Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Outlandish (Baldurdash)  (Read 7826 times)

Malon

ZFGC's Pariah.
Re: Baldurdash (TENTATIVE)
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2013, 09:51:21 pm »
  • "Mmmm...CHECK PLEASE!"
Here's Plait's somewhat redesign. His head isn't any bigger, it's his cape/ring that's smaller. Also, no more hands or stumps on the sides of his head.

Re: Baldurdash (TENTATIVE)
« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2013, 06:11:35 am »
  • AKA "Micah DS"
I've been watching this for a while now. I really like your style of art and your character designs. Walt is my favorite so far. Dat beard and hair! Very cool project you've got going. I wish you the best of luck in finding a programmer who can help you make your project successful.
  • My Music

Malon

ZFGC's Pariah.
Outlandish (Baldurdash)
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2013, 09:10:16 pm »
  • "Mmmm...CHECK PLEASE!"
I've been watching this for a while now. I really like your style of art and your character designs. Walt is my favorite so far. Dat beard and hair! Very cool project you've got going. I wish you the best of luck in finding a programmer who can help you make your project successful.

Holy cow! Thanks, man! It really means a lot. Expect a better Walt picture in the next couple days.

Anyways, I have a finalized name for Baldurdash! It's [drum roll]...[more drumroll]...[wait for it]...[drumroll]...Outlandish!

Basically what this is how the story goes:

It's about a Samurai-in training from the isolated land of Kana. To complete his training, he must sail on a pilgrimage to a foreign land, and must only return once he's found something that proves his honor and worth as a Samurai. However, his trip is off to a rough start. The seas are savage and wreck his boat. Washing up on the shore, he is taken in by the mad doctor Walt and his companion Mabel.

So Outlandish will have a condensed Seiken Densetsu gameplay style and will choose exploration over a drawn-out, cliché story. I promise you guys that you'll see some really cool locations.

Also, for those of you wondering who Mabel is, she's Walt's companion and a living doll of his own creation. Here's some concept art of her:

Malon

ZFGC's Pariah.
Re: Outlandish (Baldurdash) *update*
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2013, 03:32:10 am »
  • "Mmmm...CHECK PLEASE!"
So long time no see, ZFGC (not really). Here's an update on Outlandish! The search for a programmer hasn't been going exactly well, but I'd like to announce two new members to the team! Vince, our composer; and Shane, the creature designer!

Gameplay-wise the game has changes significantly. No longer is it a top-down SoM-style action-adventure, but is an RPG more akin to Dragon Quest or Earthbound. The change was made because the art would suffer within the limitations of a top-down game. That reminds me; below are some of the creatures that Shane has designed in the last couple days. Unfortunately, due to an error it won't allow me to attach the song that Vince composed but I assure you, it's quite cool.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 03:37:52 am by Malon »
Re: Outlandish (Baldurdash)
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2013, 09:31:10 am »
If you are going Dragon Quest/Final Fntasy route, I could help on and off as a programmer.  A demo of mine is floating around here somewhere of a RPG made in Game Maker 8 Lite.  If you want it done in Game Maker, I can easily get you started.  Other than that, C# with XNA is my other specialty.

I have been reading up on some HTML 5 Canvas and Javascript if you want the game to run in a browser and thus be very multiplatform :)

Just tossing it out there.

I should have added that I have designed9not programming mind you) an rpg as well besides the one I made a demo of a long time ago.  Includes all the stuff that takes place during attacks, defending, spells, ATB gauges, level ups, etc.
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Malon

ZFGC's Pariah.
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2013, 02:29:23 pm »
  • "Mmmm...CHECK PLEASE!"
Your help would be greatly appreciated Foreshadower! As for the gameplay, it has that first person style seen in Dragon Quest and Earthbound.

Also, I played your demo and it's pretty good! Only thing, can the resolution be scaled up? I wanted Shane's art to be the actual in game visuals whilst in battle.

As for the HTML5, I hadn't even considered it. Sounds like an interesting prospect, though. If you think it'd be beneficial then I think we should try it! :)

I'm going to be at work all day, so if you need to contact me, my email is: brandonsylver@live.com
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 05:12:53 pm by Malon »
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2013, 09:54:10 pm »
I'll send you an email, but resolution is no issue.  I always use standard NES/SNES/GBA resolutions since that is how the games that I try to emulate were using.  If done in Game Maker or Html 5, scaling is no issue.  XNA, I would have to look more into adapters and such or hardcode some scaling like I have done in the past.

Anyway, I'll try to get in contact with you sometime today :P
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Malon

ZFGC's Pariah.
Re: Outlandish (Baldurdash) *update*
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2013, 03:05:03 am »
  • "Mmmm...CHECK PLEASE!"
This isn't dead! Things are moving a bit slowly at the moment but I assure you that things are going well! To prove it, here is a little teaser for you guys!

Artwork by: Chris Zito

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.317 seconds with 53 queries.

anything