Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Triforce - a 3D remake of Zelda 1 (new version out)  (Read 8236 times)

Nimos

Re: Triforce - a 3D remake of Zelda 1
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2006, 10:28:10 pm »
This looks really awesome, but the demo is too slow, and the sword engine doesn't seem to be working very well.

Oh, could you please tell me your computer specs (CPU and graphicscard)? I've tried an earlier version on an Athlon 1400 with a Geforce 2 MX 400 and got about 50 fps.

I don't know what specifies a sword engine but the game is checking for intersections between joints of an enemy and a joint in Link's right hand.

So part of the swordfeeling not feeling like Zelda could be remedied if someone more experienced in Milkshape3D than me wanted to adjust the swordanimation (and the joints position in the frames) to a more sweeping motion.

I'll try to upload a version with the sound bug fixed and GPL-license applied.
Unfortunately the guy that programmed the collisions is no longer on the team so we won't be able to tweak/fix the collisions. One reason is that it will be entirely rewritten in the new engine.

rhalifax

Pixelated Tree
« Reply #21 on: October 13, 2006, 01:56:17 pm »
  • I'm here for the Bacon
Good demo its really neat I'm glad I could use my 360 controller on it XD

Yeah it played good there were some sound errors and link sounds funny when he gets hit. he looks ok movement wise the run looks a little odd. No menu made the dungeon and everything confusing, and the monsters kept flying into the walls and getting stuck. The final boss was easy I swung at him once and he got caught in the wall so I just went through the door and won! ;D

good game very promising keep it up!
Pixelated Tree. | I make crappy Youtube videos now.
XBL- aaronshatonyou | PSN- cpt ehren | Steam- cptehren
  • Pixelated Tree

Wc-duck

« Reply #22 on: October 13, 2006, 02:07:53 pm »
...and link sounds funny when he gets hit.

Link should sound that funny... it is actually one of the developers LATE one night (or morning ;) ) recording that on his laptop. We tought that it sounded so funny that we left it in...

And the "enemies getting stuck"-issue is well known =/

Raze_Element

« Reply #23 on: October 13, 2006, 07:59:28 pm »
Very good, for some odd reason I was killing skeletons in the First Person Beta Version, and the game froze on me. Also, the camera was a little too slow for me, it felt like a resident evil outbreak type of camera, the enemy would move and you would barely be able to attack them, as for the third-person view! Very good, though the camera was somewhat annoying to fix. A+ job, good luck.

moree

Bizon-Ent.com
« Reply #24 on: October 14, 2006, 02:42:13 pm »
  • N/A
I liked it a lot :D
the only problem was that my computer was acting REALY slow.
I guess you used a lot of objects and textures...
« Reply #25 on: October 15, 2006, 09:51:00 am »
  • odens knop
It looks really odd, you should make it a particular style, make Link 3D, short, and chubby or something. :P  It looks pretty cool though, too bad it will be blown away by FoH  :ganon:[/rival]

Anyways, I'm Swedish too. :P
|LEUS HERTAN MINAT|
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2006, 11:11:40 am »
  • Loopier than a bowl of Cheerios
LOL
They are 2 very different games, this one is the best 3D remake of zelda 1 I've played, its stunning.

« Reply #27 on: October 15, 2006, 11:55:45 am »
This looks really awesome, but the demo is too slow, and the sword engine doesn't seem to be working very well.

Oh, could you please tell me your computer specs (CPU and graphicscard)? I've tried an earlier version on an Athlon 1400 with a Geforce 2 MX 400 and got about 50 fps.
Sorry, I didn't mean it's working slowly on my PC, because I noticed that the trailer is also slow, so I concluded it's something of the demo. It's that the game needs to be more dynamic.

Nimos

« Reply #28 on: October 15, 2006, 01:48:54 pm »
pretty cool though, too bad it will be blown away by FoH  Ganonbannon[/rival]

Hehe, it's always fun with some competition. But as we stated before, we're not working directly on this version. So it may take some time before we can release something new that's Zelda-oriented. But eventually we'll be there. And then with some more focus on gameplay instead of visuals.  :)

However, the soundfix has already been made some time ago, so we'll upload a new version soon.

Wc-duck

« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2006, 06:30:55 pm »
Finaly I'v got my thumb out of my ass and posted the version of Triforce with the buggfixes to our page. Please try it out. Version 1.1 is the one to get.

triforce.kihlander.net
Re: Triforce - a 3D remake of Zelda 1 (new versi...
« Reply #30 on: November 22, 2006, 07:38:13 pm »
  • Am i here or am i not?...
go on!! keep working!!!
but link is kinda.......do better 3d models!!!
youll get far if you do that....
i am swe too...... 8)
« Reply #31 on: November 26, 2006, 03:58:59 am »
  • Fear my Blades
You should have read the first post:

The project ended in the beginning of June 2006. 2-3 of us have started a new project based on this one. We're making a generic framework that will be useful in more games than just this one.

However, here's the final result that was released in June 2006:

No, they aren't working on this one any more.

I've done it (sorta)!  Bloom Lighting in GameMaker, and 3D mode too!  Check out the awesome Screen Saver.
  • Kousou Games
« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2006, 12:01:53 am »
  • ZFGC veteran
 :o Screenshots look amazing downloading right now! :jellytime:

Disappearing at random intervals for long periods of time since ezboard. (look I finally fixed the spelling error!)

DPSmith

« Reply #33 on: December 12, 2006, 10:31:32 pm »
I'm not being funny or anything but why are you doing games like this in 3d ? when you could be doing the much better 2d zelda games eg. alttp, that would be the first game i'd play if i knew how to make 3d games. Unless you were going to do all the 2d games, but I sense you do not plan on doing that. Good luck anyways, looks great, no matter what game you're doing.

Nimos

« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2006, 11:29:38 am »
Okay, not to be rude but all that is here is your old demo that you made and no updates. Could we have some sort of update to show this project is still alive?
If not then I have to assume it isn't going anywhere, and I sure hope not because I had faith that the people who made that demo could expand.

Some small changes were made in the newest version posted here. But they were only buggfixes and tweaks. I made an attempt at integrating more of the new code into the old project but I felt it wasn't worth the time since several parts were not compatible. And you programmers know searching for bugs in other peoples code (besides my own) is not the funniest part of programming. ;)

As for the new engine, it's progressing, but slowly since we're only working on our spare time when we feel motivated. I've also got a lot to do now in school (Master Thesis).
Furthermore, we no longer know if we'll really do a Zelda remake. It might be funnier to make an original game. But we'll see. Perhaps we'll get some inspiration/motivation from Zelda TP... :)

I'm not being funny or anything but why are you doing games like this in 3d ? when you could be doing the much better 2d zelda games eg. alttp, that would be the first game i'd play if i knew how to make 3d games. Unless you were going to do all the 2d games, but I sense you do not plan on doing that. Good luck anyways, looks great, no matter what game you're doing.

Well, we only had about 4 months of halftime work to complete the project and Zelda LttP is much more complex than the original LoZ. We also thought that more people would recognize the original LoZ.
« Reply #35 on: January 06, 2007, 08:22:19 pm »
  • Who's your favorite possum?
Is the site down, or is that just on my end?

Wc-duck

« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2007, 09:58:29 am »
Is the site down, or is that just on my end?

I'm one of the devs and also the server owner and Im currently moving so the server is currently down. When it will be up and running again is hard to tell since Im looking for an apartment in Stockholm, Sweden, and its not the easyest =/

However you may still get the game, source code and screenshots from triforce.sourceforge.net.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 69 queries.