Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Super Mario Bros. Blitz  (Read 12461 times)

Super Mario Bros. Blitz
« on: September 02, 2008, 01:58:09 am »
Super Mario Bros. Blitz is a fan-game Soapy and I have decided to make. It's going to be a traditional side-scroller Mario game, with custom sprites. Story probably same as usual, Bowser kidnaps Princess Peach and Mario goes off to rescue her. It will all be one large side-scrolling world rather than level by level gameplay. Soapy and I will code it in BlitzMax, Uma and I will sprite. I still need a musician. If anyone would like to be a composer please speak up.

« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 11:20:12 pm by Moldrill »

Kingknight

SiMelon
Re: Super Mario Bros. Dusk
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2008, 02:33:58 am »
  • The Hunter
ooh I would like to be a composer I just started writing some songs you can check my music page to hear some samples
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2008, 06:27:06 am »
Fortunately they've got me :P.
Perhaps... or perhaps not.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 09:49:37 am »
  • Minalien
It will all be one large side-scrolling world rather than level by level gameplay.
The severe amount of ill logic in that makes me sick. :/
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2008, 10:37:35 am »
ooh I would like to be a composer I just started writing some songs you can check my music page to hear some samples
While your songs are decent, they are simple and have almost no melody.

Fortunately they've got me :P.
Perhaps... or perhaps not.
Naw, I wouldn't want to waste your time on a fan-game unless you actually want to. I'd be happy to have you on the team though, it's your call for fan-games.

It will all be one large side-scrolling world rather than level by level gameplay.
Whoops, I worded things a bit wrong there. I meant that it's an open world. You can backtrack and explore in all directions at all times. There are different screens, but not individual levels. Like Metroid or Cave Story.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 10:41:09 am by Moldrill »
« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2008, 10:51:35 pm »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
Whoops, I worded things a bit wrong there. I meant that it's an open world. You can backtrack and explore in all directions at all times. There are different screens, but not individual levels. Like Metroid or Cave Story.
Dude! That's a sweet idea! So, will you still have powerups? How will that work?

Edit: Oops, thanks Metakirby.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2008, 09:20:30 pm by Kylink »
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2008, 10:55:58 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
I think your words are stuck in the quote, Kylink. Might want to fix that...

Great idea!

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2008, 11:01:10 pm »
Kylink, power-ups will still be in '?' Blocks around the world. The item inside replenishes itself if you wait long enough. In this game you don't have Big Mario to Little Mario to Game Over. You have only one Mario (big mario). In the start of the game you have 3 HP. By finding Mushroom Retainers scattered across the world you can increase your max HP by 1. Fire Flowers do the same thing as they always have. Also further in the game you will get a Hammer to kill Spiked Goombas and things without a Fire Flower.

Work begins tomorrow probably with placeholder sprites
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2008, 01:21:06 am »
Any ideas on name changes? I'm not really digging the current one. Also I made the story a little more interesting. :-*

Princess Peach has gone missing. The obvious suspect is Bowser again. Mario sets off immediately to Bowser's fortress. But just as he arrives and Bowser claims he's innocent, he too vanishes into thin air. Something strange is happening in the Mushroom Kingdom, and Mario is off to find out.

I'm not going to spoil the ending silly! ;)
Re: Super Mario Bros. Blitz
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2008, 05:14:43 pm »

Custom Mario sprite done by Uma. Goomba and Question-mark Block coming soon
« Reply #10 on: September 06, 2008, 06:00:56 pm »
Goomba added. Also, apologies for the four-post.

Mirby

Drifter
« Reply #11 on: September 06, 2008, 06:05:40 pm »
  • To bomb or not to bomb...
TTRAPOST!
Also, C-C-C-COMBO BREAKER! And this looks, and sounds, good, Moldrill!

Mirby Studios | Share & Enjoy now available! (Links above!) | Games I've Beaten
Quote from: Mamoruanime
I like-like it :D
  • Mirby Studios
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2008, 06:09:11 pm »
« Last Edit: September 06, 2008, 07:18:53 pm by Moldrill »
« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2008, 06:41:34 pm »
  • Super Hero Time!
If this project gets farther and shows more progress, I might be interested in doing some tiles.
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2008, 06:59:39 pm »
If this project gets farther and shows more progress, I might be interested in doing some tiles.

Thanks, I'm not too confident in my own tiling skills. The sky works, but the ground doesn't fit in exactly in my opinion. Coding starts tonight. :)
« Reply #15 on: September 06, 2008, 08:35:03 pm »
  • Lionfish App dev

I'm helping sprite now too. I made a little scene here, and things I've sprited for it include:

•New grass tiles (I've actually done all eight directions of these, it's just not necessary for the mockup)
•Bricks
•New Question-mark Block
•Empty Question-mark Block
  • Lionfish Apps
« Reply #16 on: September 06, 2008, 09:26:49 pm »
I like the idea, and everything but IMO the Mario seems abit deform. one arm is bigger than the otherone, hmm and about the tiles I really like the retro look, try to get some inspiration fro nes mario for the grass. :P
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2008, 09:28:42 pm »
  • Minalien

I'm helping sprite now too. I made a little scene here, and things I've sprited for it include:

•New grass tiles (I've actually done all eight directions of these, it's just not necessary for the mockup)
•Bricks
•New Question-mark Block
•Empty Question-mark Block
The shading of Mario really... doesn't look that great with how the rest of the game's images are drawn. it's too dark compared to the lighter colors of the rest; On top of that, he looks pretty far out of proportion to the rest of the game. It just... doesn't look all that great together. I do agree with Kren on the point that you need to make the grass tiles look more like those found in Mario.
There's such a double standard about religion in the modern world. Catholics can gather, wear white robes, and say "In nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritus Sancti" and be considered normal.

But if my friends and I gather, wear black robes, and say  "Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn", we're considered cultists.
  • Development Blog
« Reply #18 on: September 06, 2008, 09:55:09 pm »
I agree with mostly everything you two have said. I think that everything should be sprited and shaded more like how Mario is. And Kren, one arm isn't bigger than the other. The perspective is angled so that you can just see his other arm a little bit. Basically I only like the sky and the grass. The goomba is decent, but needs some editing. I'll work on it.
« Reply #19 on: September 06, 2008, 10:27:10 pm »
I agree with mostly everything you two have said. I think that everything should be sprited and shaded more like how Mario is. And Kren, one arm isn't bigger than the other. The perspective is angled so that you can just see his other arm a little bit. Basically I only like the sky and the grass. The goomba is decent, but needs some editing. I'll work on it.
Yes I understand that, but the arm you can't see seems chopped, I recommend you to make the long arm one pixel short, and make the small arm the same lenght, it will look good, then I reccomend you to improve the shading in the arms since right now it looks weird, just add light colour above the top line and delete the two lines.. then add the other eye, and clean the outline, since they are some pixels that look off. Oh and also move the botons in his cloth, one is in the middle of the two o.O. but I do like the use of black colour.. that might be just me.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 74 queries.

anything