Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ZFGC Weekly  (Read 2427 times)

ZFGC Weekly
« on: March 29, 2009, 03:58:03 pm »

Volume 10, Issue 1 - March 29, 2009
irc.kbfail.net #zfgc

1. Community Announcements
2. Best of the Forum
3. Weekly Awards
4. The Big Question

Community Announcements

-- Voting for the Thematic Original Music Competition ends in about a day. If you haven't already you should vote for whom you think sounds the best. The topic is located in the Contests board.

-- The Community Project's board for the Link's Awakening MC remake will likely be made public within the next week or so. The Minish Cap engine will likely come out after that - the game's board will be public a little beforehand so sprites can be worked on, mapping can happen, sounds could be suggested, etc.

-- Pyrazor will be implementing a new system for team projects and recruiting within the oncoming days. Details of which will likely be made by him.

Best of the Forum

That Train Has Sailed.
http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=33741.0
Quote from: Tlozpop
Well, the game will be titled The legend o Zelda : Spirit Tracks, will be on DS, will be released this year in Japan and Link will be able to drive a train. That's all I know.

His Internet Avatar's Eating Habits Also Made His Rank Red.
http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=33742.0
Quote from: Infini
Whats yours?

At the moment I'm probably going to say half a bottle of Reggae Reggae Sauce, but thats only because my mouth/lips are burning from it at the moment u_u.

Evidence For/Against Mean Lady Being Vampire?
http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=33739.0
Quote from: Sprite Collector
I got a phone call early this morning, maybe around 8:30am, and it was the local blood collector people. They were asking me if I would come donate blood because I have a good type [O-] and they're really low on stock. She made it seem pretty crucial and I'm always up to donate some blood and save some lives. Yeah yeah. So.. now I haven't donated in maybe a year and a half or so. So, I asked the woman, "I'm gay, does that matter?" She says "No, absolutely not. We don't discriminate against anyone." So I reply, "Are you sure, because a lot of people said I wouldn't be able to donate because of that." And the reassures me that it was fine. So, I set up an appointment for 5:45pm and make my way over there. I fill out the questionnaire as she's pulling my name up in their system and she calls me over once I'm finished. She looks over the paper and points her pen to one of my "yes's." I looked at her. "What?" She says in a really low voice like it's a secret or something "You've had sexual contact with a male before?" So I tell her loudly, "Yes, I have, is that a problem." And she just looks down at the paper and back at the screen with my name. And she says "Yes, it is. You cannot donate, I'm sorry. Such a good blood type, too. Such a shame, really." ... What the !@#$%. Seriously? So I told her how I asked the woman this morning and she said it was fine blah blah. And then she asks me "When was the last time you had sex?" So I tell her seven months [agh!] ago with the ex. And she just shakes her head and says sorry again. You know, at first I was just mad that I had wasted the gas on the twenty minute trip but you know, I'm thinking about it. What's the difference? They have to test every sample of blood they take anyway, so why am I not allowed to donate? I mean.. what is it? A waste of time? Is that why I can't donate? Because I may have a higher risk of giving you a bad bag so you can't take twenty minutes out of your day in your empty, donor-less office to take my blood that could save three people? It just doesn't make any sense to me at all. Needless to say, I was thoroughly pissed off and offended today by the way she spoke to me. It's just so lame, seriously. Next time, "HAAAAY. I LYK VAGGiNNA! CN I DONAET NOW?!!1"

Old Frisbee = Pie Tin, Revenge of Kitchen Abandonment?
http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=33745.0
Quote from: a Hint of Lime
with a frisbee
in the face
and she bled everywhere

Seriously I felt awful.  Today at ultimate frisbee practice, we're doing this regular drill, and I threw a regular throw at a smallish distance (about 30 feet away), and she jumped forward to catch it and *somehow* it hit her in the face and caused all of the blood in her body to gush out of her nose.

I felt realllly bad :(  I swear to god, there was a 1-in-a-million chance of that frisbee hitting her nose at that exact speed at that exact angle in that exact place

:( :(

(at least she doesn't blame me lol)

Weekly Awards

Rip of the Week
CrystalAngel04's LTTP Village of Outcasts Rip
http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=33763.0
Quote from: CrystalAngel04
My first real tile set rip from Lttp. It looks a lil more disorganized than I woulda liked but oh well, I gets the job done... finding Dark World tiles elsewhere is a !@#$% so here finally is some.

Overworld Music of the Week
Theforeshadower's Zelda Music
I've been listening for half an hour now and it doesn't annoy me the least. The music fades to the background as long as you can do other stuff like exploring a dungeon.
Right.  I forgot to mention that this version I made would be played through several levels of a dungeon.  Thanks for the support.

EDIT: Here's another version I tried.  Just different instruments and tempo(touch faster).

Engine of the Week
Jeod's MMF2 Boomerang Engine
http://www.zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=33729.0
Quote from: Jeod
I made a GBC style boomerang engine in MMF2 for anyone to use. Actually, it can be used in any style.

Included in the zip
   -Boomerang Engine exe file
   -Boomerang Engine mfa file (MMF2)

Alternative download link:

Download

I posted this at GDU, too. In the tutorials and examples topic.

Big Question

Last week's question:If the Legend of Zelda ever became a movie, would you watch it?
Summary of answers: If it were a serious movie made by those close to the actual game series, then it might be alright and worth watching.

This week's question: Does the recent news of the Spirit Tracks make you more inclined to putting a train in your Zelda game?

Author of this week's issue: 4Sword

gm112

Re: ZFGC Weekly
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2009, 04:13:20 pm »
Answer: no.

Solution: Put Hoffy in charge of the Zelda games. He'll use his man-juice to make it strong.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
ZFGC Weekly
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 05:36:23 pm »
  • The Mike
I have no problem with it at all. It's about time they modernized the Zelda franchise a bit.

• Zelda Eternity

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2009, 05:21:51 am »
  • Silly cat!
It makes me want to put Link in space.

Hoffy.
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2009, 01:59:22 am »
It makes me want to put Link in space.
MuppetsHylians in Space!  Sorry I couldn't resist. lol
  • Super Fan Gamers!

gm112

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2009, 02:56:23 am »
The only way to make Link a man in Wind Waker-styled Zelda games is to take Hoffy's penis and glue it on Link.

Miles07

Knight of ERA
ZFGC Weekly
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2009, 04:45:09 am »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
Answer: NO. Nor would the inkling of that thought EVER EVEN ACCIDENTALLY cross my mind.
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

Zelda Items Spritesheet album (OUT OF DATE) - (link here)
A Link Across Time project - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Metroid) - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Zelda) - (link here)
Boss Keys project Trello Board - (link here)
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.207 seconds with 50 queries.