Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Just bought a NES on eBay...  (Read 5898 times)

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: Just bought a NES on eBay...
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2011, 02:48:45 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
I'm with Deefs on this one; honestly I just don't see the fascination with having the console. I bought mine just to gut it out and put a computer in it, and THEN I rommed out.
Mammy, you don't get it do you. It does not have to do with playing it on a TV, it is about possesion.

<_< Why did you reply to me with that statement? Reply to the people stating that they should just plug their computers to their TVs, not the person saying they don't see a fascination with owning the console. Your response is more appropriate for Antidote, or Reo. My statement also has nothing to do with not owning the console; just that it's not that fascinating. I *also* have the console, and it's *also* "shining beneath my TV". The difference? Mine has a 1Ghz processor, 1Gb of ram, and a hard drive to run just about any emu up to the 64. Lack of attention +1 :|
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 02:52:43 pm by Mamoruアニメ »
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2011, 06:05:45 pm »
Sorry Mammy, I was really groggy this morning (attention -1000). I guess I replied to you because you were the last one talking about roms.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #22 on: February 11, 2011, 01:48:27 am »
  • The Mike
I only find Emulators and roms useful for taking screenshots to help complete content pages. Other than that, I think they are pointless. Playing on a console just feels right. If you can enjoy playing on a console, then that's great. People who play with emus and roms clearly don't support the original game and the original system but I guess fan gaming would do that to you. I'd rather earn my games than be cheap and lazy but I suppose that's just one man's opinion which wins over all. It's been decided.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #23 on: February 11, 2011, 01:57:37 am »
People who play with emus and roms clearly don't support the original game and the original system but I guess fan gaming would do that to you.
Yeah because my grandparents did not spend close to $4000 on videogames for me over the course of my entire life.  Add that to the probably $2000 I have given to the game industry myself in just the last few years.
So if someone uses emulators, they don't appreciate the original game?
I am sorry, I know that COULD look like a valid opinion but it's not.  It's actually pretty ignorant.
That's like saying:Oh hey, I know you already bought Star Wars Episode IV like 4 times brand new:VHS, DVD, DVD Collectors, and Blu-ray, and got some used copies but since you streamed it off a video site this time, you don't appreciate it anymore.
Nintendo does not get anymore money off the original(virtual console is ALSO an emulated environment).  You are supporting Joe Blow and thrift stores.

I really like your opinions for the most part but that , IMO, was one of the dumbest things I have ever read.  

MAKES ME RAGE!!!! DDDD:<<<

Oh and try playing a SNES on a 1080p tv...  Hurts the eyes as does playing n64 games.

More food for thought:
My NES no longer works...You think ima drop around $50 for another one with no guarantee my games even work anymore?
That's being ignorant.  

Personally, I think Nintendo should make the smart move and support emulation, instead of being jackasses about it.
"ZOMG some little downloaded a 22 year old game that we don't even manufacture anymore.  I know, let's put it on a virtual system which emulates emulation and make them pay for it.*QQ* *QQ*"

If anything, Nintendo does not appreciate its original games since they think that they need to turn those old games into the !@#$% house to make more money.

Too drastic? I know.  I still wuv all of you <3
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 02:11:06 am by Theforeshadower »
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #24 on: February 11, 2011, 05:52:59 am »
Oh and try playing a SNES on a 1080p tv...  Hurts the eyes as does playing n64 games.
No, it does not. If it hurts your eyes, your tv just cannot deal with the signal propperly. My eyes can hurt pretty fast, but I have hooked my NES, SNES and N64 up to my 1080p tv. I have played days on end without that it hurted my eyes.
« Reply #25 on: February 11, 2011, 12:54:37 pm »
No, it does not. If it hurts your eyes, your tv just cannot deal with the signal propperly. My eyes can hurt pretty fast, but I have hooked my NES, SNES and N64 up to my 1080p tv. I have played days on end without that it hurted my eyes.
You running NTSC or PAL?
I run the video components(not the RF adapter) and it looks really badly stretched on my tv.  Especially when I play n64 games.  007 and Perfect Dark look all blurred and nasty.  Even when I run PD in high def mode it still looks nasty.
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2011, 04:52:19 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
People who play with emus and roms clearly don't support the original game and the original system but I guess fan gaming would do that to you. I'd rather earn my games than be cheap and lazy but I suppose that's just one man's opinion which wins over all. It's been decided.

...What? You're kidding, right? Not supporting the original games? Dude, hate to tell you this, but if you're purchasing a game *after* it's out of print, you're not "supporting" anyone except for the person who originally bought the game. Economics 101.

You're saying you would rather pay Fat-Bob Otaku $100 for a cart of Doki Doki Panic that he bought for $20 back in 1992 when they were trying to liquidate the remaining carts? Is that what you consider 'supporting gaming'? If you consider emulation "cheap and lazy", then what would that be? 'Retarded and zealous', if you ask me.
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2011, 06:40:33 pm »
You running NTSC or PAL?
I run the video components(not the RF adapter) and it looks really badly stretched on my tv.  Especially when I play n64 games.  007 and Perfect Dark look all blurred and nasty.  Even when I run PD in high def mode it still looks nasty.
All my consoles are PAL, although my tv can handle both. The NES goes through the RF antenna and the SNES and N64 go through the video component.
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2011, 12:43:41 pm »
  • odens knop
Games made for a CRT display look worse on a modern high defenition TV, there is no denying that. Most of my retro games are PAL, but my NES collection is strictly NTSC. When I was playing Metal Gear the other day I had a blurry ghostlike figure following Snake as we walked around. It looks grainy, streched, and blurry, unlike when I played it on my old TV (RIP). For the record I play in 4:3 ratio with standard AV cables (not RF) on a NES-01, the 1985 Canadian version.
|LEUS HERTAN MINAT|
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 56 queries.