Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Down

Author Topic: [WIP] Legend of Zelda fan game  (Read 32369 times)

Re: [WIP] My Legend of Zelda fan game
« Reply #40 on: September 09, 2008, 12:36:52 am »
Hey everyone, posting after a little break. Ive been quite busy but ive managed to keep working on the game.

SURPRISE!

GRAPHICS SWITCH...lol, sorry to those who were fond of wind waker style, but i decided to change them. Anyways i will still include some cel-shaded art, if it makes sense like a mix of two styles.

I finally got the process down, it was challenging and took a lot of trial and error but i now know how to get him out of his game and get him into mine.

Right now i only have the basic animations but soon i will put up some more. Im also working on his house level. As you can see i got down the basic textures and level geometry. This is super basic so dont think it will stay like this.

Damn he looks pissed off.

PS i will probably be switching sites, as you can see by the pic links, and i will try to upload a new vid.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 01:02:35 am by edlucas1988 »
« Reply #41 on: September 09, 2008, 01:18:42 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
Hey cool, it looks really good. I don't mind the graphics change.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2008, 02:01:55 am »
Big step back for the graphics if you ask me, I don't mean to sound this harsh but I just lost a lot of interest in this project.
And please don't mix the styles, it never looks good- especially in 3D
« Reply #43 on: September 22, 2008, 08:05:43 pm »
  Hey everyone, its been a while since my last post and i just wanted to update all of you on whats happening. Well last time i said that i changed the graphics to twilight princess but something happened that made me change my mind.
  Ive changed the graphics back to the Wind Waker art style. I did this because i got so caught up with the realistic Twilight Princess graphics that i went overboard a bit. I created bloom shaders, i wanted stencils shadows, tons of decorative meshes like trees, stones, leaves, etc. that i just killed the framerate.
  The fact that i am making this game on a laptop that has a built-in graphics card hinders me a lot so i decided it was all or nothing so i switched back the wind waker style. To be honest i kind of missed it too, it grows on you.

And to add to that i made a new video. Ive been working enemy ai, and i came up with a moblin walking along a designated path inside a new level. I also streamlined the process of getting the animations and found the solution to jagged cel-shading (turns out that when i imported the models they had a bunch of isolated vertices so i just merged them). I also made some more advancements in facial expressions (everything except the eyebrows they dont change as of yet).

Here is a new video showing the level that for right now is just a test, a moblin is in the background walking along his path. Ignore any "glitches" you might see because everything is running at half the framerate its supposed to because of recording software (fraps).

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3SulEr5gGE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3SulEr5gGE</a>

Well i hope you like it and i will be making more vids of the ai progress. My goals for right now are: AI, HUD, key mapping actions, a few puzzle gameplay mechanics (push cube, moveable platforms, etc), sword attack combos, more enemies, more deco meshes, more levels. Most likely in that order.
« Reply #44 on: September 22, 2008, 08:39:10 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
Oh wow, that is amazing. This is what ZFGC should be about.

I really can't wait to try out a demo or something, amazing work!

Also I'm glad you went back to WW style :3
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #45 on: September 22, 2008, 10:58:11 pm »
Awesome, very glad you went back to WW graphics :)
« Reply #46 on: September 25, 2008, 05:58:45 pm »
hey guys, i have a question. I have all these twilight princess models lying around on my computer collecting dust and i was wondering if you would want some enemies converted to toon style and used in my fan game.

Here would be an example of the skeleton enemy cel-shaded in the engine...

Dont forget to check out http://www.freewebs.com/ed1988/ for all my latest progress.

Oh btw, on my sites home page at the right you now see google ads, those are the ones i put in, the ones at the top are from freewebs, so if you want to (im not forcing anyone) you can click there.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 06:00:37 pm by edlucas1988 »
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2008, 01:50:58 am »
Seriously...no one has anything to say. Come on i need some c&c. Does it fit, should i convert more?
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2008, 03:10:49 am »
  • ๏̯͡๏﴿
Looks cool...you should probably put in the Wind Waker Stalfoes though.

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2008, 05:29:23 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
I'm so happy you switched back to Wind Waker style! I do agree that a less "realistic" stalfos would flow better with the background. Wind Waker's textures for Characters were minimal colors, and for landscape everything seemed to be painterly approached :) Still super-stoked about this project! Keep it up! :D
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2008, 02:59:34 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
hey guys, i have a question. I have all these twilight princess models lying around on my computer collecting dust and i was wondering if you would want some enemies converted to toon style and used in my fan game.

Here would be an example of the skeleton enemy cel-shaded in the engine...

Dont forget to check out http://www.freewebs.com/ed1988/ for all my latest progress.

Oh btw, on my sites home page at the right you now see google ads, those are the ones i put in, the ones at the top are from freewebs, so if you want to (im not forcing anyone) you can click there.
Hmmm...I would say that this needs the Wind Waker stalfos as well. I wouldn't be mad if this TP stalfos got in (cel-shaded), but it just doesn't fit.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #51 on: September 30, 2008, 03:29:57 am »
Well i got the moblin in the level to patrol a path right, but then at certain times he can take random pauses. When the player gets close to it then the moblin turns to face the player and if the player gets too close he pushes you back.

I will post a new video up demonstrating the new ai stuff i created, next one the list is combat. Woop-woop.

[imgzoom]http://www.freewebs.com/ed1988/shot_0.jpg[/imgzoom]

« Last Edit: December 03, 2008, 11:26:03 pm by edlucas1988 »
« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2008, 07:57:27 pm »
Hey again, just wanted to say that my new video is up showing the progress that I was talking about before.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0jLoKM9htc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f0jLoKM9htc</a>
« Reply #53 on: October 01, 2008, 10:13:39 pm »
Wow this is best project here, I loved windwaker. I really am liking this game. BLimey your good!
« Reply #54 on: October 01, 2008, 10:55:56 pm »
  • Pichuscute
Dang, this looks really nice. You've got the movement down really well, and i loved Windwaker. The moblin looks pretty good, too. Also, you should stick with the Windwaker Stalfos.
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2008, 09:20:49 pm »
Hey everyone, im posting today to reveal a new project that i will be working on simultaneously with my wind waker-like 3d project. This one is 2d and uses the minish cap graphics. So far i have made pretty good progress and have the first level already designed.

Here is screencap of the whole level. Right now it is very much still a WIP but it is about 50% complete. I still need to add enemies, characters, animations for the water and some minor details.

Here is the video of it: Hope you like it!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTKFG9FbeqY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hTKFG9FbeqY</a>
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2008, 09:48:30 pm »
  • Pichuscute
Kool, this project looks really nice as well. Good luck with it.
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2008, 11:51:47 pm »
Wow you can really multitask. Cool project, but what i really like is how the trees fade when you walk behind them.
« Reply #58 on: December 03, 2008, 11:14:01 pm »
Hey everyone IM BACK FROM THE DEAD!

And i started working on the project again, but im cancelling all others projects cuz i really want to focus on this one only, cuz lets face it all my other stuff is crap compared to this.

So what i worked on for the last 2 days was moblins AI, its about 400 lines of code right now and its pretty simple but it works well and how i want it to so thats good. He pretty much reacts like you expect him to.

Havent done any player-side stuff so link pretty much just stands there (for now). The vid was recorded at a low resolution so the HUD is messed up.

Cheers.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGIBmhJLx5U" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGIBmhJLx5U</a>

DeathTailsz

Wanderer
« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2008, 07:49:49 am »
  • Angelic Hymn
Looks very well made, he looks a little slow, but meh, looks really good.

"More like Stupei Ace Defective!" - Yukari - Persona 3
  • StarFox 2D
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 78 queries.

anything