Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: !@#$% yeah 25th Anniversary for Mario, lets celebrate by shoving an SNES rom on a  (Read 5080 times)

Zhello

N.A.D.I.
Re: !@#$% yeah 25th Anniversary for Mario, lets ...
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2010, 03:50:04 pm »
  • L'homme avec beaucoup de noms.
never said it was on the disc but I think it is a fun game lol
The IT Guy
Intermediate Coder
Linux is a wonderful thing
~Linkwolf48/Gumstone1080~

The Legend of Zelda - New Beginnings

http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=34986.0
1.6 Demo -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/56km0iadaras56g/LoZNB%20Game%20Folder.rar?dl=0

Side Projects:

Dragon Diary - Cybernetic Threat
Story: http://wiki.zfgc.com/Cybernetic_Threat

Aero88
ZFGC is like the Hotel California.  You can come in but you can never leave!

devianart: http://linkwolf48.deviantart.com/

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2010, 06:42:39 pm »
  • The Mike
Not everybody can download games on the Virtual Console and not everybody has played the original games and the original SNES All-Stars. If it sells well then it sells well. Besides, the All-Stars versions of these games aren't even on the Virtual Console, much like Ocarina of Time Master Quest though I do have it on a hacked OoT channel. Just leave it alone. Yes. :P

• Zelda Eternity

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2010, 06:50:57 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
Not everybody can download games on the Virtual Console and not everybody has played the original games and the original SNES All-Stars. If it sells well then it sells well.

Anyone who has $30 can download games on the Virtual Console. Probably all of those games and then some... Also the second part of that is why Nintendo is being slightly evil with this. It's lazy money. It's also why Nintendo is 100x worse than Sony and Microsoft combined :P

Besides, the All-Stars versions of these games aren't even on the Virtual Console, much like Ocarina of Time Master Quest though I do have it on a hacked OoT channel. Just leave it alone. Yes. :P

Again, they could have put All-Stars up there instead. I would call it a lazy port but really, there's no porting involved. They used their stock emulator to port over a rom. Seriously, wtf. The only people who would both defend this game and find this game appealing are fanboys. Pretty much all there is to it :x

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #23 on: December 20, 2010, 06:45:39 pm »
  • The Mike
Not everybody can download games on the Virtual Console and not everybody has played the original games and the original SNES All-Stars. If it sells well then it sells well.

Anyone who has $30 can download games on the Virtual Console. Probably all of those games and then some... Also the second part of that is why Nintendo is being slightly evil with this. It's lazy money. It's also why Nintendo is 100x worse than Sony and Microsoft combined :P

Like I said, not everybody can download games on the Virtual Console as they might not have their Wiis connected to the internet. I do agree that they are being slightly evil with this but Nintendo is known to re-release games all the time.

Besides, the All-Stars versions of these games aren't even on the Virtual Console, much like Ocarina of Time Master Quest though I do have it on a hacked OoT channel. Just leave it alone. Yes. :P

Again, they could have put All-Stars up there instead. I would call it a lazy port but really, there's no porting involved. They used their stock emulator to port over a rom. Seriously, wtf. The only people who would both defend this game and find this game appealing are fanboys. Pretty much all there is to it :x

There aren't even any odds of that happening, which is probably why they released this Wii version in the first place. Pretty much the whole All-Stars package is probably around or over the size of N64 games on Virtual Console and I'm guessing that they only allow a specific size for SNES games or any games on the Virtual Console, which is probably the reason why they did this in the first place. You can get the four games on Virtual Console for $21. The fact that the Wii version offers a few other things pretty much makes the $30 tag reasonable, emulated or not.

• Zelda Eternity

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #24 on: December 20, 2010, 07:02:23 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
... dude, the emulator is the same size for all of their games. All-stars was *incredibly small*. -_-;; I'm surprised the "It has many games so it must be large!" defense came into play :\ 4mb game != the size of an N64 game.

EDIT: I was mistaken. It's not 4mb... it's not even 1mb...

"File Size: 950.97 KB"
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 11:39:25 pm by Mamoruアニメ »

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2010, 04:41:21 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
Any other games Nintendo re-released also got extra features. Knightmare in dreamland got new mini games, Zero Mission got a graphical facelift and actual story, OOT got Master Quest. SMB1-2-3 got graphical updates and lost levels (first time around) I just dont get how they can re-re-release a game, and even take away from it. SNES even got SM Allstars + SMW which was technically a re-re-release. Making this a re-re-re-de-release. Funk you, Nintendo! 5 bucks says it comes with a dumb card and DVD telling you how to play it too.
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2010, 05:59:49 am »
DJ, it comes with a CD containing theme music from the mario games and a booklet detailing the history and development of mario games.

Yubel, I know that there are some people who don't have access to VC and they are too young to have experienced the NES and SNES era's. For them it probably is great addition. But for me personally, I feel a bit dissappointed because I have seen many re-releases of those exact same games. Beginning with SM Allstars and later SM Allstars + SMW. On the GBC SMB DX was a re-release of SMB1 and later on the GBA in the SM Advanced series SMB2 and SMB3 were remastered and released again. It seems to me that Nintendo thinks the Mario legacy is just those 4 games and the rest don't care. The Mario history is far richer than the NES platform games. But it seems like that gets ignored. That is why I am dissappointed. Not so much about the price.
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2010, 09:20:31 am »

Like I said, not everybody can download games on the Virtual Console as they might not have their Wiis connected to the internet. I do agree that they are being slightly evil with this but Nintendo is known to re-release games all the time.

There aren't even any odds of that happening, which is probably why they released this Wii version in the first place. Pretty much the whole All-Stars package is probably around or over the size of N64 games on Virtual Console and I'm guessing that they only allow a specific size for SNES games or any games on the Virtual Console, which is probably the reason why they did this in the first place. You can get the four games on Virtual Console for $21. The fact that the Wii version offers a few other things pretty much makes the $30 tag reasonable, emulated or not.

You must play some pretty small N64 games.

You can get all of them for $21 yes, but those are buying 4 NES games seperately. This is one SNES game, which would make sense for it to be less then 4 games combined. There are a lot of people who want All Stars on the VC, i am sure they would make a lot more money putting it on the VC then selling it in a limited Wii disc run.

« Reply #28 on: December 22, 2010, 02:01:47 am »
On the GBC SMB DX was a re-release of SMB1
At the time, it was pretty kick-ass. It's portable Super Mario Bros with saving, and extra levels. Since the original is and was my favorite Mario game, it was the most played game in my Game Boy Color.

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2010, 03:12:52 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
DJ, it comes with a CD containing theme music from the mario games and a booklet detailing the history and development of mario games.
I meant extra features pertaining to actual game-play. Game-wise, this is just as FISSURE said, an SNES game thrown on a CD, and a technically tripled shelf tag. If you wanna call a CD loaded with music you can find on youtube by typing "mari" in the search tag, and a "development history" that has been documented thousands of times in thousands of interviews over the last quarter century, "Special Features" worth the 20 dollars you're burning, than you aren't gaming right. Everyone knows why Mario wears suspenders. Everyone knows why he has a mustache. Everybody knows SM2 was Doki Doki Panic on JP... That's all the development history thing is gonna be re-iterating. I'll bet you anything that it's gonna be narrated by Charles Martinet and is gonna cause more mysterious deaths than the video from The Ring.
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2010, 09:35:31 am »
I know, that is why I think the extra's aren't worth a dime.

But you said that it would come with a card and a DVD on how to play it. Which is not so, thus I would like to collect those 5 bucks for the HNSTW fund.  :P XD 8)

DJvenom

super-sage
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2010, 09:47:16 am »
  • Colbydude was here.
*pulls out wallet*   :'(
I do art
I ermmm... DID do art
I do art
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2010, 09:55:59 am »
As chairman of the HNSTW fund I thank you. Your donation is really appreciated.  8)
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.452 seconds with 64 queries.