Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Do YOU collect?  (Read 3017 times)

Alex

kittens!
Do YOU collect?
« on: December 09, 2012, 09:37:36 pm »
  • fishy cakes~
Do any of you collect stuff? I myself collect comic books and action figures. My favourite would have to be Fantastic Four.
  • Personal Blog

thestig

Re: Do YOU collect?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2012, 10:24:00 pm »
http://imgur.com/a/alaR2

The box contents contains everything original, including posters and whatnot. I'm a Super NES fanatic. Also included a random high score pic from Star Fox 1.. because I'm so awesome at it that I manage to get a perfect 100 lol. (isgloating)

Alex

kittens!
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2012, 10:26:52 pm »
  • fishy cakes~
Sorry! We're busy running around with our hair on fire because Imgur is over capacity! This can happen when the site is under very heavy load, or while we're doing maintenance. Please try again in a few minutes.
  • Personal Blog

thestig

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2012, 10:28:31 pm »
lol. Reupload time, I guess?

Alex

kittens!
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2012, 10:47:14 pm »
  • fishy cakes~
Impressive merchandise you have there 8)
  • Personal Blog

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2012, 11:58:53 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
I love collecting things. For a while, it was manga; my best friend and I have the entire Berserk and Negima series in whole. When that phase flew away, I started collecting videogames. My PS3 collection makes me want to barf because I don't really have that much time to play all of them compulsively anymore. I also collect artist markers (more specifically, the Tria markers since we don't have Copics here in Canada). I guess I could consider myself a collector of League of Legends skins too -___-. Yeah, I like to collect stuff too.

gm112...dat SNES stuff. <3.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2012, 01:03:24 am »
  • It's the grineer
Well, my collection is mostly of... used handkerchief. I'm allergic to almost everything  :(.

Crim

Super Special Awesome
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2012, 01:07:26 am »
  • I'm Pro!
i collect a lot of stuff.

i have a very extensive collection of pokemon cards, football, baseball, and basketball.

i think my best collection that i enjoy collecting the most is video game consoles and games. i have a lot.
i also collect rocks, and coins, and pretty much anything that can be collected haha.
  • Crim is Pro!
« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2012, 02:22:02 am »
  • ...---^^^---...
I think somebody here should take on the task of collecting collections...  It doesn't matter what it is...  As long as it is somebody's collection it must be collected in order to complete your collection of collections.  Think of all the stuff you could have in a short period of time!  ;)

spectrumbranch

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2012, 02:59:19 am »
yes i always call collect my parents hate it but i love to call collect
« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2012, 03:36:24 am »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Unemployment.

Or I use to anyway xD

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2012, 03:54:47 am »
If I had the time/money, I'd totally do the AVGN style and collect every console and game possible.  I still have a plastic container in the basement filled with MLB, NFL, NBA, Gulf War, and Magic the Gathering(from around 1998, in near mint) cards.  Have a few big names from mid 90s: John Elway, Steve Young, Brett Farve, Deon Sanders, Scotty Pippin,...  Yeah, I know I am one of the few here that enjoy pro sports.

Other than that, I used to collect instruction manuals that came with games.  Not really for a collection but for good reading material back when I was a kid.

Used to collect computers and laptops.  Maybe I'll take a pic one day of all my systems turned on that still work.  Two desktops and four laptops... 

Sprites...got thousands just chillin on drives.  I even have burnt CDs from pre-zfgc with Zelda fan-games and sprites, proof that Oot2d didnt really start the fan-game craze as there were 20 or so decent fan-games floating around ths net before zfgc and Minish Cap or hell, Gamecube was even out....back when OoT was referred to as Zelda 5 or Zelda 64.

Went off track there ;3
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #12 on: December 10, 2012, 04:22:14 am »
  • It's in your ear!
Of all my collecting obsessions my biggest is magic the gathering cards, from Invasion 1999 to the present (Return to Ravnica). I used to collect pokemon cards but they were all stolen, and I quit collecting yugioh cards about a year ago, the game wasn't fun to me anymore. When I was younger I did collect rocks, shells, coins, milk ads too. That's my collecting in a nutshell.

Crim

Super Special Awesome
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2012, 05:00:05 am »
  • I'm Pro!
so, anybody selling their collection of old game systems? lol.

Of all my collecting obsessions my biggest is magic the gathering cards, from Invasion 1999 to the present (Return to Ravnica).

also i noticed your pic Scalpelexis from judgement. good card from a good set lol.
  • Crim is Pro!
« Reply #14 on: December 18, 2012, 06:04:28 am »
When it comes to the concept of collecting, it is a very strong hobby of mine. I love collecting certain figurines (Kingdom Hearts, Final Fantasy, Assassin's parkour, etc.), certain weaponry (I own Aragorn's sword, Frodo's sword, Link's Master Sword from Ocarina of Time, etc.), drum/percussion equipment (the drum/percussion nerd in me lol), and many other categories. Maybe I'll post and rant more soon  :P
Scott R. Genovese
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2012, 11:53:50 am »
I collect music, it started with the two big psychedelic jam bands, Phish and Grateful Dead. Because of the nature of the live shows, with lots of moments of full band improv and collectively and spontaneously creating and building music, it makes it worthwhile to own 10+ versions of certain songs.

So I don't really collect anything, maybe I would collect guitars or instruments in general if I had the money and time.
14,186 songs on my external harddrive however, is a collection I guess you could say.
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2012, 10:53:22 pm »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
I collect fortunes from fortune cookies. Some day I plan on making a song with lyrics only made of fortunes. Also, I collect cinema tickets from movies that I go to see in theaters. Besides that, nothing really special. Though I do search out and collect the best digital fan art of my favorite video games, like Zelda and Cave Story.

If I was rich beyond belief, I would design custom guitars and have a ton of them made. So far, I've only had the money to make one custom electric guitar. It was supposed to be the first of about 3, all of which would have my personal custom signature design on them, but I just didn't have the money to continue (I decided to go for video game development instead of a musical career, so any extra money has been going towards that).

This is what my sig inlay looks like though:
And here is a pic with the whole guitar (mostly) to get a better look at it:

Turns out it will only be one of a kind, rather than a collection, but it totally would be a collection if I had the money. Instead, I can only afford the fortunes and cinema tickets. Even cinema tickets are few and far between though, because I can't spend much on going to the movies anymore.
  • My Music
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2012, 05:14:27 am »
In addition to the categories I mentioned previous, I don't know why I forgot to mention that I love buying and collecting recordings/vinyl/CDs, etc.! XD

I own over 500 albums (singles, full-length, etc.) and over 50 vinyls. It's great to see as years pass by what you own and what is still to be owned. Never ending yet lovely procedure  :D
Scott R. Genovese
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2012, 10:14:14 am »
I collect games I suppose...not really anything tangible. Kind of a shame.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 76 queries.