Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: My Minecraft Project..  (Read 5635 times)

Re: My Minecraft Project..
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2010, 01:28:10 am »
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
Um, 5 minutes is plenty of time.  If a game can't catch my interest within 5 minutes either by story or gameplay, I don't think it's worth it. 

First of all, Minecraft shouldn't even be considered a game.  It doesn't meet the requirements.  Second, you really can't do much in this within 5 minutes.  To make anything you can have a feeling of accomplishment from, you need to spend a good amount of time.

i love big weenies and i cannot lie
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2010, 02:04:54 am »
I played the free version couple months ago.  I understand the game and the point of it.  Read a bunch of articles.. It's not my thing.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2010, 02:29:08 am »
I played the free version couple months ago.  I understand the game and the point of it.  Read a bunch of articles.. It's not my thing.
The free version's only a shadow of what apha is though, I've easily put 100+ hours into this game already. I think the last game I did that with was Dark Chronicle/Dark Cloud 2 on PS2. If notch has made this much money from a game like this, the big devs nowdays are obviously doing something seriously wrong.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2010, 06:07:47 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
I think the only time I've ever not liked this game was when it wouldn't run on my old computer through the standalone app, but the fact that you can play it in browser alone makes it so worth it.

The only logical reason to dislike a game like this is that you're a Chilean miner. I can understand if someone says "I dislike building large things and showing them off", or something like that, but that isn't what it's about. It's a byproduct of the game.

You set your own goals in the game. Decide what you want to do. For instance, when I started a new world, I decided that I was going to focus on building an obsidian farm to go into the nether. It was fun.
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2010, 06:48:03 am »
<_<... What games captivate within 5 minutes?
Tetris and Sudoku, but that is about it.

There are a couple of reasons why I have not started or have any interests in the game:
1) I just don't have the time to spend playing, while I still have a shitload of other stuff to do. One is very important and that is my Master Thesis.
2) The purchase information is really obscure. On the website I don't see anything about the one time cost and possible monthly contributions. I don't have any idea if I will have to pay a different price than anyone else.
3) The creators website is also really obscured in information about the game. Most of it you need to get from people playing the game.

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2010, 06:58:30 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
The game is addictive because everything you do rewards you. You chop down a tree, you're rewarded with materials. You place a block, you're rewarded with something you personally created. You take a step, you're rewarded with being that much closer to your next adventure. And believe me, you DO have adventures in this game. I was down in a mine with ZServ and walnut100 for almost 2 hours... Just mining. And it was genuinely FUN. This game is FUN. It's a game you could play with your worst enemy and still enjoy it.
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #26 on: November 30, 2010, 01:23:48 pm »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese
<_<... What games captivate within 5 minutes? Almost none. That's not enough time to even get into the game. That mentality will really cause you to miss out on 90% of the best games.

I think you're underestimating 5 minutes, it's a lot longer than it sounds.  And I'm talking about from the moment you choose to actually start the game from the menu.  I think a better question is what games don't interest you in 5 minutes?  Minecraft's just not my thing, but in general I'm not that picky about what I play.

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #27 on: November 30, 2010, 04:57:57 pm »
  • b e p i s
The game is addictive because everything you do rewards you. You chop down a tree, you're rewarded with materials. You place a block, you're rewarded with something you personally created. You take a step, you're rewarded with being that much closer to your next adventure. And believe me, you DO have adventures in this game. I was down in a mine with ZServ and walnut100 for almost 2 hours... Just mining. And it was genuinely FUN. This game is FUN. It's a game you could play with your worst enemy and still enjoy it.

This. In Survival multiplayer, I feel like I'm a kid again going on adventures with friends in my backyard. There's always something new and interesting around every corner in the game world.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #28 on: November 30, 2010, 06:34:17 pm »
  • Xiphirx
I don't have any complaints other than the MP is completely broken and needs fixin' :P (yes I know its in alpha)
  • For The Swarm
« Reply #29 on: November 30, 2010, 07:13:10 pm »
  • Wu tang Forever
I don't have any complaints other than the MP is completely broken and needs fixin' :P (yes I know its in alpha)
Also, !@#$% creepers. There is nothing more frustrating than watching your house get blown up.
« Reply #30 on: November 30, 2010, 09:37:20 pm »
Watching your house get blown up is half the fun! :)

Xiphirx

wat
« Reply #31 on: November 30, 2010, 09:55:32 pm »
  • Xiphirx
Watching your house get blown up is half the fun! :)

I'm about to play with a friend and spam tnts. Will see how that turns out >;3
  • For The Swarm

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #32 on: November 30, 2010, 09:58:43 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
Also, !@#$% creepers. There is nothing more frustrating than watching your house get blown up.

Obsidian farms = almost limitless supply of Obsidian :P

Building your house outta that = :3
« Reply #33 on: December 01, 2010, 04:48:58 am »
A friend and I did this on a server that was recreating the oblivion city to scale, we went down at one end of the city and a couple of hours later popped up on the other side of it.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2010, 02:06:35 am »
  • The Mike
Back towards the topic focus.....

This is looking pretty awesome. It'd be quite a challenge to complete the entire lair but I'm sure you can do it. Have you considered adding Spiral Mountain?

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2010, 03:04:48 pm »
Considering it starts underground (there's no other way to fit everything), I won't be adding spiral mountain.  For an update, I'm currently up to the lava room where the Gobi's Valley puzzle is.

« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2010, 06:52:33 pm »
  • 笑い男
Going half back off topic with how fun/boring minecraft is,
I tried it once for about 5 minutes too and didn't get into it at all either. Just reading now though, I decided to check out some youtube videos, such as: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VWnQHS-ffs&feature=related and actually, now that I know what you're actually supposed to do, or what you can do rather, it does actually look quite fun lol
I love building stuff and getting raw materials to get better stuff to get better stuff and so on lol while "surviving" sounds pretty cool actually, so I'll be giving it another, proper try in a bit :D

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World

cgmHDblog

CGMHD
« Reply #37 on: December 04, 2010, 10:16:22 am »
I haven't tried Minecraft yet. Been seeing tons of YouTube videos in the past though. Does the main game have strong gameplay or is it mostly for people to screw around in and build random stuff?
  • Classic Game Music HD
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2010, 11:06:15 pm »
  • 笑い男
.........Just bought it..... o_o
I've not done that in a LONG time.

Once you understand how it works and what you can do, it really is an extremely awesome game :D lol

cgmHDblog:
I suppose a lot of people find building fun (obviously :D), but more than that I like how you start off with nothing with night coming fast where bad things come out that want you dead :x, so you have to learn to survive, maybe explore your world a bit, make some pretty amazing discoveries, build up a house, that turns into a base as you slowly progress and build more and more tools and contraptions to help you do anything you want really. It's all down to you and your will to survive and live.

Some people have made some amazing things, which are awesome for the 5 minutes they run on for on youtube videos, but a lot of them do that with infinite blocks from the get go and no danger to worry about. The real deal is in the survival mode, imo.

Also, I may not of ever played a game as scary as this one. Seriously. Yet this is a game that's made out of blocks and low res graphics.
I think if anything displays gameplay>graphics, it's this.
It's genius.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 11:10:33 pm by hawthorneluke »

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2010, 11:16:28 pm »
So I found out recently that there is actually a limit to the world size.  It's...ready for this?

3 times the surface area of the Earth (scaling it obviously to minecraft units, however many feet or meters one block is).
« Last Edit: December 05, 2010, 11:18:45 pm by MG-Zero »

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.078 seconds with 75 queries.

anything