Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Ocarina of Time 2D Discussion  (Read 1319 times)

Jeod

Team Dekunutz, Doubleteam
Ocarina of Time 2D Discussion
« on: October 21, 2008, 12:04:32 am »
No, this isn't really another game else it'd be in WIP. Just an OoT2D discussion. As we all know, there have been many attempts at the conversion from 3D to 2D, and there are many in progression now. But why do they seem to fail so much? Is it because of the programming, or graphics? Is it because of people trying to make a job too big?

I'd like to know what everyone expects from an OoT2D game now. If it were done in LttP style, would you expect some updated graphics to actually make it a more custom style (like TRM's), or would you be fine with the regular LttP tiles used cleverly to make better looking dungeons and areas?

If done in MC style, would you be fine with the original MC gfx, or expect a more custom style to this one too? (Xifixium)
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

Zelda GBC+ Engine for Multimedia Fusion 2
  • Doubleteam Project Page
Re: Ocarina of Time 2D Discussion
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2008, 12:35:09 am »
Moved To Discussion.

Anyway I think the main reason they fail is simply because of the work load involved, and the assets that need to be created. I don't think programming is the problem, I could finish of a complete OOT2D engine in a few weeks. No, I think the problem is the huge deal of images, sounds, music, maps and so on that need to be created. I don't think anyone here has the talent, time and commitment to create everything involved. I don't think they realise just how big a task it is when they start :S.

Jeod

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2008, 12:38:33 am »
Agreed, but do the fans waiting on said game expect it to be sheer awesomeness? It might look that way at first but then it gets to be too much for the makers. Would a regular LttP style with almost no edits be accepted as a 'good' OoT2D?
"You should challenge your fates. When all else fails, you can still die fighting." ~Yune

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2008, 01:30:39 am »
I think a big reason they fail is that you're translating to 2d but people still try not to lose else in the process. If the remakes were interpretations and just omitted some of the superfluous stuff they could be really fun and exciting in their own right. They would progress way faster that way.
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2008, 01:40:59 am »
  • Super Hero Time!
Basically people start it thinking it's nothing then it turns out to be WAY more than they thought then they just give up.

Or some people do it for publicity. (TRM, Dampe, etc.)
!@#$% I lost my entire post, god dammit.

Jeod

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2008, 02:05:09 am »
*Jeod has a new avatar*

Anyway, I really wanted to know if anyone would accept the gfx if original LttP dungeon tiles (recolored) were used in an OoT2D dungeon.

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 47 queries.

anything