Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Smash Brothers DS please!  (Read 7111 times)

Re: Smash Brothers DS please!
« Reply #40 on: June 22, 2008, 04:12:51 am »
  • Super Hero Time!
Of the analog stick simulator? I'll take a picture tomorrow. Too lazy to take one now. Lemmee see if I can google it. I think MadCatz made it...

Edit: Google doesn't show anything... I guess it's that rare now. O_O I bought it at Walmart back when Mario 64 DS was the only game worth buying for the DS...
Yea, it's made by MadCatz.  There's another one called the Thylus, though.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6uDfIj_qvE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6uDfIj_qvE</a>

LOL That thing looks like it's worth 20 cents.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #41 on: June 22, 2008, 04:14:38 am »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese
It looks like something you could make yourself in about 3 minutes.
« Reply #42 on: June 22, 2008, 03:07:19 pm »
  • Modrill made the avatar. I command you to like it.
Of the analog stick simulator? I'll take a picture tomorrow. Too lazy to take one now. Lemmee see if I can google it. I think MadCatz made it...

Edit: Google doesn't show anything... I guess it's that rare now. O_O I bought it at Walmart back when Mario 64 DS was the only game worth buying for the DS...
Yea, it's made by MadCatz.  There's another one called the Thylus, though.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6uDfIj_qvE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6uDfIj_qvE</a>

Yeah, the one I have isn't the Thylus one. :/ I like mine better- this one looks weird... The Madcatz one, you can tilt your thumb and it will respond more or less like the analog stick. The only thing I don't like is the strap.

My Brawl FC is 1289-8196-4511. Don't expect me to be on all the time though.
  • Super Smash Karts

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #43 on: June 22, 2008, 03:26:05 pm »
  • The Mike
It looks pretty weird. Why not just make a traditional analog stick attachment which is shaped like a controller which would plug into the GBA Slot?

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #44 on: June 22, 2008, 04:29:47 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
It looks pretty weird. Why not just make a traditional analog stick attachment which is shaped like a controller which would plug into the GBA Slot?

Wait... wow that's a !@#$% great idea. It would actually kind of simlate the N64 controller too. (Direction Pad on the left, Analouge Stick in the middle, button on the right)... Hot.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #45 on: June 22, 2008, 04:52:26 pm »
  • The Mike

Wait... wow that's a !@#$% great idea. It would actually kind of simlate the N64 controller too. (Direction Pad on the left, Analouge Stick in the middle, button on the right)... Hot.
I was thinking more along the lines of the GCN controller but that sounds good too. The Three-Handed controller back in action on a handheld.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #46 on: June 22, 2008, 05:14:35 pm »
  • And if they dont dance, they're no friend of mine
My complaint with every Smash game except the first one:
Up for jump.

Why?  It accidentally hit up so many times.  I prefer a simple button.
Hence, if Up on the D-Pad was jump, I would only play Smash DS with my Phat.
Those of you who have both a Phat and Lite know the reason why.
I don't know the reason why, actually. Maybe you just have bigger hands?

But, seriously, there's other buttons to jump besides up. On the 64 you could use the C buttons to jump. On the Gamecube you could use X and Y to jump. <_<
He means accidentally jumping due to pressing up on the D-Pad on accident.
EDIT: Just looked at one of the DSLites I have in my house. It does seem to like to slip and press up quite a bit easier. I don't really see what the problem would really be though, then again, I can conform to any controls in a matter of minutes.

The problem I'm talking about is just... you have more control and can turn faster and stuff with an analogue stick. Go play Super Mario 64 DS and you'll see what I mean. Moving around is so !@#$%, especially compared to Super Mario 64. I could do so many things in that game that I can't do anymore because of the Directional Pad.
Well, there was the touch mode in SM64DS. Though it might be harder to incorporate into a Smash Bros. DS.
And the fact that, given the choice, I would prefer analogue stick > D-Pad > Touch Screen. Of course, I guess I wouldn't complain with either of the first two too badly, I just really hated the "Touch Screen = analogue stick" !@#$% they were trying to pull.

I totally agree about SM64DS, but i think itd be better on a SSBDS because you only move along two axis, up/down and across. It still wouldnt be as good using the D-Pad as the analouge stick, but would be better then the !@#$% contorls on SM64DS.

Art by Kyuumu, banner by me
Screw this, im off to Hogwarts...
« Reply #47 on: June 22, 2008, 06:40:07 pm »
Honestly, Smash Bros DS probably wouldn't work too well.

The DS has pretty big lack of buttons for SSB.
Are you !@#$% kidding me? Super Smash Brothers Brawl can be played with only the Wiimote...

luigi

MoFD
« Reply #48 on: June 22, 2008, 06:49:42 pm »

I was thinking more along the lines of the GCN controller but that sounds good too. The Three-Handed controller back in action on a handheld.

The analog thing would be pretty cool. But I like the idea of just the DS. That'd be so cool. :D
­200th post (09/20/07)
300th post (12/01/07)
400th post (2/11/08)
500th post (5/07/08)
600th post (7/21/08)

MK Wii: 2750 1625 1262
Brawl: 3523-1727-8440

Gamertag: cyborgwhale
  • Cyborg Whale's Twitter

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #49 on: June 22, 2008, 07:15:16 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
This is a first. People AGREEING with Hyrule_boy. Wow. This is a sign of the apocalypse.
Actually, I'm just kidding here. Because I actually agree as well. It would be easy. And I never used the C-Buttons in the original anyways. Maybe you could slide the stylus a certain direction to do it. They got the stylus directionality down with MvDK 2 so they could have it here. Slide up for C-Up, down for C-Down, left and right for C-Left and C-Right. Or slide up across the character to jump. Many possibilities for this. I think they should do this. For sure!

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
« Reply #50 on: June 22, 2008, 08:11:43 pm »

Are you !@#$% kidding me? Super Smash Brothers Brawl can be played with only the Wiimote...
That's not saying it's fun.

Jump Ultimate Stars is getting as close as it can get to a Smash Bros. DS. And there won't and there shouldn't be any other attempt.
  • Me on deviantART

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2008, 08:13:35 pm »
  • The Mike
This is a first. People AGREEING with Hyrule_boy. Wow. This is a sign of the apocalypse.
I'm not agreeing with him. I just like the idea and I've thought about it many times before.

• Zelda Eternity

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2008, 08:16:10 pm »
The very next sentence says I was kidding, which I thought wiuld imply that the first line can be disregarded. Regardless, it is a good idea.
ATTN: NINTENDO! MAKE THIS! DO IT NOW!

• Mirby Studios
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2008, 09:36:15 pm »
  • (b'-')b Jesus Guitar d('-'d)
Because it's unnecessary when you have INNOVAYSHUN.
T H I R T Y - T H R E E   T H R E E

Blog | Myspace | Facebook | Clan LmS
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2008, 10:29:50 pm »
  • Modrill made the avatar. I command you to like it.

That's not saying it's fun.

Jump Ultimate Stars is getting as close as it can get to a Smash Bros. DS. And there won't and there shouldn't be any other attempt.

My smile has been upturned. :(

I played Smash with the Wiimote. It's not horrible, really. Plus, the DS has more face buttons than the Wiimote does (well, accessible face buttons for playing Smash.) Just take a look a the control scheme I made up (which is close to what others have made up.)

And Jump is awesome! >:(

My Brawl FC is 1289-8196-4511. Don't expect me to be on all the time though.
  • Super Smash Karts
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2008, 10:35:32 pm »
I think you all fail to realize that Super Smash Brothers is not only a single-player game. Are you all honestly telling me that you all want a Super Smash Brothers game that is designed specifically to play it by yourself?

The only reason that I have ever played Super Smash Brothers by myself is to unlock all the characters and stages. It is a rather boring game to play alone.

Lets take a look at some of the potential issues. As mentioned, the Nintendo DS has limitations.

The control scheme is just one of the very minor limitations, and has already been addressed. I personally do not think that this should have been addressed to begin with though, as for the Nintendo DS has more than enough buttons for a Super Smash Brothers game.

The Nintendo DS should be more than capable of handling an "advanced" version of Super Smash Brothers for the Nintendo 64, so there should not be any hardware specific limitations.

One of the limitations that comes from the Nintendo DS itself is the screen resolution. To put it simply, the Nintendo DS does not have a big enough screen to play Super Smash Brothers decently. Have you ever tried playing Super Smash Brothers on a screen as small as the one on the Nintendo DS? When the camera zooms out, it is damn near impossible to tell where you are and what you are doing. The resolution would defiantly be one major limitation that they would have to find a way of working around.

By all means the Nintendo DS is capable of handling a Super Smash Brothers game, so the next step would be to look into the market. This is what would most likely prevent Nintendo from producing a Super Smash Brothers game for the Nintendo DS.

Is there enough of a demand for a Super Smash Brothers game on the Nintendo DS? I don't know about you, but where I live, I only know of a couple people that actually play these games by themselves. Most of the demand for this product comes from the ability to play it with a group of friends. Take that away, and you're taking away a large chunk of the market.

The public is a highly important part to any series such as this one. The image of the series must remain high in order for people to keep purchasing new games. I'm sure that a lot of people would go out and purchase a Super Smash Brothers version for the Nintendo DS simply because of its name. That does not mean that they will enjoy playing it alone. And therefore, suddenly Nintendo has ruined the image of all the fans who did not enjoy playing this game alone.

Although I am personally against this idea because Super Smash Brothers should not become a single-player game, you must also realize that there are a lot of other issues that would prevent them from creating a Super Smash Brothers game on the Nintendo DS.

I apologize for my lack of more details, but I am really tired at the moment and I need to take a nap.

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2008, 10:42:40 pm »
Ahem. WiFi? Download play? It would work quite well!

• Mirby Studios
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2008, 10:53:12 pm »
Exactly, the DS has enough multiplayer functions!
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2008, 11:00:35 pm »
Exactly, the DS has enough multiplayer functions!

It seems pointless to play Super Smash Brothers with your friends over WiFi when they're sitting right next to you, and through my experiences, the Nintendo DS does not have the best built-in WiFi. As for download play, if it takes 5 minutes to download simple minigames, I do not want to think about how long it would take to download a Super Smash Brothers game. And why not just turn your console on and enjoy it on an actual TV and play it how it's meant to be played?

Hoffy

Hero of Fire
« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2008, 11:33:00 pm »
  • Silly cat!
Yeah, Nintendo should release this game. And release it this year.

Too long has it been since Nintendo has released a good game on the DS.

Hoffy.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.235 seconds with 73 queries.

anything