Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: My attempt at something Disney Styled....  (Read 2166 times)

CrystalAngel04

Resident ZFGC female
My attempt at something Disney Styled....
« on: September 03, 2008, 12:13:11 am »
  • \\*Caution*\\ The Internets: May contain Women

Basically what happens when I'm bored over labor day weekend and not feeling like filling out college transfer apps... C&C welcome and encouraged since it's my first shot at ever doing a background.
  • -= Crystal Angel Creations =-
Re: My attempt at something Disney Styled....
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2008, 12:14:48 am »
  • Super Hero Time!
Wow that's actually pretty good. It's not spot on Disney Style, but it's almost there :)

Looks like you've got the hang of it though. Also, I see that's you :P (It really does look like you a lot :|)

Keep practicing and you should get it eventually! (Also, didn't someone here work for Disney at one point doing art? :P)
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2008, 12:22:16 am »
Very nice, I see a lot of similar techniques and style as Disney art in the girl. But the water seems more oriental almost. Either way I like it all, especially the waves splashing up on the shore. And yeah, it does look like you a bit.
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2008, 12:30:20 am »
This is an excellent effort and you should be extremely proud of it. My best suggestion is to work on the area where she meets the sand. Right now it looks like she's floating over the sand: try to make it look like she's actually sitting in it.

A poor example, but it'll do. Pay special attention to the way he sinks into the sand.

"It is a terrible thing for a man to find out suddenly that all his life he has been speaking nothing but the truth" - Jack, The Importance of Being Ernest

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2008, 12:32:09 am »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
I think it's a bit of a self-portrait. A great picture that looks like a Disney still, imo. Great job.

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2008, 12:33:29 am »
Pretty good, main problem is the hands though
I can't offer any great advice with hands, I still suck at them, they require a lot of studying.

In the mean time, I'd just put her right hand behind her so both arms are supporting her, the whole right arm looks like it belongs to someone else
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2008, 01:00:32 am »
My first impression was that I thought it looked like her head was dunked in fudge.  Disney characters do tend to be gangly though, so the feet and hands seem alright, just too big for a woman in the Disney style - I think I am right in this, but looking at Belle, Ariel, and Cinderella, they all seem to have small hands (the hands shouldn't be the size of the forearms either to portray grace or something, this might just be that Disney women tend to be princesses).  Disney characters also don't nip, they are completely round; that's a weird thing to notice, oh well.  Maybe the neck could be altered too; that and maybe the face isn't big enough.  I don't know, Disney gets a little stereotypical in terms of women.

To be honest, I am no artist, I don't know.  It's better than what I could draw, that is for sure and it is pretty good.  Does Enchanted have Disney to human transitions that you could look from to improve your style?

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2008, 04:36:09 am »
  • Xiphirx
I dont like the hands, too detailed.
  • For The Swarm

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 04:44:57 am »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
Really nice work, Very Disney. Great job, I agree about the hands, just look at some Princess' hands and work on them. <3
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2008, 01:34:36 am »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Very nice, hands look a little strange, but hell I can't do hands any better.

btw, do you have a deviantart?  Don't know why I never asked you O_o

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2008, 03:00:58 am »
It does have a Disney-style ring to it. When I first saw it, my first impression was something like the little mermaid. The only thing that looks a little bit weird are the clouds in the back. To me, it doesn't blend in but everything else besides that does. Also as others have said, the hand does look a bit strange and looks kinda deformed, but drawing hands proportionally but also still making it look good is always a challenge...
Hm... I should probably put something here...

CrystalAngel04

Resident ZFGC female
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2008, 03:19:37 pm »
  • \\*Caution*\\ The Internets: May contain Women
Thanks guys for all the comments. I agree with everything you all are saying... especially the hands... can you say pain in the ass? lol I try to use my own hands as references for it and my hands are just weird lol But its hard really since I've originally learned to draw based around a more realistic style mixed with Anime/Manga influence so I'm quite a fan of some vague form of proportions so that's where the hands came in. Anything though on the background (namely the rocks)? I was concerned that they wouldn't fit in well...

Very nice, hands look a little strange, but hell I can't do hands any better.

btw, do you have a deviantart?  Don't know why I never asked you O_o

I do but I don't use it (I prolly should start though lol) Its under CrystalAngel04 (no surprise there XD)
  • -= Crystal Angel Creations =-
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2008, 07:00:23 am »
The good:
The colors used. They are very soft and fit well with the image. It does have a certain "Little Mermaid" feel to it. The shading on the long skirt part is nice. Your lines are nice and smooth. The background is very well done for your first time. Your soft approach to the background gives a sense of depth to the piece.

The bad:
As was said, the hands. The shadowing below her seems disconnected.

Overall though, a great piece.
  • Pyxosoft

Bludleef

Forum Dragon
« Reply #13 on: September 08, 2008, 03:31:16 am »
  • Everybody's Gotta Eat.
Nicely done, as usual. The only thing I would say is the sand thing that has already been pointed out. It kind of reminds me of Ariel. Good job over all  XD

SOME LINKS
 -> Bludsoft Productions
  • Bludsoft

Ryan

The only Canadian?
« Reply #14 on: September 08, 2008, 03:32:41 am »
That looks really awesome.
Amazing work.
You should do more of that style.
:D
  • Likes to Ramble
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 65 queries.