Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: NPC Sprites  (Read 15329 times)

Re: NPC Sprites
« Reply #20 on: April 02, 2016, 04:11:26 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Ultimately the decision for accepting Tilo will be up to Ash since it's her creation.  But great job, the hair looks fantastic!

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #21 on: April 02, 2016, 08:12:50 pm »
  • Master Of Disaster
Tried to fix Tilo a bit. I kinda went overboard with the messy hair, but I think it works in her favor. Her dress still needs some work though.

just did a few edits if you don't mind ;-)

if you mind, then maybe some idea bringing stuff...

edit: i looked at the wiki though
I actually really like the face and the hair is also cool. Did some edits and combined parts from both. The left one is yue's original and the one on the right is the edit.

.TakaM was here
  • Lumeuni

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #22 on: April 02, 2016, 11:57:37 pm »
  • .越//
Tried to fix Tilo a bit. I kinda went overboard with the messy hair, but I think it works in her favor. Her dress still needs some work though.

I actually really like the face and the hair is also cool. Did some edits and combined parts from both. The left one is yue's original and the one on the right is the edit.

looks good, even though i don't like the fat arms since the artworks showed them thin and resting on the hips like some kind of know-it-all... the hair has definitly more volume with you, but the only thing i didn#t like about mine was the shading, since i'm not used to spriting since a long time and came from the nightshift as i made that ;P

won't be editing another one and your new skirt is actually nicer than before

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2016, 02:04:54 am »
  • www.mouffers.com

looks good, even though i don't like the fat arms since the artworks showed them thin and resting on the hips like some kind of know-it-all... the hair has definitly more volume with you, but the only thing i didn#t like about mine was the shading, since i'm not used to spriting since a long time and came from the nightshift as i made that ;P

won't be editing another one and your new skirt is actually nicer than before

Since it's tough in general to make thin sprites, I really don't mind if you keep the chubby arms. They're kinda cute, actually.
  • Starforsaken101's DeviantART
More NPC´s
« Reply #24 on: May 04, 2016, 05:04:53 pm »
  • Just call me Brad
I added the previous arms to Tilo, I liked them better. I also animated the ghost tail she has.
I attempted to make Abigail, head of the Gerudo Fortress and Bernice the crazy cat lady. The rest are or already done, or from minish cap. We could reuse some of MC´s NPC´s for some characters, just tweak them a little.

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #25 on: May 04, 2016, 07:41:16 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com
These are looking great! This might be nitpicking but I think the skin tone of Aladdin should be darker, unless we purposely created an easter egg of Aladdin to be white.

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #26 on: May 04, 2016, 11:35:39 pm »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
These are looking great! This might be nitpicking but I think the skin tone of Aladdin should be darker, unless we purposely created an easter egg of Aladdin to be white.
Then shouldn't we also make his clothes the proper colors, as well?
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

Zelda Items Spritesheet album (OUT OF DATE) - (link here)
A Link Across Time project - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Metroid) - (link here)
Boss Keys project (Zelda) - (link here)
Boss Keys project Trello Board - (link here)

Starforsaken101

Wake the Beast
« Reply #27 on: May 05, 2016, 04:47:04 pm »
  • www.mouffers.com

No. This is purely a skin tone issue to avoid people complaining about white washing a clearly arabic character.
« Reply #28 on: May 05, 2016, 04:50:39 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything

No. This is purely a skin tone issue to avoid people complaining about white washing a clearly arabic character.

Yyyeep.  We all know it'll happen too!

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2016, 12:11:15 am »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
BTW who made the monkey sprite?
I was talking to my friend last night, and he was mentioning about how in 1980, he thought the internet would become this amazing place where people from across the world would share ideas. I was telling him about how this project [KOT] has worked, lurching along for years and drawn by different people from across the globe, and he thought it was beautiful. And he was right, it's awesome. :D

« Reply #30 on: May 06, 2016, 05:13:24 am »
  • Just call me Brad
BTW who made the monkey sprite?
Darklink, I credited him on the first post
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2016, 12:24:02 am »
  • It's just Max.

To be honest, it'd be sweet if we used varied skin tones for all the characters, rather than having the generic medieval England setting always used in fantasy settings.

Also, the bio for Aladdin says he's 65 years old ( http://wiki.zfgc.com/KOT:Aladdin ), so it might also be reasonable to give him grey hair and/or a beard.

Also unless there's "character speaking" labels above the text boxes, probably most people playing the game won't even know the NPC's name, right?

Miles07

Knight of ERA
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2016, 01:07:37 am »
  • Long live the Chaos!!
... rather than having the generic medieval England setting always used in fantasy settings.

I blame Japan's love of feudal and medieval Europe for this. Zelda, Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy...

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2016, 05:39:09 am »
  • .越//
... rather than having the generic medieval England setting always used in fantasy settings.

I blame Japan's love of feudal and medieval Europe for this. Zelda, Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy...

For Japan, the West is as Exotic as for us is the East...
But if one, wants to have something new you have to do it yourself ;)

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.2 seconds with 66 queries.