Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: So where is the option to make Tingles Stupid Rupeeland have a fun battle system  (Read 5538 times)

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
Re: So where is the option to make Tingles Stupi...
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2011, 02:08:04 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
Anyway, I think Tingle is a character who was just better received in Japan, and the Tingle DS games were meant to be distributed in Japan. That's pretty much why they weren't released internationally. So threads like this on Zelda forums like this wouldn't be made.

Europe.

Tingle is better received in Europe :P

Also, in comparison to LttP, LA, and OoT, MM is a pretty trivial side-quest feeling game :x Feels like an expansion pack.
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2011, 10:27:24 pm »
Cultural differences. (There's really nothing else to say at the end of a Tingle-debate.)
Since the point of this whole thread is someones disappointment in the battlesystem of Tingles Rosy Rupeeland one of the most reasonable comments to be made is that nobody is forced to play a Tingle game, and that Wind Waker is the only game where it is mandatory to talk to Tingle in order to finish the game. Hopefully, Tingle.interaction won't be mandatory again, but he'll be an optional-to-talk-to NPC for the enjoyment of japanese and european gamers.

As a side note, Majoras Mask has a pretty good main story even without the inclusion of all the sidequests. But I guess MM is a zelda game that appeals the most to fans of the RPG-genre. More story = more goods, according to that kind of player (=myself).
- Viewing at the moment: Project Runway [TV-series].
- Reading at the moment: Kuragehime [manga], Uncanny X-men issues 37 - 66 [comics].
- Listening to at the moment:
- Playing at the moment: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles [GCN], FFCC: Ring of Fates [NDS].
- Let's Play in-the-making at the moment: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles [GCN]
- Studying at the moment: University course "French, Preparatory Course" for a re-examination on subcourse "Grammar and Translation" in August, University course "Basic Course in the Humanities" for a re-examination on subcourse "The Concept of Culture" in August.
« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2011, 11:35:59 pm »
This relation is pretty much all I've ever needed to enjoy Tingle.

Anyway, Tingle's amusing. He's not creepy so much as just silly, and the way he's very determined about things is fun. I liked that in Wind Waker, he came across as if he just might be underhanded and wanting Rupees, rather than being fairy-obsessed etc. and I enjoyed Rosy Rupeeland because there was some elaboration on that aspect of his character.

In Rosy Rupeeland, by the way, he's very hetero.  ;)  He doesn't wear the Tingle suit by choice, and often lusts after the ladies.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 03:36:25 am by Nabeshin »
« Reply #23 on: January 31, 2011, 01:10:40 am »
The Tingle Tuner was some of the most fun I've had in a Zelda game. I thank Tingle for that.

Otherwise, he feels boring.

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #24 on: January 31, 2011, 05:59:00 am »
  • The Mike
Even though he doesn't have a bring role or have much relevance, Tingle is still a pretty decent character and probably one of my favorite Zelda characters. I'd love to play those Tingle games but everybody hates Tingle in North America so thanks to you haters, I can't have fun playing Tingle games. I agree about the Tingle Tuner, it is a pretty fun item though it would have been cool if it could be used for the main quest and maybe alter it a bit. I liked collecting the statues though as it's a good way to get some Rupees for reading those Triforce Charts.

XD I don't think there's a positive side to Tingle :P

For me, Tingle represents a time when Zelda turned into dribble. I suppose it's different for people who actually enjoyed Majora's Mask though.
Zelda never turned to dribble. If it did, nobody would play it and nobody would love it. To be truthful, Majora's Mask has become more appreciated the past couple years because people are now realizing how great of a game it is. It still seems you'll never realize that but I guess that's what happens when you lose joy for such a franchise. Yes.

I still find it amusing that you hate Majora's Mask and Tingle.

• Zelda Eternity

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #25 on: January 31, 2011, 06:46:24 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
Even though he doesn't have a bring role or have much relevance, Tingle is still a pretty decent character and probably one of my favorite Zelda characters. I'd love to play those Tingle games but everybody hates Tingle in North America so thanks to you haters, I can't have fun playing Tingle games. I agree about the Tingle Tuner, it is a pretty fun item though it would have been cool if it could be used for the main quest and maybe alter it a bit. I liked collecting the statues though as it's a good way to get some Rupees for reading those Triforce Charts.

XD I don't think there's a positive side to Tingle :P

For me, Tingle represents a time when Zelda turned into dribble. I suppose it's different for people who actually enjoyed Majora's Mask though.
Zelda never turned to dribble. If it did, nobody would play it and nobody would love it. To be truthful, Majora's Mask has become more appreciated the past couple years because people are now realizing how great of a game it is. It still seems you'll never realize that but I guess that's what happens when you lose joy for such a franchise. Yes.

I still find it amusing that you hate Majora's Mask and Tingle.

Lots of franchises turn to dribble. It doesn't mean "nobody would love it". That's probably the most retarded thing I've ever heard :P The series has been around for over 20 years bro; of course people are still going to love it. Hell, I still love it. Just not what it's become.

MM - "Expansion Pack" crap that focuses more on fluff.
TWW - Beautiful game, but greatly lacking in valuable content. Builds off of the MM model of "less dungeons, more fluff".
TP - A (failed) attempt by Nintendo to take the Zelda franchise back to what it used to be; expansive dungeon crawling adventures.
PH - A game that emphasizes on time consuming repetition to make it seem much more expansive. Sorry, but that's !@#$% stupid.
ST - THE EXACT SAME GAME AS PH. Anyone who can't see that is a moron. Also inb4 people say "oho you could say OoA is the same as OoS" but unlike PH and ST, those two games don't rely on the exact same progressional structure the other one had, even down to the way you need to progress through a specific area.

But yeah, I totally see what you mean though; Zelda hasn't become dribble. Those games are totally on par with Gunpei era Nintendo games :)
« Reply #26 on: January 31, 2011, 01:18:04 pm »
Since the discussion has changed a bit:
Majora's Mask is the worse Zelda game, IMO.  I felt rushed the entire time I played it, and not in a good way. Seriously, I shouldn't have to go back in time every hour.  The masks were irritating to me.  The story seemed crap to me.  I don't get how everyone says it is "so dark".  Maybe since you play as a child the entire time, I never connected with Link the same after OoT since I played OoT right as I turned 12.
  TP was actually more of what I have been wanting but it seemed to much like they were pushing "epic" onto the game instead of just focusing on the core elements of a great 3d Zelda game.
  WW would have been more enjoyable to me had there been less: Let's go take a !@#$%, take a shower, and eat breakfast while I go around saving Water World.  I know about the warping....go away.
  PH and ST look so bleh to me.  I actually tried PH once and thought the controls were stupid.  Sorry, I actually like using buttons and D-pads(part of the other reason TP got old to me since i had it for Wii).  I had no problems controlling PH but it felt sloppy to me.  I like to play my handhelds in bed looking up at them.  Kinda hard to do that when you have to touch the screen all the time.
That, and I am finger/thumb lazy :p

Somewhat back on topic but not really:
I never liked Tingle....ever.  Thought his map making crap in MM was stupid.  Just give me a complete overworld map please, kthxbai.   I do not see why he had to get his own game.  Seems like trying to milk something there...Tetra's Trackers anyone?
Have not played the game, and probably will not since I have seen some sprites and images at tSR I think it was.  It looks pretty retarded for a game.

tl;dr
You people have weird tastes.
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #27 on: January 31, 2011, 03:43:11 pm »
  • 虫めづる姫君
I never liked Tingle....ever.  Thought his map making crap in MM was stupid.  Just give me a complete overworld map please, kthxbai.

Yet nobody ever complains about the fish guy who you have to hunt down in 49 different squares to complete the world map in the Wind Waker.

Y'all are just racist against faeries, admit it.  You hate Tingle and you hated Navi too! 
« Reply #28 on: January 31, 2011, 06:43:40 pm »
I never liked Tingle....ever.  Thought his map making crap in MM was stupid.  Just give me a complete overworld map please, kthxbai.

Yet nobody ever complains about the fish guy who you have to hunt down in 49 different squares to complete the world map in the Wind Waker.
That is what I said. Tingle makes all the other characters look better to all those Tingle haters.  :P
« Reply #29 on: January 31, 2011, 09:11:20 pm »

Y'all are just racist against faeries, admit it.  You hate Tingle and you hated Navi too! 

To be honest, I completely forgot about teh fish guy.   I hated him too.  I think people do not mention him as it gives you something to do while spending an hour going across the overworld.

Navi was an annoying nag too.
"Listen!"  "Hey!"  "Watch out!"

I think i said out loud a few times: Shut the hell up.  I know what I am doing, moron.

X3
  • Super Fan Gamers!

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #30 on: January 31, 2011, 10:33:51 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.

I believe I covered that when I said
TWW - Beautiful game, but greatly lacking in valuable content. Builds off of the MM model of "less dungeons, more fluff".
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2011, 07:04:51 pm »
Different strokes for different folks, I suppose. MM is a game that no one is ever middle-of-the-road about; it seems like you either love it or you hate it. The people who like it are really culty and possessive over it, but on the other hand, a lot of people have definitely given it a first/second try more recently and really found an appreciation for it.

Couple years ago, my girlfriend at the time didn't like MM (she got the disc with the four games, although she had already played OoT). Loved OoT, played the NES Zeldas and Minish Cap as well. She said she felt rushed, which is understandable given what seems like a time limit (I've never felt it but I can see why you would). We compromised, I played through a bit and she watched, and then the game seemed to click for her and she blitzed through the rest on her own. Ever since, she thinks MM is better than OoT and is essentially in the MM cult.
« Reply #32 on: February 01, 2011, 09:43:28 pm »
I think that is what make the Zelda series so great, that the games vary and loan a little bit from different genres, so that some are more dungeon crawling heavy, some are graphicorgasmically amazing (OoT, TP) and some are bundles of exciting exploring with quirky NPC's. (MM, WW) You can't really say that anything is "worthless" or lacking, it's just filled with different bits.

...If the Zelda games are bags of candy, maybe Mammy expected some licorice in MM but got chocolate instead. Not bad candy, but hey, not what he wanted. That's how it goes. The more candy you like the better for you, but if not you can give it to someone else and buy a new bag o' candy instead. 'cept that candy is expensive. Damn. Metaphor died, lol.

I was really nervous about the timelimit in MM at first, but after getting the ocarina and rushing around for a while I realized "hey, I can avoid gameover anytime now. I can chill!" So I did. And stalked every character. As if I was a perv. And I loved it :D
- Reading at the moment: Kuragehime [manga], Uncanny X-men issues 37 - 66 [comics].
- Playing at the moment: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles [GCN], FFCC: Ring of Fates [NDS].
- Let's Play in-the-making at the moment: Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles [GCN]
- Studying at the moment: University course "French, Preparatory Course" for a re-examination on subcourse "Grammar and Translation" in August, University course "Basic Course in the Humanities" for a re-examination on subcourse "The Concept of Culture" in August.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #33 on: February 01, 2011, 11:20:51 pm »
  • ^Not actually me.
I think that is what make the Zelda series so great, that the games vary and loan a little bit from different genres, so that some are more dungeon crawling heavy, some are graphicorgasmically amazing (OoT, TP) and some are bundles of exciting exploring with quirky NPC's. (MM, WW) You can't really say that anything is "worthless" or lacking, it's just filled with different bits.

...If the Zelda games are bags of candy, maybe Mammy expected some licorice in MM but got chocolate instead. Not bad candy, but hey, not what he wanted. That's how it goes. The more candy you like the better for you, but if not you can give it to someone else and buy a new bag o' candy instead. 'cept that candy is expensive. Damn. Metaphor died, lol.

I was really nervous about the timelimit in MM at first, but after getting the ocarina and rushing around for a while I realized "hey, I can avoid gameover anytime now. I can chill!" So I did. And stalked every character. As if I was a perv. And I loved it :D

Well, for me it's like...

"Here's Kirby! Kirby has a series of games that follows a working formula! We're going to release a game where that formula is changed, and uh, lets turn Kirby into a ball, and you draw paths for him!"

Zelda's the same way; it had a working formula, until they decided to change things up and change focus on us :P Played through MM quite a few times (never really intimidated by the timer), never found it even close to enjoyable :x
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 11:53:45 pm by Mamoruアニメ »
« Reply #34 on: February 02, 2011, 08:19:41 am »
(I didn't like that Kirby game either. It was the "magic paintbrush" one for the NDS right? :P )

I like both dungeon crawling and NPC interaction, so yay me. But I think that the change in formula came with the 3d games, suddenly there were all the capabilitys to make the world around the player a lot more engaging, beautiful and detailed than before. (TP, for all the faults people have found, is KICK-ASS beatiful.) I should really have liked a MM masterquest with more dungeons to make the game more 50/50 in terms of dungeons vs. "fluff". Something that is really disappointing is that the dungeons in the NDS games were totally boring! In terms of dungeons, all the gb/gbc/gba games kicked PH and ST's asses. And to add to that, about 70% of the NPC's were godawful boring. None of those weird WW characters or feisty MC guys.

Mamoruanime

@Mamoruanime
« Reply #35 on: February 02, 2011, 08:35:59 am »
  • ^Not actually me.
(I didn't like that Kirby game either. It was the "magic paintbrush" one for the NDS right? :P )

I like both dungeon crawling and NPC interaction, so yay me. But I think that the change in formula came with the 3d games, suddenly there were all the capabilitys to make the world around the player a lot more engaging, beautiful and detailed than before. (TP, for all the faults people have found, is KICK-ASS beatiful.) I should really have liked a MM masterquest with more dungeons to make the game more 50/50 in terms of dungeons vs. "fluff". Something that is really disappointing is that the dungeons in the NDS games were totally boring! In terms of dungeons, all the gb/gbc/gba games kicked PH and ST's asses. And to add to that, about 70% of the NPC's were godawful boring. None of those weird WW characters or feisty MC guys.

If I'm not mistaken, MM is the result of the Ura Zelda OoT game for the DD; meaning it was in effect an expansion pack for OoT. I think the lack of dungeons directly revolves around that :p They probably designed them well before they decided to make it a stand-alone game. I assume that once they decided to make it standalone, they focused solely on the NPC stuff, and didn't bother with the dungeons.
« Reply #36 on: February 02, 2011, 07:35:19 pm »
Actually, what I understand about OOT and MM, was that they both were based on the original idea of Zelda64. Zelda 64 was a game with a lot of dungeons and actions, but also a lot of overworld interaction. In Zelda64 they tried to make it so that every NPC had different day to day activities (without the 3 day timelimit) and that everything you did influenced those NPC's either direct or indirect. In addition that every plant you uprooted and the footprints you left in the sand influenced how the flora and fauna would develop further on.

However Nintendo soon realized that the dynamics programming was a really big scale project which did not fit on a N64 cartridge, along with the high demand of a new Zelda game they released OOT. OOT was just like ALttP a Zelda game with a story and dungeons, some NPC's but without the dynamics that they initially wanted. Then Nintendo started to develop the 64DD, which contain a disk with a shitload more space then a cartridge would ever be able to have. This was a new opportunity for Shigeru Miyamoto and Eiji Aonuma to try and create the dynamic content they initially wanted. But soon Nintendo also gave up on the 64DD and not to get their vision completely lost, they decided to give the appearance of the dynamic content they envisioned in the 3 day cyclic and become the game MM.

At least that is how I have understood it. Thus OOT and MM together are a bit of what Zelda64 should have been, if it wasn't constrained by the N64. And that vision is what they have tried to carry on with TWW and TP. And probably now with SS as well.
« Reply #37 on: February 02, 2011, 08:49:32 pm »
Applause to Niek for splendid explanation. What I've gathered from most interviews is practically the same, that with MM (and the EXPANSION PACK required to play it^^) the OoT developing team had a chance to flesh out the characters and the world, giving it more life. Which is what they've always wanted to create. The world in a Zelda-game should be a "perfect miniature" world, and as such needs both scenery, people and story along with the dungeons. It's all about the logic of having a land that is worth saving because of what you see in it, not cause you're told to do it.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 74 queries.

anything