is: lets say I want to post a topic in this game. You'd go to the topic building in the overworld, go inside and talk to a cpu that lets you create a topic. You'd then get your own room which anyone could enter by talking to the girl and looking at available topics. You could post screens by putting pictures on the walls which you can view or just talk about the topic and if you want to re-read a post you could go to the wall and look at a picture which will show you every post in this topic.

If someoen was to do this with ZFGC in zelda graphics it would change the way people could look at a forum. Instead of just a boring place it could become an amazing Mmo. Lets say someone was to do this with ZFGC we could add zelda stuff into it like dueling, killing guards or whatever. If you did it with a gun game you could also shoot and crap. a way of totally customizing would be to make the sprites of your character external so you can change them by putting sprites with the same file name and extension in in place of them.

I probaly will never do this (unless I learn more mplay,soc or gmsock) so I was just throwing the idea out there. If I do though all make it ONLY for ZFGC.

ps: AoCD, this is why I was asking questions
« Last Edit: April 01, 2006, 06:47:57 pm by Piers »

Pyro

Re: Forum (The game)
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 06:46:29 pm »
I've had this idea with a few forums i've been on, mainly Mew3Inc (Im part of staff) awhile back when they had their old forums, I was first makin a game of it just like a one player game about how it began and everything, then I pitched the idea of somthing like this, and some people I knew who were extremely good at programing were gonna do it, but then some disappeared and some just became lazy xD
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 10:44:55 pm »
Its an interesting idea but I doubt it would work all to well.
  • Runescape Gold Generator

bran371

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2006, 12:14:37 am »
Talking to the NPC to view topics would be annoying, though I can't really think of a better way of doing it.

Piers

« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2006, 12:26:44 am »
Talking to the NPC to view topics would be annoying, though I can't really think of a better way of doing it.
I thought of going into a different room were there'd be a door for how many topics but the hallway would have to be forever increasing.
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2006, 02:06:01 am »
  • Huzzowee!
It seems like a good idea, but I think that it would be hard to make it easier and/or better to use than the actual forum itself. What it WOULD work really well with is chat. If you someone could make a visual chat program where you join the special channel, create an avatar and then you can move around and chat, that would be cool. Then whenever you send an emoticon, your character could emote accordingly. It would be like an mmo, but without a game :).
"They say 'Don't sweat the little things!', but in the end, the little things are all that matter..."
--Alex2539

Gilgamesh

« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2006, 09:23:51 am »
How about, each section is a village.
Each house is a topic.
Then you can move around the village with your character, knock on doors to read topics, etc.

gm112

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2006, 11:06:21 am »
and have gm112 as a evil villan! ;D
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2006, 05:39:08 pm »
  • Huzzowee!
The only problem is that you would have an ever-growing number of houses, and in theory they would move around when they become more or less recent.
"They say 'Don't sweat the little things!', but in the end, the little things are all that matter..."
--Alex2539

Piers

« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2006, 05:41:03 pm »
The only problem is that you would have an ever-growing number of houses, and in theory they would move around when they become more or less recent.
Thats why I didn't have the door idea either. It would be fairly hard to do this so in the end it would be better to stick to the boring read a message forum. I jsut hope I live tell the point when they make a virtual reality forum.
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2006, 05:45:06 pm »
  • Huzzowee!
Oh, you probably will. I still think that this idea could very easily be adapted to a chatroom though. You could have it connectedto the official ZFGC chat with people using your program having a special little avatar that can run around and stuff.
--Alex2539

Piers

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2006, 05:50:28 pm »
I could do that but I need a little more knoledge(sp?) of Mplay,soc or gmsock. (again)

Gilgamesh

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2006, 06:23:04 pm »
Hmm, no it wouldn't be that hard.
Have streets labelled per month.
So, 12 streets. With each about the topics that had a lot of replies.
(topics with no replies collapse due to lack of maintenance)

mit

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2006, 06:42:26 pm »
  • QBASIC programmer since age 4. Take that, world.
Although it would completely ruin the idea, a better solution would be to have each topic a car within a carpark. Then you'd have an excuse for them changing position when you click sort, however, I doubt anyone would play.

How about... each house is dotted around, and when you want to sort by date, it rotates the camera angle all the way around and to a "different angle". Like that you'd miss the way the topics changed position, unless there were only a few, or you were extremely well orientated. But that wouldn't work in 2D very well, and would only work in 3D if you were very good at it.
Programmer / Spriter / Level designer / Game Director / Web Designer / Music Sequencer for
Random Highscore table:

Play the Kousou Arcade today!
  • Kousou Games
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2006, 06:49:06 pm »
  • Huzzowee!
I could do that but I need a little more knoledge(sp?) of Mplay,soc or gmsock. (again)
So take your time and learn 'em :). There's no hurry.
--Alex2539

i.of.the.storm

« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2006, 09:49:52 pm »
It sounds sort of like those 3D desktop programs, they sound cool but usually aren't that practical. For a forum it kind of makes less sense but for a chat room it's actually perfect. Maybe if you found some sort of open source MMO engine you could modify that to work.

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2006, 10:14:09 pm »
  • Silly cat!
Basically this was my aim with The Legend of ZFGC, except, well, Zelda-related. It would be quite a cool game if you could pull it off. Give it a try ;).

Hoffy.

Piers

« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2006, 11:03:24 pm »
Basically this was my aim with The Legend of ZFGC, except, well, Zelda-related. It would be quite a cool game if you could pull it off. Give it a try ;).
All try, don't worry.
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2006, 12:30:11 am »
  • You don't know me.
and have gm112 as a evil villan! ;D

Awww... I never get to be an evil villian. :(

Anyway, this sounds like it would be fun. I've got an idea. You talk to an NPC to view a topic, but then you get transported to a room (the topic) where you discuss the... topic.

No one located in this area of the internet remembers me.
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2006, 03:30:38 pm »
  • :3
sounds intresting but maybe its simpler as chat room.
  • daniel-kun
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 75 queries.

anything