Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Spoilers: ****** **** is OoT Link?  (Read 6895 times)

Fox

Turnbeutelvergesser since 1988.
Re: Spoilers: ****** **** is OoT Link?
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2006, 01:55:27 pm »
well all heroes having the spririt of a beast can exclude lttp link because he had the spirit of a bunny
Can what? Exclude? Speak? Punctuation would help understanding your posts.
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2006, 02:07:10 pm »
  • Fight the Power
I agree, I though about that too its a good theory.

Currently Listening to: Mos Def - Summertime
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2006, 02:28:40 pm »
  • *whistle*
well all heroes having the spririt of a beast can exclude lttp link because he had the spirit of a bunny

That wasn't his "spirit"... that was his "nature"... The Twilight Realm reflects the person's spirit (so ordinary humans become human-ghosts, and Link would've turned into a wolf spirit, if the triforce hadn't kept him solid) while the Dark World reflects the person's nature, so they become what best reflects them (the man who was a push-over became a ball, Link was a really nice person, so he became a rabbit).

Um, Link does speak in the Zelda games - people respond to things he says. They just never show his text because he's the player. Now that OoT Link isn't the player anymore you can see his text.

Exactly. The rule isn't "Link never speaks" it's "The player never sees what the character they're playing as says". Slight difference there. :P

fullmetalboy

« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2006, 05:59:01 pm »
Um, Link does speak in the Zelda games - people respond to things he says. They just never show his text because he's the player. Now that OoT Link isn't the player anymore you can see his text.

I gotta agree with Sol he talks when he screams
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2007, 06:10:12 am »
  • hehe
Can what? Exclude? Speak? Punctuation would help understanding your posts.
my keyboard stuffed up when i was writing that, i was using the fuggin on screen one.

Esham the Unholy

« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2007, 06:20:51 am »
 :ganon:
This is a very interesting theory here. Yeah...Idk about the Golden Wolf or the skeleton being Link..who knows, it could be anybody decended from the Hero Of Time. Maybe its not even an human ancestor, maybe A spirit that created the bloodline...oh well depending on any theory or such..this could be a popular basis for a new fangame ^-^
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2007, 06:48:18 am »
  • sorry for messing up the image for an avy torch...
Hehe. I found a sentence that shows my whole opinion in a nutshell.

NO LINK HAS EVER SPOKEN.

Remember that skeleton-dude is actually TALKING to Link. OoT-Link never talked, as no Link ever did. So, that's basically the biggest contra.

Also, why should it be some rusty, filthy skeleton that is representing OoT-Link? Why not, like, a soul, spirit, ghost?

I don't know... maybe it's some other dude from an other game that was a close friend/person to Link.
And with that I just want to say that the others are more right other than there are a few places where you decide what Link says. in OoT&MM Link speaks in green. Anything in green in oot and mm is Link Speaking! That is proof that Link speaks. Why can you people not get that! No matter how many times I say that no one ever listens! Think... The only time it does show link speaking is when you meet Zelda in OoT and she asks your name, but that does not mean he does not speak! I agree that since he is a player controlled character he does not speak.

Back to the theory, I had thought of the same things after I earned the third skill... Plus the world has a very close layout to the OoT Hyrule so it wouldn't be too far after OoT... besides somewhere in the topic I heard it was confirmed to be between MM and WW... so it is really possible.

(2:03:18 AM) ***Shun_Nakamura hands Zero and ldxmzg boxes of marijuana
Ill treasure it forever
« Reply #27 on: January 01, 2007, 08:21:55 am »
  • hehe
one of the largest feats of voice acting in a zelda was when link screams, in that freaky tp cutscean with the twili getting banished.
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2007, 08:37:49 am »
  • sorry for messing up the image for an avy torch...
one of the largest feats of voice acting in a zelda was when link screams, in that freaky tp cutscean with the twili getting banished.
Yep, you went there... That thing sorta creeped me out... But as we all know, no zelda game can have a full in-english word. If it has words to be translated throw it in with the Tetra/Navi's Trackers in a sealed vault never to return again.

(2:03:18 AM) ***Shun_Nakamura hands Zero and ldxmzg boxes of marijuana
Ill treasure it forever

Fox

« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2007, 12:03:19 pm »
I know he says thing without moving his mouth or making any noise (at least not in the game, that being something symbolic, Miyamoto explained that once). Well aware of that.
In my opinion there still is a difference between silent speaking and whole frickin dia-/monologues in whole frickin text-boxes spoken by the skeleton-dude. That makes no sense.
Oh, speaking of such. What about my other point, the skeleton being an avatar of OoT-Link? In an armour? WTF. Nobody said anything about that. >:

And as for Pyru's point:
That wasn't his "spirit"... that was his "nature"... The Twilight Realm reflects the person's spirit (so ordinary humans become human-ghosts, and Link would've turned into a wolf spirit, if the triforce hadn't kept him solid) while the Dark World reflects the person's nature, so they become what best reflects them (the man who was a push-over became a ball, Link was a really nice person, so he became a rabbit).
Not sure if this ENTIRELY correct. As far as I remember, that while Link is the legendary hero in the Light-world, a wolf-creature is the hero in the Dark-World. So the wolf is not exactly Link's reflection of his character, but his counter-part.

... dunnoe if this is of any contribution lol. :B
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2007, 03:12:13 pm »
  • I put this here for the sake of that one thread
Well, something that opposes the fact that he's OOT Link is that Link's "Spirit" is supposedly reincarnated, and a spirit can't be in two places at once can it?

Then again, it seems only Wind Waker Link and OOT Link shares the same one, seeing as Ganondorf in WW claims he's The Hero of Time reborn, and says nothing about TP Link being the hero of time, as far as I know.

Also, something no one have mentioned, they both hold their swords in the same hands; Left in the Gamecube version, and right in the Wii version. So yeah, he's probably a past Link, or whoever came up with him just wanted people to speculate about it

I </3 Sol

Raen

Are you retarded or something?
« Reply #31 on: January 01, 2007, 03:18:12 pm »
  • I'm the gosh-darn Batman!
Here is my opinion: The spirit is in fact the ancient Hero's spirit. But I believe that there was another Hero in between OoT and TP. Often times in TP when the refer to the ancient Hero, there are many things they talk about that don't have anything to do with OoT Link. Take the Zora Armor, for example. They dead Zora queen says it was made by her husband for the ancient Hero. I sure don't remember King Zora giving Link the Zora Tunic in OoT, and it sure as heck didn't look like it does in TP. So I believe there must have been another Hero, and heck, he could probably monologue and wear armor for all we know.

www.myspace.com/applesofidunn

And yes, this is Acid Rain.
« Reply #32 on: January 01, 2007, 03:22:51 pm »
  • *whistle*
Oh, speaking of such. What about my other point, the skeleton being an avatar of OoT-Link? In an armour? WTF. Nobody said anything about that. >:

Why not? He couldn't wear the Kokiri tunic because TP Link's wearing it... maybe he got the armour later on in his travels.

And as for Pyru's point:
Not sure if this ENTIRELY correct. As far as I remember, that while Link is the legendary hero in the Light-world, a wolf-creature is the hero in the Dark-World. So the wolf is not exactly Link's reflection of his character, but his counter-part.

... dunnoe if this is of any contribution lol. :B

The game talks about the wolf spirit being part of Link anyway... and the Twilight Realm sorta brings that out? I dunno.

Well, something that opposes the fact that he's OOT Link is that Link's "Spirit" is supposedly reincarnated, and a spirit can't be in two places at once can it?

Maybe they were wrong? Maybe Links aren't reincarnations of each other, but share other things in common.

Here is my opinion: The spirit is in fact the ancient Hero's spirit. But I believe that there was another Hero in between OoT and TP. Often times in TP when the refer to the ancient Hero, there are many things they talk about that don't have anything to do with OoT Link. Take the Zora Armor, for example. They dead Zora queen says it was made by her husband for the ancient Hero. I sure don't remember King Zora giving Link the Zora Tunic in OoT, and it sure as heck didn't look like it does in TP. So I believe there must have been another Hero, and heck, he could probably monologue and wear armor for all we know.

King Zora did give Link the Zora Tunic. Sure, they look different in OoT and TP, but the one in TP is a "refined" version... that he probably made later. Or something.

Raen

Are you retarded or something?
« Reply #33 on: January 01, 2007, 03:25:40 pm »
  • I'm the gosh-darn Batman!
He did? Man, it has been way to long since I played that game :P Well, my theory just went down the drain.

www.myspace.com/applesofidunn

And yes, this is Acid Rain.
« Reply #34 on: January 01, 2007, 03:27:18 pm »
  • *whistle*
He did? Man, it has been way to long since I played that game :P Well, my theory just went down the drain.

Yeah, you use the blue fire on the red ice block he's in, and he gives you the Zora tunic.
« Reply #35 on: January 01, 2007, 06:07:56 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
I sure don't remember King Zora giving Link the Zora Tunic in OoT

actually he did haha.  But about the not talking, you see those choices you make in the textboxes?  Yea, those are Link's responses..so he does talk, you just don't see it.  Also, he talks in the manga.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie

Fox

« Reply #36 on: January 01, 2007, 07:06:38 pm »

Yeah, you use the blue fire on the red ice block he's in, and he gives you the Zora tunic.
Unless... you buy the tunic. Which ruins... the whole... theory. Ugh.

THAT'S WHY WE COME TO THE NEXT ARGUMENT THAT RESULTS IN MY IDEA.

Then again, it seems only Wind Waker Link and OOT Link shares the same one, seeing as Ganondorf in WW claims he's The Hero of Time reborn, and says nothing about TP Link being the hero of time, as far as I know.
Which tells me, that TP-Link and WW- and OoT-Link are from different...

TIME LINES.

Yes. Seeing their difference in look, seeing that Hyrule was NOT flood after TP... the time-line did indeed seperate in OoT. Because of time-traveling which apparently ruined the whole universe.

OoT, as we see, is far not only the key of the Zelda-story because of its 3D-ness. It also is the key of the whole saga because it splitted the timeline and made things a whole lot more complicated.

WOO.
  • Me on deviantART
« Reply #37 on: January 01, 2007, 10:39:55 pm »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
the things that complicate TP's position most are the the little things - ganondorf not mentioning the hero of time or the master sword would imply it's on the young link side as would his execution.  On the other hand, all the mention of the hero would imply it being on the other side - unless you believe in the retrospective video where Young Link told everyone of his battles as an adult and it became a story rather than history.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #38 on: January 02, 2007, 01:23:05 am »
  • hehe
like acid rain i think that there was at least one link in between times as Oot was the first in the storyline and the renando says that many tales have bin told in hyrule about heroes clothed in green. so it sounds like there's bin quite afew.
« Reply #39 on: January 02, 2007, 11:35:25 am »
  • *whistle*
the things that complicate TP's position most are the the little things - ganondorf not mentioning the hero of time or the master sword would imply it's on the young link side as would his execution.  On the other hand, all the mention of the hero would imply it being on the other side - unless you believe in the retrospective video where Young Link told everyone of his battles as an adult and it became a story rather than history.

Not to mention the problem when it's talked about King Zora making tunics for the Hero... since Kid Link NEVER wore the Zora tunic.
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 78 queries.

anything