Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hey, it's a tree.  (Read 2226 times)

Hey, it's a tree.
« on: September 30, 2008, 11:31:09 pm »

Hey, (if you can ignore the subpar shading on the trunk) please advise on how to make the perspective line up properly with the leaves, or just feel free to have a go at it.  Thanks much.
Re: Hey, it's a tree.
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2008, 03:06:26 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
It looks a little uneven, but that just might be me. I don't know, it looks like its up too high. The perspective seems to be facing down onto it, and yet it seems to high up? It's hard to explain.
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2008, 03:17:19 am »
  • I just saved Hyrule! I'd say that's worth a kiss.
Please, I beg you to continue perfecting this. I !@#$% hate Minish Cap's short-ass trees. TREES ARE NOT THAT SHORT. THEY SHOULD NOT LOOK LIKE BIG SHRUBS. Thank you.

I myself prefer to graft Minish Cap Tree heads onto LttP Tree trunks. Looks rather nice if you ask me.

We may as well call it "Small Forum Populated by a Few People Who Make Fangames, Mostly About Zelda, But More Often Talk About Other Nintendo Franchises Central"
"SFPFPWMF,MAZ,BMOTAONFC" for short.
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2008, 05:48:35 am »
Yeah, now that I look at it, it might be too high up, although I'm fairly certain that can be fixed by just changing the lighting on the trunk.  Thing is, like Aliento said, the trees in Minish Cap are just flat-out wrong.  They're impossibly short, it's like they just got lazy and decided to have forests full of bushes.
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2008, 11:49:11 am »
  • I need something new to put here...
The Minish Cap perspective demands the smal roots, otherwise they don't work IMO
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2008, 08:55:58 pm »
Exhibit A:

Not only does it look something like a bush held up by a series of trunks, but it is clearly lower than that ledge.  And that is a tiny ledge.

If that's a tree, I'm Martin Van Buren.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 08:57:32 pm by Nabeshin »
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2008, 10:27:52 pm »
Exhibit A:

Not only does it look something like a bush held up by a series of trunks, but it is clearly lower than that ledge.  And that is a tiny ledge.

Hi Martin, that's a tree.
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2008, 10:43:21 pm »
  • I need something new to put here...
Exhibit A:

Well y'see sometimes game developers decide to make things work, such as now, and do this small graphical things which end up better for gameplay in the end.
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2008, 12:12:49 am »
  • Don't Worry Sir, I'm From The Internet.
Exhibit A:

How is it a tiny ledge if Link can't climb it?
Grimace is the demiurge, the creator. From him all things in McDonaldland have sprung. He is not a sin, he's not a menu item, he's just Grimace. He exists. He rolls his lidless eyes and flaps his lipless mouth, formless and terrible, a protean idiot thing from the depths of pre-history.
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2008, 04:31:49 am »
It's probably one and a half times the size of Link.  I wouldn't be able to climb a ledge that high above me, but I would certainly call it short.  And what do you call a tree that's at or just over your height?  A bush.

A hedge if you want to be picky.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.426 seconds with 58 queries.

anything