Hello Guest, please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
Login with username, password and session length.

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sorry, Dragon Ball Z...You are no longer in my top 5.  (Read 3506 times)

Sorry, Dragon Ball Z...You are no longer in my t...
« on: March 24, 2011, 04:12:23 pm »
I just finished Eureka 7.  Damn, what a trip.  I do not want to spoil it for anyone but I think people who greatly enjoy Gurren Lagann, Code Geass, and/or Evangelion need to watch Eureka 7 through once.

That being said, my top 5 anime list is now very different becuase of the new animes I have watched over the past half-year or so:
1. Code Geass(including R2)
2. Mobile Suit Z Gundam
3. Neon Genesis Evangelion
4. Eureka 7
5. Gurren Lagann

Some honorable mentions:
A New Mobile Report: Gundam Wing(dear to me as it was my first anime other than Digimon)
Dragon Ball Z
Mobile Suit GUNDAM 00
Robotech: Macross Saga
Area 88

What are you top favorites?
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 06:14:49 pm by Theforeshadower »
  • Super Fan Gamers!

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
Re: Sorry, Dragon Ball Z...You are no longer in ...
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2011, 05:01:12 pm »
  • .越//
xD i just thought to see dragonball kai here =P

seems you're a mech fan right

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
Ocarina of Time: Deku Caca
~Other~
Paper Mario Style Zelda&Link, Tetra Trackers HUD-Cleanups

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2011, 05:06:19 pm »
xD i just thought to see dragonball kai here =P

seems you're a mech fan right
I love the story settings that involve mechs.  Some are serious(GUNDAM), some are fun(Gurren Lagann), some are just plain nuts(Evangelion).

Maybe I just enjoy mech as the medium for stories for the most part.
  • Super Fan Gamers!

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2011, 05:39:43 pm »
  • .越//
So i have a few tips for ya!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn3GDzFSaXc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn3GDzFSaXc</a>
Break Blade by Production IG ( small ova maybe you read the manga ;) ) <-- ongoing ;)
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqKsoJuKJlc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqKsoJuKJlc</a>
Code Geass R2 by CLAMP
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNRFOiqksNI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNRFOiqksNI</a>
Visions of Escaflowne
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SObdO0YxAgc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SObdO0YxAgc</a>
Full Metal Panic + Full Metal Panic FUMOFFU ( 1st serious, i guess & 2nd funny in same universe )

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

Minish Cap Beta:Firerod Icon, Majoras Mask:ChuChu, Ocarina of Time:Gossip Stone, Oracle Series:Link plays the "Herpes of Ages", Impa, Wand Maker: HUD
~GB-Zelda Style~
~Other~

« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2011, 06:11:20 pm »
I thought about watching Escaflowne since it was advertised on my Gundam Wing DVD.  It looked like it could be interesting.
Also, fantasy settings are pretty good too if done right.I used to watch Inuyasha quite a bit back in the day.
When it comes to fantasy settings, however, I much enjoy actually playing them instead of watching them.  That is a huge reason i enjoy Final Fantasy games on the first play-through(then for the RPG stat progression and making my characters god-like on extra play-throughs).

I probably suffer from some form of escapism quit heavily since I spend alot of my time playing videogames, watching anime, reading fantasy novels, and slowly trying to create my own fantasy vision in the form of a video game one day.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2011, 06:21:15 pm by Theforeshadower »
  • Super Fan Gamers!

pxl_moon (dotyue)

Team Dekunutz
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2011, 06:16:23 pm »
  • .越//
well you could just watch the movie ;)

~~Resources~~
~Minish Cap Style~

~GB-Zelda Style~
~Other~

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2011, 08:52:38 pm »
What are you top favorites?

1. Trigun
2. FLCL
3. Dragonball Z
4. Cowboy Bebop
5. Xam'd Lost Memories

Honorable Mentions:
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
.heck//Sign
Elfen Lied
Mahoromatic
Tsubasa: Reservoir Chronicle

Yessir indeed.
  • https://colbydude.com

Dantztron 3030

Mammy's Favorite Storyteller!
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2011, 12:00:58 am »
  • b e p i s
1. FLCL
2. Cowboy Bebop
3. Samurai X
4. Samurai Champloo
5. Trigun (sorta.)

Basically any other anime TV show I've ever seen sucks balls.
well i dont have that system and it is very hard to care about everything when you are single

Hammer Bro. Mike

Hammer Bro. Mike
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2011, 01:30:51 am »
  • The Mike
1. Bleach
2. Dragon Ball Z/Kai
3. Yu-Gi-Oh! (4Kids & YGOTAS)
4. Pokémon (4Kids & TPC)
5. Digimon (Season 1 & 2)

There are probably a few others I like pr have watched before but I can't think of them off the top of my head. I don't watch too much anime though.

• Zelda Eternity
« Reply #9 on: March 25, 2011, 04:41:34 am »
  • 笑い男
Eureka is indeed a good trip :D

As for what to see next, Macross Frontier should set you off again :p (If you want to get the best experience though you may want to watch the 5 ep Macross Zero OVA first though, then the very excellent Frontier.)

There's also Gundam Seed, which like Macross also completely changed my view on Gundam (Not just some stupid mech anime, but one hell of a story full of emotion).
I loved its story.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 04:44:10 am by hawthorneluke »

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World

Zhello

N.A.D.I.
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2011, 05:07:04 am »
  • L'homme avec beaucoup de noms.
I cant remember much but Ill try to see what I can put here.

1. Samurai Champloo
2. Cowboy Bebop
3. Gundam(Cant remember which one, but it is the one with some old guy with long gray hair)
4. Dragonball
5. Naruto place holder for below

There was one anime I watched as a kid, but I cannot remember the name, all I can bring up is teenagers in space, and they are in the future.  If any knows the name, please tell me :)
The IT Guy
Intermediate Coder
Linux is a wonderful thing
~Linkwolf48/Gumstone1080~

The Legend of Zelda - New Beginnings

http://zfgc.com/forum/index.php?topic=34986.0
1.6 Demo -
https://www.dropbox.com/s/56km0iadaras56g/LoZNB%20Game%20Folder.rar?dl=0

Side Projects:

Dragon Diary - Cybernetic Threat
Story: http://wiki.zfgc.com/Cybernetic_Threat

Aero88
ZFGC is like the Hotel California.  You can come in but you can never leave!

devianart: http://linkwolf48.deviantart.com/
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2011, 03:44:13 pm »
Eureka is indeed a good trip :D

As for what to see next, Macross Frontier should set you off again :p (If you want to get the best experience though you may want to watch the 5 ep Macross Zero OVA first though, then the very excellent Frontier.)

There's also Gundam Seed, which like Macross also completely changed my view on Gundam (Not just some stupid mech anime, but one hell of a story full of emotion).
I loved its story.
Just about anything that has the word GUNDAM in it, I have watched it.  I am only really missing all the Universal Century movies.  To put it more specific anything after Zeta and before G Gundam.  I tried to get into ZZ but it really irritates me to change the cast of a series like that.  Eventually, I will get around to watching it, and i am sure it is probably really good.

As far as SEED goes, I watched Destiny first as I had no idea that there was just SEED.(I bought Destiny at the store on DVD before I had internet).  It was still awesome but since I watched Destiny before SEED, I like Destiny more.  That and Destiny is similar to Zeta, which is my favorite ^^

I found a few to watch:
Super Robot Taisen OG(both of them)
Star Driver: Kagayaki no Takuto
Outlaw Star
Macross Zero
Macross Frontier
Key the Metal Idol
Full Metal Panic!
Burst Angel

If you have watched those, I would be glad to know what order I should go in watching those.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2011, 04:27:43 pm by Theforeshadower »
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2011, 02:18:40 pm »
  • 笑い男
Apart from the Macross one's I've only seen FMP Fumoffu, which is unlike the original full metal panic and is more of a comedy romance take on things, but it was pretty good.
Short too so you wouldn't waste much in the (unlikely) case you don't get along with it.

btw there are also sites like anidb.net and anime-planet.com for reviews and similar anime recommendations.

Another small favorite of mine is uchuu no stellvia. Also saw the original 6 ep top wo nerae, which was also pretty good imo and both may appeal to you.

If you want recommendations for other non space/mech anime (comedy/romance/stuff to make you think/adventure/just awesome story) then there's quite a few I can give you.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2011, 02:24:28 pm by hawthorneluke »

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2011, 02:39:11 pm »

If you want recommendations for other non space/mech anime (comedy/romance/stuff to make you think/adventure/just awesome story) then there's quite a few I can give you.
Sure.  I am mostly into adventure/drama/romance/adult(not in sensual way but more for an adult audience). 
  • Super Fan Gamers!
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2011, 03:03:14 pm »
I'm watching Higurashi right now and after being thoroughly confused by the first season (I enjoyed it a lot however) things are finally making sense.
Quote from: Jason
Your community is a bunch of stuck up turds.
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2011, 04:20:09 pm »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese
I think I watched the first 4 or 5 episodes of Eureka 7 and was utterly bored.   :-\

1. Ergo Proxy
2. Xam'd
3. FLCL
4. Evangelion (I think the second Rebuild movie is actually better than the series in parts.  Shoot me.)
5. Cowboy Bebop

I almost put RahXephon up there because some of the episodes are just breathtakingly awesome (19 for example), but as a whole it isn't nearly as interesting.  Also, even though I generally dislike the "slice of life" kind of shows, I really liked Toradora.
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2011, 09:16:02 am »
  • 笑い男
Higurashi indeed is VERY awesome.
First season (24 eps or so) is very what on earth's going on and all that, may be interesting if you like that sort of thing, but then after that the second season gets very amazing.
Not just death note like making you think epicness (which is also very good), but also gets very emotionally awesome.
However, if you plan on watching it (highly recommended) then you need to watch the first season and can't just skip to the second though.
Will be very worth it in the end though.

As for some other stuff, there's probably plenty I'm forgetting and of course I won't be just naming any old crap I saw but stuff that I actually think is very well worth watching:

Comedy: School Rumble - No idea if it depends on the person, but I couldn't stop laughing and love it.

Romance: Clannad/Kanon/Air (by kyoto animation, not the short films by some other company) and ef (a tale of memories), possibly even Elfen Lied (if you're up for having your heart destroyed).

General: Full metal alchemist (still not gotten around to seeing the latest "remake", sure it's awesome, but the original one is VERY good), Fate/Stay Night is another favourite of mine and the same for Ghost in the Shell.

I'm actually watching GTO (drama version) on TV lately as well. Saw (most of >_<) the anime some time back and quite liked it.
Should try out a few eps to see if that sort of thing is to your liking too lol

That's all I can remember that I really recommend right this instant I guess. I'm sure there's more though, if you ever need more :P

I think I watched the first 4 or 5 episodes of Eureka 7 and was utterly bored.   :-\

I remember thinking the same now that you say that.
Indeed the start is slow and just feels like some random anime, but after a bit it turns out to be very serious and dramatic.
I remember when I realised it was getting more serious and being very relieved that it wasn't just any old crap but actually going to have a pretty good story.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 09:23:36 am by hawthorneluke »

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2011, 06:27:16 pm »
  • I had to sew my face back on with string cheese
I'm surprised there haven't been more mentions of Ergo Proxy... it's awesome.
« Reply #18 on: March 28, 2011, 05:54:15 am »
  • 笑い男
I've only seen the first ep of it.
I should of watched more (of course I can't say anything from just the first ep) but haven't, so can't contribute on that one sorry :(

この世に悪があるとすれば、それは人の心だ
  • .hack//The World
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Contact Us | Legal | Advertise Here
2013 © ZFGC, All Rights Reserved

Page created in 0.054 seconds with 73 queries.

anything