Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: World of Warcraft - Tell me about it.  (Read 3044 times)

World of Warcraft - Tell me about it.
« on: July 30, 2006, 07:15:01 pm »
  • n___n
Before anyone asks, yes, I did read Gamespot's and IGN's reviews and watched a video review. But I want to know what it's like from a player perspective.

Should I join the horde or alliance? Tell me the pros and cons of the races and classes. I'd want to be a Dark Elf or Troll. Just, tell me about the game from a players perspective.
yo yo yo

araknid_kid@yahoo.com = email and MSN
HellsExecutionR = AIM
araknidude = XBox Live gamertag
Re: World of Warcraft - Tell me about it.
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2006, 12:04:55 am »
It's not Dark Elf. It's Night Elf.
Drow = Sneaky underground evil peeps.
Nelf = Moonlight tree huggers.
Horde is harder, and more adults play horde.
Alliance is lighter/easier, more kids play alliance.
I would suggest Alliance for you. Honestly, I wish I rolled alliance instead of horde.
It basically creates a new life for you, one you spend hours playing. It's some big dedication thing. I have a lot of fun playing it, but I realize it is a waste of my life and a waste of time. But golly gee is it fun. I suggest playing it, but don't get to emmersed in it.

Anyways, roll Alliance. Don't be a paladin. (Be a priest or a warrior, they are ALWAYS needed for groups.)
Oldschool.

Limey

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2006, 02:40:35 am »
Its pretty boring, don't bother getting it.

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2006, 02:45:23 am »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
After going through the hassle of instaling this to run well, and dealing with account info, credit card malfuctions. You will begin your game, after getting bored of it, you will most likely sit alone in a darkened room chewing on a dollar bill saying "why?" Just trust me its not worth it.
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2006, 07:09:54 am »
One word....GET IT.Its the most popular mmorpg in the world. 6.1 million people play it.and ped just said that cause his comp cant run it.its so addictive.go horde and go on a server called stormscale.I play 3-8 hours a day and have a lvl 38 undead priest named abcgum.GO horde cause they are funner.alli have a bad name on the game.there known for geting mad easily and when you gank them they get a 60 then when you get a 60 they get a guild.and Gnomes suck!
so be horde and be one of these.

tauren warrior
undead priest
troll rogue
orc warlock

get the game.its good.

Drake_Miriel

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2006, 07:44:29 am »
WoW eats your soul, man. I've lost innumerable friends to WoW, and I'm serious contemplating joining an Anti-WoW group because it's become unberable. Every time I am able to coax my friends out of their rooms, all they talk about is their characters. It pisses me off.
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2006, 10:14:03 am »
WoW eats your soul, man. I've lost innumerable friends to WoW, and I'm serious contemplating joining an Anti-WoW group because it's become unberable. Every time I am able to coax my friends out of their rooms, all they talk about is their characters. It pisses me off.

If you have that little self-control I think you should stay away from such addictive games. ;>

I myself play WoW every day and it's not for nothing it's the biggest MMORPG in the world. Though I'm warning you, if you're a weak minded person, you'll easily get stuck in the game, and it could have consequences on your real life. It's a great game after all.

thenoblesheep

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2006, 02:20:03 pm »
I'd recommend to evade playing this game at all cost, MMORPG's are dangerous! A few years ago I was engrossed in Runescape, one of the worst MMORPG's out there. As I was playing it I made fun of it, but even that free, below par game managed to drain my life. If I got World of Warcraft It would probably enslave me, knowing my weak will power, It would hold me on a tether until my retinas detoriated. A few of my friends still play Runescape, and all they usually talk about is their characters and the game. If the free version of Runescape can enchroach on one's sanity, I can't even fathom the effects of WOW. Their really should be a support group for MMORPG players.
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2006, 04:14:51 pm »
  • n___n
Well, I want to play it very badly. I was addicted on RS for a long while, and it was fun. But then, my friends turned it into a competition to who could lvl up the fastest and it got boring. Does WoW ever get boring or repetitive?
yo yo yo

HellsExecutionR = AIM
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2006, 04:30:45 pm »
If it gets boring is up to you. I myself haven't been bored many times so far and I've played for over one year. Repetive, yes. Very repetive after level 60. Past 60 it's basicly gathering reputation and farming instances.

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2006, 04:37:03 pm »
  • b e p i s
I love WoW. Then again, I have a group of friends to play it with, who I all know in real life, and we all do things in the game together and congratulate each other on our achievements and stuff. So, I imagine the game is probably made a lot more fun for me.

The race and class you choose all depends on your personal playing style. However, the game lets you experiment with the different races and classes all you want! There's no character limit to my knowledge except the one of 20 characters per server, and the fact that on PvP servers you can only have characters on one side (either Horde or Alliance.) Both sides are pretty much equally fun IMO, the only difference being some of the locations in which you level and a few instances you can run, therefore giving you different quests and sometimes different loot.

WoW is fun pretty much all the way through. There's always something to keep you busy. Sick of questing? Go run some instances (a new one is available to you almost every 5 levels!) and get some gear for your character. Sick of that? Go PvP! Still sick of that? Go screw around the massive world with some friends and look for secrets, or just explore.

However, WoW does have some negatives:

- Endgame, especially for my class (Paladin) has some problems. Pretty much, if your class can heal, you end up healing in the endgame, even if you can do other things equally well. That's just the way strategy works.
- It can get very repetitive at times. I stopped playing WoW for a month around level 40 to give myself a break. The quests aren't that original, it's mostly get this drop or kill this amount of enemies; it's instances with 5-man groups that break up the monotony of PvE play. These require strategy, teamwork, and planning, and they're great fun.
- It can be a little slow to get into until you break out of the little noobie area.

However, WoW is very accessible and the community is generally great, at least on my server. However I recommend you have some friends to play through it with.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2006, 05:49:36 pm »
DON'T START PLAYING THIS!!! SO MANY PEOPLE BECAME ADDICTED AND DO NOTHING THE WHOLE DAY THEN PLAYING WOW.

Dantztron 3030

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2006, 06:06:00 pm »
  • b e p i s
DON'T START PLAYING THIS!!! SO MANY PEOPLE BECAME ADDICTED AND DO NOTHING THE WHOLE DAY THEN PLAYING WOW.

That's their fault, pumpkin.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2006, 07:27:05 pm »
its a great game.im almost 40 and im probly gona take a week off.Its not dangerous if you cant control yourself.oh and dont listen to the people that have no experience in wow.there just mad that they dont have it.oh and wow if different from other mmorpgs.The graphics have a cool cartoony/real look which makes the game fun.

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2006, 09:46:17 am »
  • Vote for Harvey!~
and ped just said that cause his comp cant run

Actually I ran it (at the time) on my bros comp which cost about 5000 :P
So what! I wanna get out! 'Cos there's so much out there! So many different people, living different lives! Incredibly good guys, bad guys... Folks completely different from us! It's one huge melting pot! See, it's not about success, dying in the streets, who's better, who's not! I just want to be a part of it! I realized that even if I've no connections, no talent, even if I'm one big loser, I want to use my hands and feet to think and move, to shape my own life! We can just die here or we can try, see what we've got!
« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2006, 12:15:50 pm »
  • n___n
Once I can afford a decent PC, the game, and a couple months of subscription time, then I'll start playing.
yo yo yo

HellsExecutionR = AIM
« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2006, 11:19:05 pm »
all you need is like a 600-700$ pc.
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2006, 03:52:24 am »
Be Alliance, they're much cooler. ;)
I'm a Human Warrior in 5/8 Tier 1 Armor on Cenarius Server. Maybe I'll see ya? :P
Username = Faldomar
  • RPG Empire

Dantztron 3030

« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2006, 04:45:05 am »
  • b e p i s

Actually, in all honesty, you can play and enjoy WoW with a crappy 3D card and stuff as long as you've got at least 512 MB RAM. The game is very memory intensive and anything less just won't cut it. My 3D card sucks (Radeon 7500) and I enjoy the game very much because I have 512 MB RAM. RAM is cheap, too.

Pedlya

Pederp
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2006, 08:28:32 am »
  • Vote for Harvey!~

Actually, in all honesty, you can play and enjoy WoW with a crappy 3D card and stuff as long as you've got at least 512 MB RAM. The game is very memory intensive and anything less just won't cut it. My 3D card sucks (Radeon 7500) and I enjoy the game very much because I have 512 MB RAM. RAM is cheap, too.

Dont you need 800 mhz too?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.108 seconds with 75 queries.